Untitled

As soon as Kellie entered the house, she went to Matt’s room, where she had been staying. Matt had given her his bed and had bunked on the couch. She shut the door.

“What’s going on?” Drew asked, raising an eyebrow, looking confused.

“Kellie and Matt were dating.” I said, keeping my voice hushed, not wanting Kellie to overhear me talking about her and Matt’s problems. “They broke up not too long ago. I’m pretty sure Kellie came here to kind of win him back.”

“Then who was that?” Drew said, motioning outside.

“I’m not sure. I mean her name is Amber, that much I know, she was over here a few nights ago, but that’s the first I’ve seen or heard of her. I don’t know what Matt’s doing with her. Poor Kellie.”

“I don’t see why it’s poor Kellie. They broke up.” He shrugged. “He can date whoever he wants.”

“They were together for like, four years or something, Drew. And he’s with some other girl not even a week after they split? You have to admit, that’s gotta sting a little.”

Drew shrugged, then nodded. “Yeah, I guess that is a little cold hearted.” He paused. “They’re coming in.”

I sighed in disgust, and left the room, knocking lightly on Matt’s door.

“Come in.” Kellie called softly.

I managed to close the door just as I heard the front door open.

Kellie was sitting on the bed, her back towards me, holding something in her hands. When I walked around the bed to sit next to her, I noticed it was a picture frame, holding a picture of a younger looking Matt and Kellie.

“I was hoping he’d remember this.” She said, touching the picture lightly with her finger tips.

“What?” I asked, looking at the picture.

“Happy. I was hoping I’d come here and he’d remember when we were happy.” She sighed, and set the frame back in her bag, and zipped it up.

“You’re not leaving, are you? I thought Matt said you were going to stay until at least tomorrow?” I was confused.

“When Matt and I first started having issues, I blamed you.” She said, smiling a half smile at me. “It’s not easy when your boyfriend lives so far away, and it’s even harder to find out that he’s living with a pretty girl, who was single at the time, who also shared a ton of the same interests as him. I trust Matt. We’ve been together so long, and he’s never given me a reason not too… Jealousy has never been an issue for us before but… You should have heard the way he talked about you. He thinks you’re… Amazing.”

I blushed when she said this, looking down quickly and hoping she wouldn’t notice. I remember the spark I felt that first day I met Matt. Had it all been in my head?

She shook her head slightly. “It’s not your fault. I mean, I’m sure you already know that but… Now I know it too. My Mom warned me, about coming here. She said the whole clichéd, let love go and if it’s meant to be, it’ll come back. Matt’s just been a part of me, a part of my life for so long that… I don’t think I know how to be without him. But, maybe that’s our problem. We just know each other too well. He’s with that other girl because he wants to explore other options. Maybe in the end, he’ll find that she’s not the one for him and he’ll come back to me. Maybe I’ll still be around. Maybe not. However, if he’s already moved on, then I should at least give it a shot.”

Her little speech reminded me of me and Jason, and how she was handling her whole break up with Matt a hell of a lot better than I handled the Jason situation.

“You think you can do that? Just pick up and move on?”

“What’s the other option Ella? Sit here and wait and hope? I’m not the patient kind. I came because I had to see if Matt was really over me. I did think that once he saw me, the old feelings would come back, and he’d remember and tell me he was sorry. But, that didn’t happen.”

“Are you sad?” I asked.

“Of course I am.” She said, smiling at me. “I love Matt. But, I also believe that everything happens for a reason, and so he must not be the one for me. Or maybe he is, and it’s just not the right time.” She shrugged. “Only time will tell.”

“Can I just say, wow. You’re the amazing one, Kellie. Really. I mean, here I am, livid at Matt, and he didn’t even do anything to me. And you’re just very calm about it. I mean are you angry at all?”

She was quiet for a second, thinking the question over. “A little. I mean it is kind of bull that he has that girl here. Whether or not he knew she was coming, he still should have told her to leave. The Matt I know though isn’t like that. Of course, the Matt I know has always been dating me, so I’ve never really seen him in the dating game.” She shrugged.

“You don’t have to leave, you know. You could stay. We could hang out.”

“Thanks for the offer, but I’d like to go home. My family is still in town for the weekend, and I mean you’ll have Drew… But it’d be cool if we could stay friends?” She asked, looking at me.

“Facebook me?” I asked, laughing.

“Sure thing.” She smiled, picking up her bag.

