Just wanted to say...

I know some of you say I complain too much, so I wanted to make it a point to write about when something awesome happens. And today? Was pretty awesome.

Hubby let me sleep in, made breakfast, and my Mom came over, along with my sister and her fiance. We eat, and hubby let me go back to bed, where I got to read!!! I got chocolate covered strawberries from Cayden, and from my hubby he's going to take me to get a gender identification ultrasound at the 3d place (which means we can find out early!)

Then I got out to dinner with my in laws. Now, I'm only telling you this because a few of you expressed that you like to hear my Mother in law is crazy stories... She's been SO good lately, but today? She was just uber bitch. Not really to me, but she was complaining about the service at the place we ate at (Which, was slow. But the place? Was SLAMMED. I mean seriously... They ran out of silverware and cups! We had to wait for some to be washed!) Then I think she got jealous because my Father in law and I ordered the same type of crab... King Crab (which, was DELICIOUS. I hate most seafood except shellfish it seems, and I love me some crab. Obviously, I don't get to eat it a ton, because it's expensive, and now I have to watch how much I eat since I'm pregnant. But so good.) Well she got crab too... But it was Dunegoness (I spelled that wrong) Anyway, we're at her favorite place to eat, we've ordered there 10 million times, she KNOWS the king crab is bigger. But, I think she got mad that ours was bigger than hers. She ate her whole crab and then started complaining about how small it was and how it wasn't very good. She ordered another one... I think she thought because of her complaining that she would get it for free. But when the check came, they charged her for it. Which, she of course was outraged about. But it's like... What do you want? I see if you took a couple of bites and sent it back, getting mad if they charged you, but you ate the WHOLE thing.

It didn't help that the night before? They went out to eat at Eddie Merlots, this really expensive, really NICE steakhouse. My husband went once because his work paid for him to go, but he's always wanted to go together. Anyway, I tasted some of his steak after he brought it home, and it was cold, but seriously? BEST steak I've ever eaten.

My MIL? HATES this place. My husband was shocked (I wasn't) She sent TWO steaks back, and ended up not eating anything. She got dessert for free, as well as my FIL's meal free, and next time she comes in? She gets their most expensive steak, personally made by the owner, free. But she's still saying she won't go back, or if she does she won't eat any steak. It's crazy. I hate going out with them the majority of the time, because not only do they eat super slow, they're pains in the asses when it comes to food and ordering. My MIL has NEVER ordered a steak that she's liked, so I dunno why she keeps doing it. If it's the LEAST bit pink she says it's bloody, and then anything else? Is burnt and overdone. So if you're a waitress/waiter in Ohio, and you see me come in with them, I apologize in advance!

Still, even though MIL was snapping at my FIL the whole time we ate, the meal? Was SO good. Even my hubby said the crab was better than normal. And it was free, which makes it even better :-)

Then hubby and I went and got Jeni's, this gourmet ice cream. If you come to Columbus? Go. It's amazing. I got some cute pictures of a sleepy Cayden eating ice cream:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Basically, even though I felt a little sick today, and a little tired, I'm so glad to be a Mom. It was a fantastic day, and I'm about to go cuddle on the couch with my hubby and eat my strawberries :-)

What about you Momma's? You have a good day? And for those who aren't Momma's yet... How'd you spend it?

4 comments:

Oh, I love crab, too~ so, my husband and kids took me to Red Lobster so I could get shrimp and snow crab legs. So, what better day than mother's day to develop an allergy to shellfish? It was horrible--my eyes swelled up huge. I took massive amounts (well, for me) of benadryl and am almost back to normal. What a bummer! Crab is my absolute favorite food in the world.

 

Glad you had a great day, you needed it. And Maryland Blue crab, the best there is lol.

Babsiegirl, I'm sorry that awful. I'd die if I developed an allergy to shell fish

 

I live in Kansas, but I drove up to Iowa to surprise my Mom and both my grandmas for Mother's Day. My mom was so shocked she ended up on the floor! Also, got them all cards, and got my mom a corsage- three yellow roses (her favorite), representing me and my two sisters, and a small yellow daisy representing my nephew.

 

What a beautiful post! Sounds like you had a very nice (and entertaining) day with the family! The pictures of Cayden are adorable :)