Whatever Wednesday

New post below this - it's short, but I think combined with part one it's a normal post length.

Whew. Life is hectic - but it's getting a little better. Jeremy got a new job and the hours were killer - I was pretty much alone with the kids from almost the time they woke up until they went to bed. We also only have one car so I was stuck alone in the house with them. I literally thought I was going to go insane - Single Mom's and Mom's with husbands who are deployed, I do not know how you do it. Jeremy and I were fighting, I was being mean to the kids, I literally felt like I was losing my mind. It probably sounds so dumb, but to be stuck in the house with the kids all day by myself was just a lot harder than I ever thought possible.

So, he decided to go back to his old job. The hours there are way earlier, which stinks, but we pretty much have the whole early afternoon to evening together. It's still not ideal, but it leaves him time to job hunt for something better.

My dog is better - that was hard. We had two puppies, Koopa and Goomba. Koopa was the runt of the litter, and Goomba is... Well, we call him Big Fat Goo Dog for a reason. I knew when she started throwing up what it was. I freaked a little because she was vaccinated and I didn't understand how or why it was happening. We hadn't had them around other dogs or anything. Anyway, we took her to the vet. There's not a whole lot they can do, and Koopa was already still so small from being the runt, and she just didn't make it. Goomba, for a few days after, was fine. We had hope that maybe his vaccine took when hers didn't, or because he was bigger he was just stronger than she was and was able to fight it off. But then on my birthday he started throwing up. It was really scary and he got really bad, but through medication and force feeding of water and gatorade, he's better. And it's insane to know that last week he wouldn't even jump up on the couch and to see him now. It's still not great - I can tell he misses Koop and he does get lonely and bored by himself I think, but we can't bring in another dog and risk it getting sick too, and to be honest two dogs was quite a bit of work that I don't really know if I want to do. So, we're trying to lavish extra attention on him.

Then there's school, which hasn't been too difficult, but it's funny because I'll be like "whew, this assignment is complete" and then realize I need to start working on the next one, lol. I'm also mad at myself because I stupidly missed a math quiz, and I need ALL the points I can get in math because it is not my strong suit at ALL. So I'm hoping I pass the class or I guess I'll be adding it on to my class list for next quarter, lol.

Other than that, nothing else. School, kids, dog is my life, lol. The 24th is Jer and my wedding anniversary. We've been married for four years and it blows my mind. I know four years isn't a super long time, but it is my longest relationship.

How's everyone else doing?

4 comments:

Being an at home mom is hard. Sometimes I'm not the best mommy I can be but it is what works best for our family right now. Little escapes like a good blog (yours), books, showers and crafts keep me sane... Most of the time:)

 

True, there's days when being a stay-at-home wife & mom can feel like a thankless job. But, I have friends who work outside the home who also have kids and husbands, and they STILL wind up doing the greatest share of housework, cooking, and child rearing. They're always exhausted, stressed-out, and overburdened with too much to get done. I don't know how they do it, actually. In my house, my husband can be relaxing in front of the tv for hours, and my kids will STILL automatically seek me out for any of their needs. Doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of 3 or 4 other tasks all at the same time, frantically trying to get out the door on time to be somewhere...or whatever. Hats off to ALL of us hardworking ladies, and try to take a minute or two for yourself each day (challenging, I know).

Great writing.

 

P.S., so glad your doggie is doing better.

 

Just curious- how long did you and your hubby date before getting married?

Glad to hear your dog is getting better.

Being a SAHM can drive you crazy. I worked full time as a nanny and that was exhausting , and I got to go home at the end of te day to a no kid house, I can't imagine how exhausting 24/7 must be. Not having other adults to interact with is HARD.