Drew's POV:

I nearly bolted when I saw her walk down the stairs with him. I hadn’t really seen her since our last argument. Sure, she had been at the house from time to time, but it was a big house, and whenever one of us would enter the room, the other would leave it. Even though I wanted to leave, I had no reason too… And she was blocking my path anyway. To get out, I would have to go through her.

I wasn’t planning on talking to her. I figured I could sit quietly and nobody would notice really. But then I saw how she and Seth were acting around each other… I saw how she looked at him. I had seen that look before, Ella used to look at Jason like that… And, I remembered sadly, she used to look at me like that too. For the most part I viewed Ella with contempt, someone who made my life more stressful and painful than it needed to be, but still relatively easy to ignore. But now… Now I was angry. How could she move on like that? Why did she hold on to Jason for so long, and then just throw me away like I was trash?

The answer became clear to me: because Jason was a dick to her. Everyone knew that nice guys finished last, and here I was, living proof of that. It made me want to be confrontational with Ella, it made me want to hurt her. Maybe that would finally make her love me back, but even if it didn’t… Well, it would feel good to get even.

I realized how stupid that sounded, and shook my head to get those thoughts out. Lately I was so quick to get angry, and I had to work really hard to keep my anger in check. I did tell Ella to move on. And I was with Christi, so obviously it looked like I had moved on too. This shit with my Mom was really getting to me. I wouldn’t let myself really go off on her like I wanted too, to tell her exactly what I thought of this whole marriage thing, but that left all this unresolved anger. Then I ended up feeling guilty for being angry at my Mom. She just wanted to be happy, why was that such a bad thing? But then I got angry again… Who was she, making me feel sorry for her? She could have been happy with me. She didn’t want to fight for me.

It sounded a lot like the way I felt about Ella… Sure, I told her to move on, but she didn’t try to stop me. She could have been happy with me…

I never really knew anymore if it was my Mom I was angry at, or Ella, or a little bit of both. I couldn’t be sure that I wasn’t transferring feelings from one to the other. I was so confused, so fucked up… And the only one I wanted to talk too was Ella.

I heard the group talking about a week away at the place Drew and Ella just came back from, and I watched Ella grow uncomfortable at the thought of spending a week with me. This caused my thoughts to cloud and the anger to move back in again. Why was it so horrible to be in the same house with me? We used to be best friends, and now she couldn’t even stand to look at me? What was up with that?

So even though I didn’t really want to spend a week with her either, I busted every excuse she had. I could tell by the way she looked at me that she was angry, and I got a strange feeling of satisfaction. She had no excuses. We would be forced to spend time together.

They started making plans for when and for how long, and the guilt sunk in all over again. It was a cycle, it just went round and round and never ended. Guilt, anger, regret, guilt, anger, regret. I really wanted to stop, but I had no idea how.

Christi and I left shortly after, and went back to her place. I was clearly distracted, but Christi was so busy going on and on about how excited she was to spend the week away with me, she didn’t notice.

The thing about Christi is when we were alone, I really believed I could easily fall in love with her. She had a lot of the same values that Ella did, but she was also her own person. She was more independent than Ella, she needed more space than Ella did, and she was way more aggressive than I had ever seen Ella be. She was actually the one to kiss me outside of the club that night, and she pretty quickly initiated sex as well.

Though, honestly, sex with Christi was mind blowing, and always made me forget about anything but Christi. She had a smoking hot body, and she was not afraid to tell you what she wanted, which usually bordered on the kinky side. She liked it fast, hard, and rough. Hair pulling, spanking, and a little name calling. Ella had been my first, but Christi was a great teacher, and honestly, she blew that one time with Ella out of the water. I always found after sex with Christi, my anger dissipated a little. So it never failed that when I was feeling angry, I tried to get into Christi’s pants.

She usually let me. Today was no exception, and as she blabbed on and on about the weekend away, I walked up behind her, grabbing her hips and pulling her to me. I knew she could feel me against her back, but she ignored it, and didn’t stop talking. I went for the back of her neck, which I knew was her spot, kissing it so it was moist, and then blowing on it. I felt her shiver, and even though she didn’t stop talking, she did start grinding her butt against me.

“You’re so fucking hot.” I said, low in her ear. I knew this was another spot of hers, and as I talked, I kissed and nibbled on the outside. “Look what you do to me…” I pressed my dick against her.

