Just a question

If you haven't checked in in awhile, there is a new post below, but I had a question, because I know we have a lot of Mom's or Aunts or people who are involved with kids who read.

Cayden's birthday is coming up (in a month and two days - crazy!) and I wondered if anyone has any suggestions on what to get him? I've picked up a few little things, and have a few other things in mind, but those aren't really toys (he has TONS of toys, and I know will only be getting more from his Aunt, Uncle, grandparents, friends, ect. so I'm buying him clothes. Sounds boring, but it's stuff I wouldn't buy normally because it's more expensive then I'd spend, so kind of splurging on 'special' stuff.) Anyway, I do want to get him maybe one or two (littler) toys, and I'm stumped.

He likes cars still, but is mainly moving into super hero stuff. Batman is his favorite. He also is starting to get into video games, but I'm finding it hard to find ones he can do. He also likes blocks (like the mega blocks)

I like things that come with a case, ha ha, for easy clean up and storage.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had seen anything cool as of lately?

5 comments:

If he likes books and video games, I'd strongly recommend the VTech VReader. My daughter still loves hers and she's seven.

 

Does he have a scooter? I bought one for my daughter when she was two, she is now six and still rides it all over the house and sidewalks. My son is two and he loves it! I think it has been great for balance and exercise... toys r us:)

 

I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but the new hot toy is the Leapfrog LeapPad. You can download different kinds of apps to it, so you can pick the ones he would want. I was thinking of getting one for my daughter for Christmas.

 

We're keeping it simple gift-wise for my son's birthday (in less than two weeks). We're getting him the Phineas and Ferb movie and a couple other P&F related things. Though, we are taking him to Sea World and the San Antonio Zoo next weekend.

 

I recently bought my eldest nephew (who's three) these little plastic dinosaur sets from Toys R Us. They have these ones that are four packs and they come in different dinosaurs, or zoo or farm animals. I can't remember the brand for the life of me. My nephew is into imaginative play... he likes making the dinosaurs attack the "city" and defends against it with his "Superheros" (they are actually g.i. joes). And my sister loves them because they are hollow and the plastic isn't very hard. So when Ryan decided to bop his little brother on the head, it didn't actually hurt him.