To Matt’s credit, when he saw Kellie was leaving, he did get off the couch and walk her out to the car. I spied on them from the window, and they stood outside her car talking for a moment. I think he was trying to talk her into staying, but she just kept shaking her head no. Then she hugged him, got in the car, and left. He stood in the driveway for a moment, and then turned around. Unfortunately, I’m a horrible spy and he caught me looking.

Even worse, I had left Drew alone in the living room to entertain Amber and her cousin Nicole. I was not happy when I entered the room and saw Nicole sitting way too close to Drew, practically purring in his lap. Drew looked really uncomfortable, and for a moment, instead of being angry, I had to laugh. Poor Drew had never really had a girl throw herself at him before, and he most certainly had never had a girlfriend while she did it. He was too nice to be mean, and also too nice to sit there and flirt back.

“Hey hon, what do you want to do tonight?” I asked, walking over to Drew. When I realized Nicole was not about to move from next to him, I just plopped down on his lap. My back was towards her, so I’m not sure how she reacted to this, but I felt her tense up and pull back a little.

“Ella, can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?” Matt asked, standing in the doorway.

“Nope.” I said, not bothering to look at him.

“Please?” His voice was strained. I could tell he was annoyed, and that gave me a little bit of satisfaction.

“Ella.” Drew said quietly. “Go talk to him, please? So it’s not totally awkward when we all shop in the morning?”

“Oooh shopping on black Friday?” Nicole squealed. “I’ve never been! Have you?”

I didn’t want to leave Drew alone with her again, not because I didn’t trust him, but because she obviously made him so uncomfortable. But he pushed me slightly and I knew h e meant business. I sighed, pouting, and followed Matt into the kitchen.

“What the hell did you say to her?” Matt asked, once we were safely alone in the kitchen.

“I didn’t say anything Matt. I pretty much just listened.” I said, crossing my arms across my chest and leaning against the counter.

“Then why did she leave like that?”

I snorted. “Seriously? You’re going to ask me that question? Like it’s my fault? I mean why do you even care anyway?

“I care about Kellie. Don’t imply that I don’t.”

“I don’t HAVE to imply. You’re actions just said it all Matt. You broke up with her, than mere days later hook up with the first girl that you find. Whatever, you were broken up so technically you weren’t doing anything wrong, even though I personally think it’s a little shady. But to bring her here when you KNOW Kellie’s here? After I freaking WARNED you that Kellie was trying to win you back? You’re a freaking idiot.”

“I didn’t ask her over. She just came.” Matt said, a weak excuse.

“You also didn’t tell her to leave, did you?”

“That would have been rude.”

“It was rude to have her stay!” I exclaimed. “It was rude for her to come over uninvited. So rather than be rude to her back, you were rude to Kellie, who was supposed to be your guest. And then you come in here, accuse me of doing something I didn’t do, and were rude to me. But you know what? I’m done with being rude, and right now you and I are both being rude to the people in the living room. I’m done with this conversation, and I don’t give a damn if you think by saying all that that I’m being rude to you.” I said, walking out of the kitchen and back to the living room.

5 comments:

Matt is becoming more and more douchey by the minute!! I still want to know what was in the freaking letter....

 

good post, thank you for posting when you feel like crap.

also, im so sorry about what happened to your mom. that's so shitty. like you said, i know its not 100% about the actual gifts, but that someone would DO that. after she & your sis & bro put in so much time and thought into their gifts for people. i know how hard i worked to get my bf his hannakuh gifts this year and if they had just be stolen, i would have cried my silly little eyes out.

im just glad your family is safe & no one got hurt while those people stole.

and thank you for posting! and honestly, dont worry about posting tomorrow. i was just sick like 2 weeks ago for like a week and i could barely get out of bed/off the couch to get myself food, i cant imagine how you do it with a 1 yr old. take care of yourself first!! (well and the baby haha)

 

I love how Ella told Matt off!! Nothing nasty just telling him like it is. I'd be showing Nicole the damn door if I walked back in and she was all over Drew again. I mean I can understand if she thought he was single, but when Ella came in and sat on his lap, ok obviously taken move away...

 

Man I feel bad for Kellie! She was such a sweet girl and after all the years she and Matt were together she didn't deserve this at all. And she took that whole situation a whole lot better than I would have.

Matt seriously needs a reality check! He was incredibly rude and cruel to Kellie and then had the audacity to blame Ella. He was more concerned over Amber's feelings, who he has known for one hot minute, than someone who has been with him for years. I am glad Ella gave him a piece of her mind.

And I am with you Laura B. I'd be showing Nicole the door.

 

Poor Kellie!Oh..and poor Drew! Haha.