“Well..” She said, breathless as I ran my hands up the front of her body. “I guess we’ll just have to take care of that…”

I needed that. I needed to be wrapped up in Christi and not to be thinking of anyone or anything else. Nick’s words from earlier in the weekend disappeared, Ella’s face when she looked at Seth no longer existed. I didn’t think about my Mom or what her upcoming wedding meant, it was all about Christi, her body, her moans, the feelings she made run through my body. I worked hard at returning the favor, and the louder her moans got, the harder I got, the closer to release I got.

I was back to the place where I could very easily see myself falling in love with her. I liked that place.

After we were finished, I was all ready to cuddle down for a little bit. But Christi was already up, pulling on clothes.

“Hey, let me ask you something…” I said, tucking my arms behind my head and making no move to get up. I liked laying in the afterglow… I always felt the most calm and at peace after.

“Yes?” Christi said, pulling on her bra and walking to her vanity. She studied herself in the mirror, pulling her curly hair back into a pony tail.

“Do you like me?”

She looked over her shoulder, laughing. “You think I do that kind of stuff with guys I don’t like?”

“Well, I don’t know you that well…” I said, smirking. She shot me a playfully dirty look. “I just meant that… Well, I mean, like now. We’re done. Most girls want to cuddle, and you’re up and getting ready for the next thing. If it’s independence, I’m fine with it. But I don’t want to fall for you if you’re not feeling it too.”

Christi set down her brush and came back and sat beside me on the bed.

“My parents divorced when I was young… I watched my Mom fall apart. So. I guess I’m you’re clichéd ‘don’t depend on a guy because my daddy disappointed me’ type of girl. But I like you. Trust me, I do.” She laid back down, resting her head on my shoulder.

“My parents are divorcing.” I said, quietly.

“Really?” She asked, glancing over at me. “I don’t know what’s harder… Having your parents be married for so long only to call it quits, or having to go through it when you’re little…”

I shrugged. “I think it’s one of those things where one isn’t harder than the other, they’re just… Different. I mean my parent’s split was pretty calm. It’s not like they argued a lot or fought a lot, and I haven’t been put in the middle…”

“Still doesn’t make it any easier. It’s like your foundations being shaken. Your whole life things are one way, and then all of a sudden… Everything has changed. Did they give you a reason why they’re splitting?” She asked.

I shrugged, not sure I wanted to get into it with her. But, then I remembered how I felt a few moments ago. Maybe the reason I hadn’t felt exactly the same with Christi as I did with Ella was because Christi didn’t know me like Ella.

So I dived into the story, talking about the car crash and how my Mother reacted after the twins died. I lead up to the whole random wake up call where she decided that to be happy she had to leave us behind, and the wedding, and all that jazz. The more I unloaded on Christi, the lighter I felt, the clearer my head became.

“Oh Drew, I’m so sorry. You should have told me.” Christi said, rolling over to hug me.

“To be honest I just don’t like to talk about it. I don’t want to deal with it. And then there’s this stuff going on with Ella…”

“What’s going on with you and Ella?” Christi asked, looking surprised. I, in turn, was surprised by her surprise. She hadn’t noticed the extreme tension between us? But then again, we rarely saw each other anymore.

“She and I are just fighting.” I said with a shrug.

“About what?”

I didn’t know what to tell her. To be honest, I didn’t really know what we were fighting about.

“I dunno. She just thinks I’m being a dick lately.”

“Are you being a dick?” Christi prodded.

I shrugged again. “I don’t know. I didn’t think so, but honestly with all this crap with my Mom… Well I’ve just been so pissed off about it. I might have taken it out on her.”

“Do you think… I dunno. That maybe she’s jealous? Of me? I mean you two were best friends, and I know that when Seth first started dating… It was hard on me. You did say she was your first real relationship.”

“I don’t think she’s jealous. I mean she looks really happy with Seth.” I didn’t look at Christi. Didn’t want her to look into my eyes and see that I was the one who was jealous.

“She does look happy, doesn’t she?” Christi said, laying her head back down on my chest. “You know, I used to hate all the girls Seth brought home. But she’s good for him, I can tell. And she handles his weird family situation well. Seth looks happy too. I bet they’ll be engaged before the year is over.”

