Happy Mother's Day to all my Mama's!

Hey guys-

Just checking in (It's OK I'm writing this, right? I mean I have Monday's post all set, so don't scold me for not doing my homework, haha!)

Anyway, hubby and I spent today getting Mother's day stuff done. We had already bought gifts luckily (My Mother in law collects perfume bottles, so we got some on sale after Christmas. My Mom collects Angel stuff, and we also got some figurines after Christmas for her) But we had to get cards, wrapping paper, ect. Plus, since Cayden was born I like to have him "make" something from him. Last year we got these wooden heart plaques and put his hand and footprint on them (we originally tried to do it in plaster... It didn't end well.) This year I was stumped. I didn't want to repeat the same thing again, but I didn't know what else he could really do, being so small. I googled some stuff last minute and found an ADORABLE idea for turning a baby shoe into a planter... And since Cayden has been growing out of shoes in the blink of an eye, we have tons of those. So we used one of his first pairs and planted flowers in them, combined with this poem I wrote (that is cheesy, but it's a mother's day poem, so cut me some slack, alright!):

Little by little
But every day
I’m getting bigger
In every way
Smiling, laughing
Crawling and walking
I’m even doing
A little talking!
I know at times
It’s hard to remember
Just how little I was
That September
So here’s a reminder
On this Mother’s Day
Tiny shoes
I wore yesterday
I planted these flowers
In a shoe I once wore
I’m just too big
To wear them anymore!
So when I am grown
Bigger and taller
You’ll look at this
And remember when I was smaller!

Anyway, I'm SUPER excited to give it to our Mom's. I think it'll be really neat, and I think they'll like them a lot.

Jeremy took Cayden to buy my gift this morning. I kept hounding him to tell me what I got (I love surprises, but if you tell me I'm getting a surprise? I just can't wait for it!) But he kept saying "I have no idea what he got you, I gave him some money and sent him into the store by himself." to which I joked back "Great, that means I'm getting an Elmo" cuz that's Cayden's current obsession (he can seriously spot any Elmo from miles away. It's impressive, and leads me to believe that Elmo sprinkles crack dust on little kids.)

Anyway, I digress.. My whole point of this post is, I wanted to take time to wish all my Mama's who read a very happy Mother's Day. I know I have single Moms who may not have someone to help their child get them a gift, and I know I have Mom's with husbands who are too stupid to show their appreciation... But I want you to know that I know just how hard your job is, and I appreciate what you do... Try, if at all possible, to take a moment for yourself. And all my first time Moms-to-be, please know that Motherhood does NOT begin at birth. From the moment you conceive you give up your body (and at times your life, lol) to protect your child. You're the one who gives them everything they need to grow, so a Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

Mothers Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Happy Mothers Day to you as well, Laura. That poem is not cheesy. Its super sweet and adorable. Enjoy your day with your family and friends. Congrats on the new baby. That's amazing.

 

What a cute post!! I loved your idea for Cayden's gift - how creative! Enjoy your Mother's Day with your family! :)

 

love that poem:)