Ugh - every week it seems I'm messaging you guys about a possible late post. I'm so sorry, stuff just keeps popping up! This time it's not really my fault per say - and it may not even happen - but our computer seems to be dying. It's running SUPER slow lately and doing some weird things and my husband thinks it might kick the bucket soon. He's run several different virus scans, as well as updated the memory and deleted some programs and a bunch of other computer mumbo jumbo that I don't understand, but not a whole lot seems to be working. As of right now, we're still on for a new post Wednesday - but if for some reason the day comes and goes without a post from me, it's probably because something happened with our computer. It's really old and my husband has kept it going for a long time now, it may just be time to lay the poor thing to rest. So if I go MIA, please assume that is the reason - and if I can I'll try to post via my phone so you know for sure.

Also - I saw someone posted asking me to change it so the actual dates show on the posting. I will try that, but I'm not sure if I can or not. It may just be the layout I selected, and I would change the layout but again, my computer is going way to slow for me to play around with that.

Hopefully nothing pops on and the computer will hang on for a few more weeks and by that time maybe we'll have saved enough to get another one. But again, just wanted to give you a heads up in case something does happen :-)

5 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Sorry to hear about your computer issues! I just wanted to point out that if people are unsure of the actual date that a post was made, you can find out easily! All you have to do is hold your mouse over the time, where it says "Posted by Laura at 7:45 PM". The time shows up as a link and if you mouseover, it'll show the date it was posted. This way you don't have to worry about changing the layout! Good luck with everything, can't wait to read the next post :)

 

Thanks for that suggestion, MA! Laura, thanks for always letting us know if you think you're going to be late :) I'm so glad that you're back that I don't mind waiting (despite eagerly awaiting the next part of the story!) Hopefully you & your family are doing well aside from the computer problem!

 

Whoever wrote the first comment - I didn't delete it, so I'm not sure why it disappeared.

Secondly, thank you guys for being understanding. And now I'm thinking it might in fact be a virus - if you look in my post you'll see a couple of the words are linked to things - I didn't do that, and I have no idea where it came from. Maybe the scanners just aren't picking it up? IDK.

But so far, we're good for a post for tomorrow. I'm about to schedule it so it'll just go up - so hopefully unless the computer crashes in the next couple minutes, there SHOULD be a post tomorrow!

 

Haha, the first comment was me...I double posted and deleted one.