“Really?” I asked, trying to sound nonchalant. “What makes you say that?”

Christi shrugged. “I know how badly Seth wants to get married, which I know is rare in a guy. He wouldn’t do it just to do it, but… If he meets the right girl, it’s not going to take him long.”

I sat there, holding her, trying to come to grips with this. Would Ella say yes? Would he really ask.

“Besides, I know he really wants Chloe to be there. And to be honest with you, I don’t know if she’s going to hold on much longer. I hope so, but…” She trailed off, quiet.

19 comments:

Oh, good Lord. Drew is an utter mess. He's totally confusing his anger with his mom and his frustration with Ella, and Christi is going to get hurt, there's no two ways about it. I agree Seth seems great, but I'm still hoping Ella & Drew work it out. mum

 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

kind of feel bad for Drew. Its sort of sad when you can't be with the one you love. I do get why he is angry at Ella. I'm sort of angry myself too. I don't think she learned anything from her and Jason. One of her regrets was that she really didn't fight for him, she just let whatever happened happen. I think she is doing the exact same thing with Drew. She needs to step up and fight for him.
I would go through fire and fight for any man that saves himself for me. As much as I like Seth she is settling. Even though Drew may have acted like a jerk deep down he really does love her. I just wish Ella didn't move on so quickly. I mean when Toni said go with the flow don't think she meant get another boyfriend so soon after. She started to bring him around too soon to. Prsonally I wouldn't have done that because Drew is still in love with her. They really need to talk get there feelings out but I think the ball is in her court. I do believe when he made that proposal deep down he really wanted her to step up and say no. They both need to grow a pair and talk.

April 2, 2010 6:39 AM

 

I think Drew is pretty sad; sad and confused and scared. I think he is scared of everthing that is going on in his life and that he seems to have no control over any of it. He clearly doesn't really know or understand what he wants from Ella or Christi and the situation with his mom is just adding more issues. I like Drew, but he needs to get straight with himself before he tries to carry on any relationship.

 

I still believe that Ella and Drew have a chance. Seth seems like a great guy but like Toni said he's just not Drew. Ella needs to remember that Drew has loved her through all her good and bad and still hasn't stopped.

 

oh Drew just confront her and MAKE the effort to solve it.

 

While I agree Ella did move on to a new boyfriend pretty quickly, I don't think she didn't try to fight for Drew. She tried talking to him on several occasions and he reciprocated by being a dick every single time. I for one will not take that kind of punishment from any guy, no matter how much I loved him. He made no effort to make her understand he was still in love with her so why would she wait like the dog you like to kick?
Seth seems nice and he's at least doing the right things. Despite his family situationhe's keeping her in the loop, not taking out his frustrations on her and making time for them both.
But I don't think she should get married right away, and I'm a big believer in taking time between relationships to clear the baggage deck. Ella really hasn't done that, which is why Drew is still getting to her.
D

 

I agree that Ella did try to fight for him. Yes, she probably did mess up by not telling him about sleeping with Jason but that happened BEFORE they were dating. Drew stopped fighting for her the second he heard about that ignoring her and then telling her to move on.

Why should Ella have continued to try and convince Drew to give her a chance when he had already told her to leave after denying her the chances earlier on trying to make right.

Drew is simply acting like a kid with a toy. He doesn't really want Ella (as depicted by ignoring her and chasing her away) but he doesn't want anyone else to be able to play with her either. That action really makes him more of a dick then Jason right now (of course he's acting the same exact way Jason did as well). I'm really done with Drew's bullshit and if I was Ella I would flat out tell him that if he continues to act like he is, the friendship will not be coming back.

Sure Seth isn't Drew, but from how Drew is acting, I'm glad he isn't. Going back a few posts, Nick needs to tell his wife to stop being a bitch, Ella getting back with Drew will just screw her life over more.

 

Amanda, I think Drew *does* want Ella, but like Christy, he's just afraid of getting hurt by her again, esp given what he's feeling with his mom's wedding. Yes he's being childish, but so is Ella - she's ALWAYS been childish, throwing temper tantrums right and left, that scene a week or two ago when she got all dressed up to give back Drew's stuff, etc.

Hopefully this wedding talk will scare him into fighting for Ella!

