Whatever Wednesday - late again :-)

New post below.

Sorry that took longer than I thought. I know the majority of you don't care, but I still really hate being that person who is constantly postponing. Then, I don't set a date and the next thing I know it's been three weeks without a post. Classes aren't too bad for the most part. I'm taking two that really interest me, and even though there can be a lot of work in them, I like doing the work so it's not so bad. But, I'm taking a math class. Oh my. I suck so bad at math it's almost comical. I was watching this weeks video on how to do what we needed to do, and it was like he was speaking in another language. Which, I mean I guess math is it's own language, but it is a language I simply do not grasp. I struggle so much in the class, even with a friend tutoring me - I've always had this problem, it's just like my brain rejects math. I used to scare math teachers because I would get so frustrated I would cry. It's horrible. It's even worse when it's geometry! I had three math assignments due today that I was working on this past week - there weren't too many of them in each, I think one had 24, one had 28, and one had 30 maybe? But it took me hours. Just when I thought I grasped one thing, it was like it totally changed up on me. And each question had 20 steps to get to the solution and if I messed one thing up... Blah. I'm not passing, and I almost want to say screw it, but I know I'll have to take it again and I might as well learn as much as I can this time to hopefully make it a little easier next time. Math and science, I just am not that great at. How about you guys? Any subjects you cringe when you see?

Let's see, as far as everything else... Life has been pretty good. Eli's getting four teeth (finally. 14 months and he only has his two bottoms ones, but now he's getting four uppers in at once) He's always been pretty good with teeth, no real fussiness or anything, which is nice. Cayden is good, he's so funny but such a trouble maker. Jeremy and I finally got to go out by ourselves tonight for a bit - I won tickets to this party a food magazine was throwing. It was pretty good, and free, which is always nice :-)

The only thorn I have in my side currently is that we filed our taxes on the 21st of January, they were accepted the 22nd, and we still haven't gotten our refund yet. We were super confused as to why, and I even blamed Jeremy, sure that he had done something wrong. The Where's My Refund website thing went from saying we'd have then on the 3rd to the 14th, then said they had no record of our return, then said that it would get to us in 6 weeks. I knew there was a glitch in their system which held some of them up if you filed before the 26th, but everyone else I had known had already gotten theres. The IRS says to call them with questions, but the number they direct you to is totally automated and doesn't give you the option to talk to someone, and doesn't really give you any information. Well, after digging around, we finally figured out you have to hit the # key in order to talk to someone. The good news is, we didn't get it back yet because we're getting more money than what was estimated (when does that ever happen? Seriously nice.) But the bad news is, it may take up to another 2 weeks to get it. Whomp whomp. Still, for the extra money, I'll totally wait.

What about you guys? Getting a refund back? If so, what are you planning to do with the money? We're paying off bills (always bills) and then saving some and taking the boys to Sesame Place with some. I've also toyed with the idea of a giveaway on here - other blogs do a giveaway and you guys are so awesome and have stuck by me. I just wouldn't know what people would want or even how to run it. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

I cringe when I have to take chemistry. I was so happy when I got into the nursing program that I didn't have to take chemistry because I really HATE it

 

I hate math too! I can work my butt of in science and make a decent grade, but math I can try as hard as possible and still do horrible! So glad I am done with school!
My daughter, Arya (13 months) has EIGHT teeth! And she grinds them, UGH! When we asked the dentist about the grinding they said "Well, she's got `what 2 or 3 teeth?" They were blown away when we said 8.

 

Oh how I hate math. My son is not really good at it either. It is the dreaded subject. I hope it starts clicking or at least enough to get you through the class.

 

i was very horrible in math.. but in grade 10 i had an absolutely amazing teacher.. and he taught us this.. motto i guess. and it helped a bit

math, is patterns and relationships between patterns. nothing more, nothing less.

all youre looking for is the pattern and the relationship between each. it may help, it may not. but i thought id share in case it does!

 

I am not sure if we are getting refunds this year, we do not have to have t4s until the end of feb & can't even file till feb 14th but because i do not have the t4's i can't figure them out yet. I am hoping to have them tomorrow.

Math is my strong subject but science i am not so good at, i might not have applied myself though. English i struggle with hard core, i just can't comprehend it, which is why my blog is not even close to being well written. I struggled so hard with it in college to get 80 for an "a" so i could have straight a's & the witch gave me a b+ using an old grading scale not the one the college had in it's handbook.

I should have fought that one harder, she would not change it because then she would have to change it for everyone.