Let's talk baby talk

OK, my Father in law had a heart cath last night and they placed another stent. Tomorrow he's going back into surgery for a pacemaker. Praying everything goes OK, but also as previously stated, just fed up with the whole situation.

My husband has a job interview tomorrow, so PLEASE, pray, keep your fingers crossed, chant, do whatever you do to hope that he gets it. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

I've decided to just take the rest of the week off and I hope to have things up and running again by Monday. I don't know how this pregnancy is going to effect me... Right now it's totally different from my sons (it's hitting me a lot harder and a lot earlier than his ever did.) But I also do not want to close down the blog. I know you guys have said it, and I've said it too, family & health come first, but I do love this blog. It may just be touch and go for a little bit until we get into the groove of things.

There will be a HUGE break when the baby is born, obviously. With a c-section I'll be in the hospital for 5 days, and then getting home and recovering and having a newborn and a toddler... It'll be interesting enough, so I'm not even going to think about the blog (I'm assuming I make it that far in the pregnancy. I have no reason not to think so, but I'm always REALLY nervous in the beginning)

I'm toying around with a few ideas... Maybe get a stand in blogger for that period of time and have them take the story from someone else's point of view? I don't know. We shall see.

As for other things... I went to Pregnancy Decision Health Care today, and I got my confirmed positive pregnancy. They told me as well that they could do a training ultrasound for me within the next week and a half (they want me to be around 7 weeks) I always feel so much better after I see the Little Sprout... So. Tomorrow we go in to apply for Medicaid, and I'm hoping to be able to keep the OB appointment I made for the 19th, but I may have to push it back. We'll see.

So. Expect an update monday :-)

7 comments:

5 days?! holy frig, they didn't keep me that long after my c-section and I had a high temperature and was on all kinds of antibiotics!!

they sent me home two days later....

good luck with everything though, hope it all works out, and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

 

I'll keep you all in my thoughts! Don't worry so much about the blog! Take it one step at a time -- no need to make plans now...take care of yourself!

 

Wow....5 days...you are lucky. With my first child, I had a c-section and was released from the hospital 36 hours later. I had him at 10:22pm on Saturday, so that counted as day 1 with my insurance. When my daughter was born, I was home on the 2nd day, and my husband worked out of town. It was me, newborn, toddler and that was it. Good Luck with everything Laura! I know how difficult it can be! Prayers are with you!

 

How did you guys get cut? I was cut classically (up and down) as opposed to the side to side version they most likely due today.

I also had pancreatitus, so maybe that's why they kept me so long? Only I hope not cuz then I wouldn't stay 5 days this time, and I need that!

 

Hang in there Laura. Do what you need to for you and your family; write when you feel like it and it makes you happy. We're here and will help cheer you on as you go through the coming months.

 

Stop worrying so much!! Everything will be fine and I'm sure you'll find time for writing. Glad you finally got a confirmed medical positive. Must have been driving you crazy it would have me. I was cut side to side with both kids. I actually had a choice to do a V-back with my daughter, but she went over and got too big. I'd recommend the C section for anyone with a choice anyway now. I spent 4 days both times which is the max in Maryland for a C section. My Doc is a bit protective so he kept me the extra day. Most people stay 3 days after a C section. Maybe Ohio is different, could be the pancreitis (sp??) So sending positive vibes your way for hubby's interview and FIL's surgery and hears hoping he'll really change his eating habits. He needs to walk everyday too as soon as he's able. He can start like 5 minutes and work up to 20 - 30 minutes anyway.

 

Sounds like *hopefully* everything is falling into place. I really hope your husband's interview goes well and he gets the job!

I'm sure you were only in for 5 days due to the pancreatic issues. I had my C-section at 3:30pm on a Tuesday and was ready to be released Thursday morning. I didn't get out until Friday morning though because I wasn't producing enough milk and even though I told the nurses to give my son a bottle (which, I thought they did) they didn't and he wasn't getting anywhere near enough food for those first couple of days.