New Post Below!

Sorry it was so late. I had planned on getting it up MUCH earlier in the day, but it was a bit of a struggle to write it. I've been out of the loop for so long, and have so much other stuff on the brain, it might take me a few entries to get back into the swing of things.

I called the nurse this morning, she was not very helpful. Honestly, I wish I would have just skipped going to the ER all together. There's not much they can do in early pregnancy to stop a miscarriage anyway, so really all it seems I did was manage to freak myself out about every little thing.

I called the nurse this morning with my levels. She said "You were at 452 and now you're at 809. Huh. So you're rising, but not quickly-quickly."

Needless to say, that didn't make me feel a whole lot better. I was feeling awesome, until she said that. However, they didn't order another blood test. And- get this- you have to call another place to schedule your appointment with them. It takes the up to 7!!! business days to call you back. TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT!!!!

So apparently, since they didn't order another test, and aren't trying to get me in sooner, I'm taking it as they don't think things are too serious. Honestly, I don't think I'm miscarrying, but I'm more worried about an ectopic pregnancy (where the baby implants somewhere other than your uterus.) Cramps are a warning sign, so is dizzyness, and slow rising numbers can also be an indicator. However, I don't have stabbing pains as described... I dunno, there's just SO much that CAN go wrong, and since I know so much more this pregnancy, I'm obsessing over EVERY LITTLE THING.

I was thinking about taking more time off, but honestly, right now? I NEED a distraction. I can't promise it'll be my best writing, and I can't promise it'll be on time as normal, but I am trying to stick to the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday posting as normal.

I did manage to snag an ultrasound in two weeks though. The pregnancy decision health care I went too gives training ultrasounds, so Monday the 26th I'll be getting one. I'm praying to see a heartbeat so I can hopefully relax.

3 comments:

When it comes to medical advise the internet is evil lol. There is so much info out there and so hard to self diagnose it'll drive you crazy. To me it sounds like your levels are rising fine. Just keep yourself occupied and stop looking things up, I know I do the same thing. And rest as much as possible. I'll keep up the prayers. Btw how's the FIL?

 

Internet really does suck when it comes to looking for medical answers. I was having trouble sleeping for the STRANGEST reason ever (my feet get hot in the middle of the night, like putting-your-feet-into-fire hot) and, of course, I went online. I ended up freaking out that I had either diabetes or Lou Gherig's disease or something like that. After what felt like a gazillion tests, it turns out that it's a weird manifestation of restless leg syndrome, since my dad has RLS. My doctor asked me to stay away from the internet if I ever had something and didn't know what was going on.

And it sucks that the nurse couldn't try to make you feel better about something so delicate or be a bit more tactful. I mean, just the way that she could give you the information can make you freak out or feel at ease.

I'm keeping you and your baby in my prayers!!

 

Breathe easy. The levels are rising. You don't have the stabbing pains. The baby is fine. You said yourself every pregnancy is different. I swear I'm having flashbacks to when I was pregnant with my son. Totally different than my daughter. As long as the levels are rising and your not having severe pains, I think you'll be fine. (Not that I'm a doc or anything). And don't go looking on the internet for info, that will scare the bejeebers out of you!! Blessings. mum