Shocking!

I'm trying really hard not to say anything in anger that I will come to regret. I hope you all realize that this is NOT directed towards everyone. I wouldn't even say that it is directed towards the majority.

Shocking that there's no new post, huh? I found it shocking that someone would say that, which I saw when I was coming to announce the fact that this morning I had to put my dog down.

It's really enough to make me say fuck the blog. Why should I give a damn about this blog? It was supposed to be fun for me - it started out as being fun for me - and now all it is, is something else on a long list of things to do. I don't get paid for it. I don't really enjoy doing it anymore - but I have a very long list of people who are invested in it, and rooted for it, and supported it, and complimented it, so I did feel like I owed them, and for them I will complete the blog. But for people who find it so shocking that there's no post? Go fuck yourself. Not nice, not mature, but neither is making a snide remark on a FREE internet blog and not even having the balls to slap a name on the comment. There will be a post when you see a post. If it's too much of a hassle for you to type in the address and check every once and awhile to see if that post has shown, then stop coming. Nobody is forcing you to be here. You didn't pay anything for it, you didn't invest anything in it.

Again, there have been SO many people who have been supportive, amazing, kind, funny, and people I would now consider friends - and this is not directed towards you in the LEAST. But basically, if it's a hassle to spend five seconds to check to see if there's a new post, then save yourself the time. Don't come back.

I'm still shooting to get a post up this week. I'm guessing it'll be Saturday night/Sunday morning. I also have 200 math questions due monday, and a test to due Tuesday, which is also my birthday, as well as dealing with a depressed dog who misses his sister and two kids who keep asking when their dog is coming home, so don't be too shocked if it doesn't happen.

7 comments:

Wow. You have done an amazing job of holding your composure this long. I am so sorry to hear about your dog :( I know how awful it is to go through and many people don't understand it.

There are a lot of us out here who support you and love the blog and totally appreciate you. Screw the rest. I have no words (none that I can repeat here) for people that act entitled and rude.

I hope your weekend goes better and don't worry about the blog. Those of us who aren't jackasses understand and fully support you.

It is ok to be anxiously awaiting a post and so into it that you can't wait for the next post because most of us are dying to know what happened next. It is NOT OK to be a huge jackass about it when life gets in the way and posts take a bit longer to get up.

 

I agree with turtlechick. You have kept this blog going for so long with everything going on. I am so sorry about your dog. Hugs to you. Have a lovely weekend and forget all about the internet trolls.
Sheena

 

Facebook has ruined me...I was looking for the 'like' button on turtlechick's comment ;) I echo what she said and wanted to also add I'm so, so sorry about your dog. :(

 

My blog is non fiction but i have had to post a f you message lately too.

See here is the kicker most faithful readers have the attitude of "if there is a post, great, if not, ah well, will read when there is one".

I don't follow anyones schedules, i see who has a new post that day, read them, then go on, anyone who can get bent out of shape over lack of posting needs a new life.

Sorry to hear about your dog :(

 

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. How sad, especially for your boys who really aren't old enough to understand, yet. We had a cat who was killed by stray dogs when my little guy was 3,and he would still cry about it when he was 6. That first loss is so hard.
I wish negative people would keep their thoughts to themselves--they've killed every blog I follow. Hang in there, Laura. Haters gonna hate.

 

That is really unbelievable! I do not understand some people. I am very sorry you have to deal with such ignorant individuals. I love your story and look forward to the new posts but would never dream of even asking when it will happen let alone complain. Some people really need to get a life.
I hope you don't let them get to you.

Signed another supporter!

 

I'm so, so sorry about your loss!! What's worse is you probably haven't had time to mourn since you have to keep it together for your boys.

Get back to the blog whenever you feel like it, and IF you feel like it. You know who cares enough not just about the blog but about YOU to wait however long it has to be. And if you decide you've had enough, then we'll just have to deal and know that it's for your benefit. I personally would rather know that you're doing ok than read about Ella knowing you're hating having to write. After all this time we know who you are and we want you to be happy.

Find your peace of mind. Fuck all the haters ;)