Part TWO

-Short, but combined with part one, they would make a normal size post-

All I had wanted while I was away was to be at home, by myself, and just be able to do nothing. Now I had that, and I was so beyond bored. I sat around the house, time ticking slowly by, trying to find ways to occupy myself. I knew one thing was for sure, when I went back I wouldn’t complain about being too busy. I kept waiting for Matt to come home, and he did not. I was more than ready for the time when people would start arriving to hang out – and quickly became annoyed when that time rolled around and nobody was showing.

At first I was just antsy. I paced and checked the window. Then I tried to call the people who said they were coming over – and got frustrated when nobody answered. Then I got both pissed off an annoyed, and was about to head upstairs to change into my pajama’s when I heard the knock on the door.

I opened it and saw Drew standing on the door step.

“Hey, sorry I’m late.” He said, walking through the open door. “Or am I late? Where is everyone?”

“Good question.” I said. “I was told we’d be meeting for dinner and games and nobody has shown and nobody has answered their phone, or returned my texts. So.”

“Oh. Well. I mean… You still want me to hang around? In case anyone else decides to show? Or, uh, you know, we could do something?”

“Yeah, I mean… You did come all the way over. And I’m starving.”

“You wanna go out and get a bite?”

I shook my head. The earlier thought of getting into my pajama’s still sounded like a good one. “I’m not really in the mood to go out. I’m kind of bummed everyone bailed. But maybe pizza?”

“Sure, pizza’s good.”

“Can you order? I’m gonna go change. And hey, why don’t you order a movie?” I said, tossing him the remote.

When I came back down, Drew was sitting in the middle of the couch, a movie paused on the TV in front of him.

“That’s my shirt.” He said, smiling at me as I sat next to him with my legs curled underneath me.

“I have a whole wardrobe full of your stuff. It’s the most comfortable stuff I have.”

Drew slipped his arm over the back of the sofa, and without thinking about it, I leaned into him. My head hit his shoulder, and as soon as it did, a thought hit me and I popped back up.

“This was totally planned, wasn’t it?” I asked, looking over at Drew.

“What was?” He asked, looking confused.

“Tonight. Us. Being here alone. I mean maybe you weren’t in on it, but…” I remembered Matt leaving earlier. He had probably called everyone and told them not to come, and then stayed away from the house all day. He knew if he came home he didn’t have an excuse for leaving again.

“I’m not following.”

“Matt and I talked this morning, and he asked what the plans were for tonight and some other things. Anyway, he left pretty abruptly and I thought I had made him mad or something. I’m pretty sure he called everyone and told them not to come.”

“Why?”

“He wanted us to be alone I guess.”

“You don’t find that weird at all? I mean he likes you, right? Why is he pushing us so hard? I mean not that I mind, but it just makes me a tad suspicious.”

I sat up all the way now so I could turn and face Drew.

“Are you really worried about him?”

He shrugged. “I mean, yeah, a little. And don’t give me that look, it’s not because I don’t trust you. I mean it’s always a risk in a relationship, right? Things might not work out and people move on.”

“I think Matt just wants me to be happy. And I think he knows you make me happy.” Then I smiled. “And you said it was a risk in a relationship. So… Is this a relationship?”

That caused redness to creep up in his cheeks and a smile to cross his face.

“I don’t know yet. I wanted to take things slow, but it’s hard. It’s definitely where I want things to go, though.” He reached forward and brushed a stray strand of hair across my forehead and tucked it behind my ear. “What about you? What do you want?”

I swallowed hard. “You. I want you.”

I couldn’t tell you who initiated it. I couldn’t tell you if Drew leaned forward or if I did, or if maybe we both did it at the same time. But somehow, I was in his arms and his lips were on mine.

And the world was perfect.

8 comments:

Yes! (says with hands in the air)

Team Drew all the way!

 

I know right! I'm like YAY!!!! I'm sooooo happy right now! I love your blog so so much

 

Awww, brought a tear to my eye. mum

 

Sooooo, on the one weekend she gets to come home and see her friends in God knows how long, her one friend goes behind her back and tells all her other friends to bail on their one chance to get to see her, without them even giving her the courtesy of a simple "sorry, can't make it" phone call? Seriously?!! I would be so beyond pissed if that happened. I mean yeah, it's great that Drew is there and that things are happening between them (I've always been Team Drew), but now Ella will go home without having hung out with anyone other than Drew, Matt and (for a couple hours) the girl she met at the gym. You know, for someone who swore she was going to forget guys and just focus on herself for a while, she sure spent the entire time she was home pretty much ONLY HANGING OUT WITH THE GUYS WHO HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER. Yes, way to avoid boys and drama. I know, it's not Ella's fault that Matt went behind her back, but still, I just think it sucks that she won't get to spend any time with most of her friends now.

 

Pushing Anonymous' comment aside...


YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I agree with everyone else...YAY!!!!

 

Great post. I don't think Ella is all that focused on missing out on her other friends for this visit, now that she and Drew are making strides. She can do that next time; this is a once-in-a-lifetime (with this particular guy) opportunity to rekindle something really special. Nice. Always loved Drewster.

 

what about visiting her parents?

im over drew. i just dont care about him anymore, maybe im over this blog bc i know its ending, but i just wish there was something more. its good writing, and clearly everyone else is happy, but .. meh. idk, im not feeling it. oh wellll. good writing!