 

Man I feel bad for Drew. yes he has been a dick but he can't express his anger at who he is truely mad at and has been taking it out on Ella. And I think a part of him thinks that Ella will probably abandon him like his mother did.

And Ella didn't help matters by jumping into a relationship with Seth so quickly. Drew thought Jason was in the past and then he finds out that Jason wasn't so in the past as he thought. He wanted time and he wanted her to date other people but he didn't expect her to fall for the guy. That her love for him would make it impossible.

And since it looks like she has moved on he is settling for Christi. I love Drew and I think he is the person for Ella, he just needs to confront his mother and let go of the anger and resentment. Get his head on straight so that he and Ella can work it out.

 

What a great post. Drew needs to go to Therapy, he has so many issues that need to be worked out. I think Christi is good for him, I'm glad he found her. I think I understand more of why he pushed Ella away too. He felt like he was second choice. And even though he told Ella to move on, he wanted her to wait for him like she waited for jason, like he waited for her. I just hope they can work out their friendship.

 

YAY! I was SO happy to see the post today I had just assumed cause it was a holiday there wouldn't be one thanks Laura!
Kat

 

its frustrating to read all of the comments that people are making excuses for drew.

ella has been immature in the past...but drew just STOPPED the relationship. he couldnt get over something that she did with jason (she has ALWAYS made poor choices when it comes to him, drew knows this) before they were even together.

it seems to me...like drew went from being completely in love with ella, to being a completely different person. sure he has things going on in his life, who doest. but suddenly he can see himself falling in love with christi..shes the best sex..it makes him forget about ella...blah blah blah. it seems completely random that he just moved on and became some "man-whore".

ella didnt jump into a relationship with seth. she is trying to be mature and grown up, and she put the effort forth with drew. i always loved drew and felt bad for him when ella did wrong by him..but hes a different character in this story now and i could take him or leave him.


-cam

 

I hear what you're saying, Cam, but for all the times Jason screwed up, and screwed up ROYAL, she was willing to take him back. Now Ella and Drew have hit this major speedbump and she's ready to walk away. It may seem immature, but Drew has always been the fallback guy. I just feel like Drew has been there for her time and time again to pick up the pieces and now when he really needs her, when he's having a little fit, she just moves on.
It does really bug me how he waited for Ella to be his first and is now all over Christi, but I get that he's trying to feel something that he can only feel with Ella.
This is fiction, right?? I can't believe how passionate we are getting about these characters. Must say something about the writer! mum

 

Drew waited a LONG time for Ella. And while he waited he watched Jason mess up time and time again with Ella forgiving him each time. And when he thinks Jason is finally in the past he finds out that Jason is still an issue since they had been together not too long before her and Drew got together. With what happened with his mother I can understand why he would feel like Ella's second choice.

And he may have said he wanted her to date other people but what he really wanted was for her to wait for him like he did for her. And she started going out with Seth pretty quickly considering how much she said she loved Drew. So once again he is going to doubt Ella.

And of course he can see himself falling for Christi. She reminds him of Ella and it's the closest he can come to being with Ella without actually being with her.

 

Maybe Ella just learned her lesson - she spent years pining over a guy who wouldn't let himself be with her, and she doesn't want to do it again.

 

i might have been feeling especially bitchy when i made my comment. i was just so die hard drew and ella (mum just like you!!!) and im so disappointed in the person he has been lately!!!!!

they seem so perfect for eachother! and drew definitely waited a long time for ella, and all things considered...he was pretty quick to let it all go. i feel like part of the reason it was so hard for ella to deal with drew being like jason...is because he was supposed to be all of these things that jason wasnt. i think she loved him because of that, and so when he reverted into the ass that jason was...she pulled herself away from him.

i feel like she accepted seth for who he was so easily because she didnt want to acknowledge how much pain drew was actually causing her.

i really hope that drew can figure out his issues, grow up, and he and ella can be a happily ever after!!!

-cam

 

i agree with the comment 2 above- she wasted so much time waiting for Jason, she has a life to live! can't waste it waiting any more. I'm all for Seth.

 

Seriously I don't blame Drew about Ella's lingering feelings for Jason because Ella still has stated repeatedly that a part of her will always love Jason. And on top of that Ella gets conflicting feelings whenever Jason is around.

I still think Ella and Drew will find their way back to eachother eventually. It's just going to take a lot of work to get there.