Whatever Wednesday: Bah fucking humbug

I meant to post earlier. Buuuut I didn't. I was in such an agitated mood today, and as the day has worn on, it's gotten progressively worse.

It started off with me waking up and realizing I was sick. Full force cold, it sucks. Then my husband calls, his truck is leaking break fluid and he can't drive it. We're hoping he can fix it himself, but it might cost money, which we don't have. I'm still trying to keep an upbeat attitude about all of this, my husband's bummed and I'm trying not to be.

I'm on the phone with him to get directions to his work to pick him up when I hear a loud crash. His desk randomly collapsed. Luckily he wasn't AT it, so he didn't get hurt. But he had this little Columbus Bluejackets Santa Clause (our local hockey team) and it's broken.

Then we get home, he checks the bank account, and realizes we're overdrawn because the place where we took Santa pictures this weekend charged us twice. Of course, at the hour we realized it, no one's answering the phone, so we can't do anything about it.

My husband then snaps at me because he's frustrated, which then leads me to cry and fall apart because I don't feel good and damnit I'm just trying to keep it together so he keeps it together.

So we're upstairs where he's trying to make me not mad at him when I hear my phone ring. I ignore it. It rings again a few moments later so I figure it must be important, so I rush downstairs to answer it.

It was my sister. My Mom called. Someone walked into her house when she, my brother, my cousin, and my brother's friend were home and stole all the Christmas presents she had sitting in her living room. My brother, cousin, and his friend were downstairs in the basement and my Mom was in her room when her neighbor called to say she saw someone on their porch. My brother goes into the living room and sees that the front door was open, and the screen door was propped open. My Mom had placed ALL my son's Christmas presents in the living room under their mini-tree, my sister had placed everyone's presents under there, except for her fiance's and her fiance's parents, and they're all gone.

I'm trying to be grateful in this situation. I'm grateful that my Mother didn't come out into the living room while she was being robbed, because if this guy/girl was bold enough to walk into someone's home when they were clearly there, there's no telling what else they were bold enough to do.

I'm hoping that who ever took these presents needed them badly for their own children.

But still, I'm angry, hurt, and sad. First of all, my sister's gifts to everyone else, are gone. Meaning my brother won't get anything from her, my husband won't, nor my Mother. I know Christmas ISN'T about giving, but I know how excited my sister was to buy those things, knowing she picked out gifts they all really wanted.

Luckily my son is too young to realize my Mom doesn't have anything for him. But, she knows. She was SO excited about getting him a zhu zhu pet, the seasons hottest toy, and now it's gone. She bought the damn thing seriously like 3 months ago off amazon, paid an insane amount for it, just because she wanted her Grandson to have the best toy, and someone just walked in and took it. It makes me so freaking angry. Again, I know, it's just material things, but I hate the fact that my Mother is hurt. I hate so much that we don't have the money to go out and replace everything. Who does that? It's Christmas for God's sake, do you not have a soul? What's WRONG with you?

It hasn't been a very good week either. I got a phone call Thursday of last week telling me that my old boss had been fired. It was part money issues, partly a new bitchy director who has fucked up priorities. He luckily had a feeling it was coming, and had a new job lined up, but it just makes me so freaking sad. He not only ran the camp that I love so much (the camp Ella works at) but he went to it as a child. He's done EVERY job there is to do there, has been there for 41 years, and they just boot him out.

I'm so angry, I can't even see straight. I feel like I'm living in an upside down world where nothing makes sense.

3 comments:

Did you report the incident to the cops? I know our local paper (its a fairly smallish town) will sometimes run stories about stuff like that, and sometimes people help out. So unfortunate but you are right, you have each other and everyone is safe!

 

Do you have a paypal account? I often read another blog and someone asked if she could post her paypal account so we could leave tips for her.
Considering this is the season for giving, I'm sure many of us would love to give something back to you for writing this amazing story that keeps me coming back every day to see what happens next.

 

Oh, I am so very sorry. It sickens me that people steal at Christmastime. How awful for your family. My heart is just breaking for all of you.