So you asked for an update

Please understand that I am saying this with no harshness, it's just the truth.

I did and do still have every intention of coming back. Yes, I said I can't stand when things are in boxes, and so moving would be easy - I apparently was full of crap. Moving with two children was insanely difficult and stuff still isn't unpacked. The re-model company who re-modeled our place didn't do several things right. So, even though I had internet when I first moved in, I had no outlets because out of all the outlets in our place, only three were grounded (meaning they were only two prong outlets and I couldn't plug in either computer) This caused me to get behind on school work and I actually had to drop a class because of it. I've also been dealing with the apartment people coming in and out to fix things (broken front window that was broken when we moved in, broken back window that was broken when we moved in, broken dishwasher that was broken when we moved in... There's been more, but I won't bore you) Then, the power in my living room blew for no reason (and yes, we tried to fuse box) so I had to deal with a BUNCH of people coming in and pulling out all my outlets to try to figure out what went wrong.

I already mentioned school, but there have been two tests since, and two papers - and that's not including what I attempted to do in the one class I ended up dropping. My husband started a new job, and he's now gone a lot more, meaning I'm alone with the kids a lot more and a lot more exhausted at night.

We've also been dealing with an issue with Eli - we started to switch him over to milk and he's having a bad reaction to it. I won't go into the messy details, but there's been a lot of carpet cleaning going on.

I know that these sound like a bunch of excuses - and they are. You guys wanted reasons, these are it. I totally understand wanting a response, an explanation, a time frame, but at the same time I can't always do that. I like the blog. It's fun for me, but right now fun often comes last. There are just too many other things I have to take care of. I know some people argue that I made a commitment to this, and therefore I owe it to at least end it, and I understand that. But, as I've said before, I don't get paid for this. It isn't a priority. I wish it could be, but it's not and it can't.

I do plan on keeping it going, but I can't promise when posts will be. Right now school is breaking for Thanksgiving, so all I have due this week is a discussion board. Soon, school will be over for the quarter and I won't be going back until January. I should have a lot more time - but it seems like every time I say that, something horrible pops up. I have Eli's birthday at the end of the month and his birthday party beginning of December, but I'm hoping over our Thanksgiving break to pop out a post. No promises.

Sorry if this makes you angry. Sorry for letting anyone down.

10 comments:

That's just it when I mentioned people being "impatient"...I guess it wasn't a good phrasing. What I meant was that some comments take on a disgruntled, demanding tone that comes through. And, these blogs that writers put up without getting compensated financially for their work are FREE and based on the ability of the writer to make the time to put into the development. Sometimes, things in life just get in the way; I think this writer has done an great job at explaining why her blog hasn't been updated.

 

I wish you had the time to post more, but because i know you don't & often i suppose you are too tired when you have a moment of downtime that you just want to sit, but i know u have so much other stuff going on now that i don't bother to check, get mad, insult u, or any other # of things, i am happy when there is a post, i love the blog, but i am used to u not being able to be around.

People need to understand that as you said this is not your job, therefore not a requirement, i think they need to move on if they can't see that.

 

It should go without saying that family and school are priority. I truly hope you get some downtime soon... not just for the blog, but for you too! Can't wait for another post, but enjoy your holiday, we'll all be be here when you back and have appreciated the story you've given so far!

 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Of course everyone gets disappointed when there are not new posts, but a lot of people do not understand how much family means to some people. You are a full time mom with 2 kids, plus going to school and a wife, it's hard. Take your time coming back and write when you can. Your real readers will stick by you no matter how long it takes you to update. I hope you get time for yourself soon and if that means you post, that's fine, post, but you need some me time soon. I love your story and am excited for you to come back but do it in your own time, don't do it because people are immature and have nothing else to do but complain about other people. Good luck with getting everything organized and since we are so close to the holidays, Happy Holidays and I hope this Christmas goes better for you then last year did. :)

 

Like many of the other users have stated--you are 100% correct in reminding everyone this is not your job.

I personally, happen to check this blog daily (its bookmarked on my phone) simply because I LOVE it. You are an incredibly talented writer. I continue to check not out of impatience, but hope there is something here!!

Sometimes we can take on a sense of responsibility to our readers, or those in our lives that may not be directly in our family, and that's ok. But, please do not let yourself stress over not getting a post done. Stress makes things incredibly unfun. :)

I didn't get a chance to read the comment you deleted, but keep in mind, if someone had the audacity to say something nasty--they were also here, reading your post, because they love this blog.

Take care of your family first, school second, and the blog when yóu need a little more fun in your life. Happy Holidays! We miss you here in blogland!!

Cam

 

Don't worry about those who don't understand that you are a wife and a mother first. Too many times people are miserable and find it their lot in life to make others that way as well. I have been reading this blog from the beginning and your breaks do not bother me and should not bother others. We should just enjoy!

 

For those of you looking for another blog to read, I would recommend thisfish.com. I found it years ago, I think she started it in 2002. She has lived in Boston, NYC and now in Dallas with her husband. It's a true blog about her dating and personal adventures which includes a lot of world travel. I will say that I'm not enjoying it now as much as I used to, but mostly because dating drama is a lot more fun to read, and she's married now. The archives are available on her site.

 

Good to hear from you. Too bad moving hasn't been even close to what you had hoped for. Here's to hoping things improve soon and you get to take a breather. Glad to hear hubby got a new job! Take care! mum

 

Happy Thanksgiving, Ladies!!!