Elijah "Grunt" is here

I posted on the other blog, but it was just a quick blurb so I thought I would update here and the other blog for those who care :-)

We had our baby Tuesday via repeat c-section. The c-section was supposed to happen at 10:30 but there was a mistake in scheduling so we got bumped back. We were also supposed to record for a new reality show, BUT the doctor that was in charge ended up being the ONLY doctor that didn't let people in the OR. So, we didn't get too.

Other than that, things went pretty well... The spinal which I was most worried about was a total breeze - actually I didn't feel it going in and was shocked when they told me to lay down because it was done. The c-section itself was worse than last time - I think because last time I was so drugged up and this time I could "feel" more - no pain, but more tugging, pressure... I could also hear more and that was just gross, lol. I felt like I was having issues breathing as well, even though I knew the machines would pick up on it if I really was, but it just felt more uncomfortable.

Eli also had issues breathing, just like his big brother. However, he didn't have to go to the NICU like Cayden - they had NICU nurses in the OR with us, and they were able to "fix" him there. I cried when I heard him cry, and they laid him on me and I got to "carry" him out as we were wheeled into recovery together. He latched there and nursed like a champ - but I haven't been producing milk, so now unfortunatly I think we're going to have another formula baby.

While the c-section was worse than my first, the recovery? Has been WAY better. I'm still sore, I still have some pain, and it's still something I would have rather skipped, but I'm just able to do SO much more this go around - at least when it comes to Eli. It's hard with Cayden because I can't do much and when he comes to visit he wants held and stuff and I can't really do that.

Oh, Elijah is a beast. Born at 1:18 PM a week early he weighed in at 9 lbs, 6 oz. We were told he was 21 inches, but his bassinet says 20 inches, so we're not 100 percent sure on that!

We call him Grunt because he constantly makes these little grunting noises. So cute.

Nurses here have been amazing, but I am exhausted so I'm signing off.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll post more pictures (including some of big bro) later on the other blog.

8 comments:

OOH!!! Congratulations, he's gorgeous!!! Now, rest!! You deserve it, momma!

 

Congratulation!! He is so precious. I hope you enjoy him and I hope you will be one of the lucky one to get to sleep through the night.

 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! he's absolutely gorgeous!

so glad recovery has been better than you expected!

enjoy your family!

 

Aww what a sweet thing! Congratulations!

 

Congratulations to you!!

 

Congratulations, he really is adorable! I hope you and the rest of the family are all doing well.