Sorry

I know I said I'd post this weekend, and I really meant too, but then the weekend just kinda got away from us. Friday was SUPPOSED to be my date night with my husband. My in laws called and pretty much demanded we come over that night, because they had bought my son something, and they couldn't lift it out of their trunk. I find it really odd that they went from being totally broke and saying they had to skip Christmas, to buying him something so big they couldn't get it out of their trunk. So we go over there and it turns out to be a freaking train table.

I don't want to sound ungrateful. But I'm just kinda pissed off. For one, they called us Thursday and told us that they would be able to get him something and asked what we wanted for him. Well, we already bought him everything we wanted to get (with the exception of this dinosaur thing, but it's 130 dollars, and I wasn't going to spend that much on him, let alone ask someone else too.) So I went online and spent time finding gifts I thought he'd like that weren't too expensive (they were all 25 dollars or under.) I don't know why they even bothered to ask, because they didn't get him anything on the list. Yet, they spent 130 freaking dollars on this train table. He'll LOVE it when he's older, but right now? He has no idea what it is. And my Mother in law is all "I hope he doesn't throw the trains" and I'm just like... Are you kidding me? He throws EVERYTHING. That's how he sets things down. He's a year old! And then the train table says on the box that it's for ages 3 and up or maybe even four and up, and I know, a lot of toys say that, but it's like, any kid can play with it, but it's just, there are a lot of small pieces and it's just a choking hazard. Then there's the fact that it's huge, and they know we have NO room at our house, so it's staying at theres... And that's dumb, because we're NEVER over there...

Again, I know I sound selfish and ungrateful, being as how I was just on here complaining about how they weren't going to get him anything, but I just feel like, they don't think about what HE would want, what HE would like. He's at my Mom's house at LEAST once a week, if not more, and she still send the majority of his toys and stuff home with us so he can play with it. But it's like, everything my Mother in law gets for him, she wants to keep there. And we've been there MAYBE 10 times since he's been born. That's less than once a month. What's the point? I just feel like she buys these big huge things to give off the appearance that he's there all the time... Like she bought a super expensive highchair that he never uses, she wanted to buy a crib for him, and he'll NEVER spend the night there. It's just SUCH a waste.

Then there's the fact that my Father in law is going to die. And I'm so angry and I want to say something but my husband keeps telling me not too, and that it's his life, and yada yada yada. They're looking at this heart stent surgery like it's a cure all. I mean the artery they're putting the stent in? is 60% blocked. The rest of them are 80-100% blocked. It's not good. And he's still eating hamburgers and cheesy bacon fries and just complete and utter crap. So we go over there to get this stupid train table out of their house and take it inside, and my Father in law (who didn't help move it. I'm not complaining about that, he shouldn't be lifting, but I just wanted you guys to know he didn't do any lifting or really any activity) is standing at the backdoor, just standing there, and you can hear him gasping for breath. And my mother in law? Suggest we go out to dinner at CiCi's.

So we go out to dinner. And my in laws know people EVERYWHERE, they make friends with restaurant managers and waitresses and stuff (it's probably how they don't end up getting spit in their food. Seriously? Worst people ever to eat out with. They are SO fucking picky.) Anyway, so the manager comes over to talk. My mother in law introduces Jeremy and I, and then says "Cayden, our grandson, is at the baby-sitters."

It's so stupid, but it pissed me off. She KNEW he was with my Mom. Why the hell did she call my Mom the babysitter? Why not "Cayden's with his other Grandma"?

Ugh. So we had to deal with that Friday night, Saturday we ran errands all day long (got a zhu zhu pet. We stood in line at toys r us to get one for friends, now they don't want them and I don't want them. I keep going back and forth between whether or not I want to keep it. Cayden really liked it in the store, but we didn't take it out of the box. However, my Mom already got him one, so is there a point to keeping two? I should just ebay the bad boy.) And today we had to go back to the inlaws to put together the stupid train table.

So, long story short, I just plain forgot about updating this weekend. But, tomorrow, I'll lead off with a flashback post to make it up to you guys, OK?

5 comments:

Totally understand. I don't hold it against you, and I don't think any of us will.
Still praying for your FIL and your family!

 

I can understand where you're coming from about your FIL. I do hope he gets better.

My boyfriend's father is an alcoholic and he was just in the hospital for a week and they found out he has stage 2 liver disease. He told everyone he's stopped drinking, but refuses to go to AA or get any help. Last year he was in the hospital for the same reason and he was only sober for 3 weeks. We're on week 4 now and I hope it sticks, but it is completely frustrating that he won't get help.

It's hard to see someone you care about harm themselves when there's such an easy solution to the problem.

Stay stong and lots of love sent your way!

 

Laura, Maybe Jeremy can "rat" out your FIL to his doctor. He maybe telling his doctor he is eating healthy. If the doc knows what is really going on he can stress to him just how important it is to eat right. Otherwise I don't think there is anything you can do. It's unfortunate, especially because he can so easily improve his health by doing the right things. But I guess he'd rather have greasy, cheeseburgers, and bacon cheese fries (god that sounds good lol. I can't eat that kind of thing though my digestion system can't handle it.) And the inappropriate presents, you'll just have to take with a grain of salt. I don't think that will change anytime soon.

 

Jana- Thanks

Anon- I'm sorry about the alcoholism. That's REALLY hard. It runs in my family and it's just SO frustrating because you don't understand why they just won't quit. I hope it sticks this time for you guys as well.

Laura- His doctors have told him, point blank, if you keep eating the way you do, you are going to die. They told him he needs to be on a low fat, high fiber diet. They told him he needs to watch his portions. He's just not doing it. I mean, I'm sure Jeremy will mention it Thursday to his doctor, maybe if they write out a diet, they'll take it like a prescription, I don't know. When Mary Anne suggested Cici's for dinner (it's a pizza buffet for those of you who don't know) she was like "we can pig out just this once" but it's been non stop pigging out. And it's not like he went to Cici's and had the salad bar, he ate at least half of a large extra pepperoni extra cheese pizza. And then whatever else he had from the buffet. It's just like, if you don't care, why should I care? And it kills me because I see him with Cayden and I know everything that he's going to miss out on, and it just breaks my heart.