Hey guys-

I think I'm going to take the next week off. I'm really sorry, but this weekend is going to be a lot of running around trying to get last minute finishing touches on things, I'm still sick (this damn cold is clinging to me.) And now Cayden's also sick with my cold. I also have a few homemade presents to finish up (I'm making pillows for the Grandparents out of some of Cayden's old baby clothes. I sew by hand. I had a sewing machine and just kept breaking it, so even though it takes me longer, it's a helluva lot easier for me.)

It would help if I had some written ahead, but I don't, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to get to it this weekend or not. I'm trying to use Cayden's nap time to work on the projects, but he's also sleeping pretty crappy since he's so clogged up.

I am in a much better mood though, if that makes you all feel any better, lol. The people at my Mom's work collected money for her to help her replace the gifts. Again, it's not really about the gifts, but I'm just amazed that so many people would give money to her when they didn't have too, and it makes me feel so much better to know that there are more people out there willing to give and do something... More than the right thing, if that makes sense, than there are people who steal someone's Christmas gifts with little over a week till Christmas.

Anyway, you guys can check back, and I MAY have something posted, I just don't want to make any promises when I really don't know. But I will for sure be back the monday after Christmas (the 28th, I think it is?)

8 comments:

Enjoy a busy week away from us! We'll still be here when you come back.

 

No problem Laura. I hope you and your family have a great holiday!

I will be looking for you to add your paypal info so I can give back for all the great stories you have given to us!

~Mel

 

Merry Christmas Laura. I hope you have a great holiday with your family. Thank you for the wonderful entertainment you have provided us. I will look forward to more after the holidays. Get well, stay safe and take care.

 

I'm glad your mom's work community came together for her, so the kids can still have a good Christmas. Have a great holiday!

 

Merry Christmas to all and I hope eveyone has a very safe and loving time with friends and family. So glad to hear that you family didn't get hurt during the robbery. Homemade gifts are the best!! Hope you feel better soon.

 

That's so great when people get together and give like that. That's what the holidays are all about anyway. So Laura how much snow did you get. In Maryland we got about 20 inches. A lot for us.

 

Take the holidays off. Try to find some time to take it easy and let your body get well. That's an order! (Mom always wanted me to be a doctor - LOL) Hope your whole family has a great Christmas and holiday season.

 

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you and your family enjoy the holiday. I'm sorry about your moms christmas presents. Happy Holidays!