It's been a horrible no good very bad day.

Thank you guys, so very much, for being so understanding. I know you all say not to worry, family comes first, and I know that, but I seriously love this blog. I know it may sound corny but I consider some of you friends, and some of you good friends. I know while you may understand why I can't post, I know some of you are disappointed, which I don't like to do. I also love hearing your feedback, and when I don't post, I don't get that.

With that being said, there's no post tomorrow. As I said earlier, my FIL is back in the hospital. He was doing his cardiac rehab exercise and they detected a irregular heartbeat. They admitted him to the hospital, and last we heard, they thought maybe one of his stents had slipped. They may want to go in and do a heart cath again, but we don't know yet. We're still waiting to hear back from his doctor.

Then, on top of that, we're applying for medicaid to get insurance for Cayden, the baby, and I. Medicaid wants a doctor or nurse confirmed positive pregnancy and estimated due date. The issue with that is we don't have insurance. They gave us the number to the free clinic, but it kept ringing up busy. So we called planned parenthood and paid the 16 dollars to have a pregnancy test done.

Imagine my shock when they told me my test was negative. I've taken 3 pregnancy test (four if you count the one I took a few days before my period was due and got the super faint positive.) All of them were positive. TWO of them were digital tests, so I couldn't mis-read the results. When I told her this, she got a little rude. "Well the test *I* did was negative, so you may experience some bleeding. If that's the case, go to the ER." No reassurance, no saying that maybe I was just super early. So of course, I FREAK out. I held it together till we got outside but I was sobbing, convinced I was going to have a miscarriage.

My hubby, the "you're addicted to pregnancy test and I'm cutting off your supply" man insisted we go get more pregnancy tests and take them on our own.

Now I've heard places like planned parenthood use cheap dollar store tests. I know for a LOT of people, these work well, but for me? I've never gotten a positive test on them.

I took one dollar store test, one equate test. Both came back positive. The dollar store test is faint, but it is a positive.

So now I'm just kinda pissed. Either planned parenthood read my test wrong or switched my results (there was a girl who knocked on the door when I was taking my test, and I'm pretty sure she got a positive.) I know the latter isn't likely, but why else would I come home and get two positives?

We checked our insurance coverage, and we thought that since Jeremy got fired in March, his coverage would end in March. Well, it says still active, so we're going to call my OBGYN tomorrow and try to get in ASAP to see wtf is going on.

So, prayers please.

8 comments:

ya, my sister when she didn't have insurance went there for her gyno visits, and pretty much none of the experiences she had with them were positive. When she found out she was pregnant with my niece last july, they wouldn't allow her now husband (then fiancé)back with her for the test. that plus with the annual exam they were rude and not very gentle during the exams.

 

If you have a pregnancy crisis center in your town, they will usually do pregnancy tests for free or very cheaply that will satisfy Medicaid.

 

Sorry to hear about the bad treatment. Good news though that u are still covered under the hubby at least for a bit...if all else fails can't u get medicaid for you and Cayden and then just add the baby when you get the positive test?

 

I'm so sorry you are going through this! Can you request a blood test from your OBGYN? That should be definitive, rather than a cheap pee test like PP seems to use...
Hang in there and vent anytime you need to!

 

Omg if that's not enough to drive you crazy!! Your OB may do a blood test, much more accurate than the urine, and it is prob because it's early. And now to go to how these clinics and social services and such treat people. They treat people like they are just welfare trash. Well excuse me but not everyone abuses the system, some people just need a hand up and medicaid is such a help if you can get it. I have my kids on the school age child insurance or whatever, really kind of the same as medicaid but easier to get. I've had some bad periods where I went for assitance the most i got was $70/month Food Stamps, ah gee thanks that went far lol. But right after I had my daughter I went to apply for assisance, my hubby wasn't working and I was working part time, somthing like that. I got the paperwork and asked a simple question, got a smart assed "I already told you that" remark. I went back and sat down, thought about it, took the paper and slammed it on the desk and walked out. Sometimes pride can be a bad thing...

 

Hey Laura - I just want to give you a head's up about insurance. If your husband's employer hasn't told them to cancel the policy yet, you may show active, but then they can retro term the policy if the group tells them too.

May I suggest you call your husband's previous employer and find out when they will ask to have your policy cancelled? I say this only because I don't want you to have a huge bill when you think you might be covered under insurance, but find out you didn't really have it.

Good luck with the pregnancy test and figuring everything out.

As always - LOVE THE STORY!!

CJ

 

Uhhh....sounds like SUCH a hassle. I have zero experience dealing with insurance and such, but I hope everything works out for you guys!! Good luck!

 

that is why i love canada, we would never EVER have to worry about that, unless they try to make us like the US. i live in one of the cheapest provinces too. for a 3 bedroom duplex with a yard and garage we only pay 582$ a month.

seriously when times are hard, i do not understand how we do not get more people coming up from the states. good luck.