FB: It's just one of those days that a girl goes through

I was stunned into silence for a moment. Seriously? They were both jealous?

“Why?”

Jason laughed a little. “Well, I think it’s pretty obvious? I mean, no girl lieks it when another girl is as close to her boyfriend as you and I are. You’re my best friend Ella. I don’t think anything’s ever going to change that. I think Kayla knows that, and it makes her jealous.”

“I can get that. But why are you jealous?”

This caused Jason to sigh. “Well, Ella. It works in both ways, ya know? I mean you can’t tell me you aren’t a little jealous of Kayla, can you?”

I pursed my lips and looked at the floor.

“Like I said, you’re my best friend. Nothing’s going to change that for me. But, I wonder if having a boyfriend is going to change it for you? I’m not used to sharing you. I’ve always had you to myself.”

When he said that, I got chills down my spine, and felt a blush rise to my face. I swallowed loudly.

“You think I’m jealous of Michelle, don’t you?”
Jason shot me a “well duh” look.

“I am. A little. I can’t lie about that. But I would get over it. I mean honestly Jason, you’ve never seen me go off on Kayla like I did Michelle, and she broke my ankle!”

“That was an accident!” He exclaimed.

Now it was time to shoot him my own “yeah, right” look.

“The point is, I’m very good at checking my jealousy. I didn’t go off on Michelle because I’m jealous of her. I went off on her because she’s Satan’s little slut.”

“You don’t think you’re being the tiniest bit hard on her?” He asked.

“Are you serious?” I asked, ready to explode again.

“Hear me out, OK?” He said, looking at me. I didn’t respond. “It’s true, Michelle HAS hit on every guy within a thirty mile radius, and had any of us taken her up on the offer, we probably could have gotten some from her. And I’m not saying she’s easy to get along with, I’ve seen the looks she’s shot you. But, it’s not easy either, breaking into a new group. And Ella, you can be intimidating. She's insecure, that's why she throws herself at guys the way she does. Ever think she just might be jealous of you?”

“Why is everyone always telling me to cut Michelle a break?” I whined.

“Because Ella, we all know you’re better than her.”

I sighed. Why was being the better person and doing the right thing ALWAYS the hardest thing to do?

After that, I was spent. We went into Jason’s house and down to his room. Jason offered to sleep on the floor, but I declined. I wanted to cuddle with him, maybe even needed it a little. I knew Kayla might not like it if her boyfriend was cuddling with another girl, and I’m not sure what Jacob would think, but I didn’t care. I knew what they didn’t know, wouldn’t hurt them.

I hate waking up the morning after a fight. It’s almost like waking up with a hangover. You open your eyes, and for a split second, everything is OK. And then you remember: everyone is mad at you, and you’re not willing to apologize. It all comes crashing down on your head.

I yawned and stretched, knocking Jason in the head as I did so. He grumbled and flipped over.

“You may not want to beat the one friend you have left.” He said, rubbing his head.

“Sorry.” I answered, flinging my legs over the side of his bed.

“Where are you going to early?” He asked, rubbing his eyes.

“I need to figure out how I’m getting home.”

“You’re not seriously leaving are you?”

“You seriously expect me to stay? Everyone hates me!”

“Don’t you think you’re being a little dramatic?” Jason said, shooting me a look and pulling on a t-shirt.

I sighed. Maybe I was being the tiniest bit dramatic. But, I didn’t doubt that everyone was angry at me. I also knew that I didn’t feel like dealing with it. I love Toni, but I didn’t want to sit there and listen to her lecture me like she was my Mother, I didn’t want to hear Jacob and Drew demand an apology for Michelle, and I most certainly didn’t want to apologize for Michelle. All I really wanted to was stamp my foot and whine “but I don’t wanna” a whole bunch.

“So you’re just gonna give up? Slink out of town?”

“Weren’t you the one just complaining that I was spending too much time with Jacob? Shouldn’t this make you happy?”

“My friend having no back-bone does not really make me happy. Do you really want to give Michelle the satisfaction of knowing she won?”

That did it for me. “Well. My stuff is at Toni’s.”

I did procrastinate on going over there. I was half afraid to see anyone, and I half just didn’t want to deal with it. I took a long shower, and then waited till Jason was out of the shower before I would eat breakfast. I took forever walking to the car. I made him stop and get some coffee, even though he and I both knew I didn’t drink coffee. Finally, we pulled up in front of Toni and Nick’s house. Drew’s car was in the driveway. I didn’t know if I hoped Michelle would be there so I could go off on her some more, or if she wasn’t so it would be relatively drama free.

“Want me to go in with you?” Jason asked.
“Of course.” I said, taking a deep breath and getting out of the car.

It was weird, knocking on the door instead of just walking in. But, I didn’t really feel like ambushing them all, so, I knocked. Drew opened the door.

“Ella.” He said, a little shocked.

“I’m just here to get my stuff.” I said, brushing past him and into the house.
Toni came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her towel.

“She’s returned. You wanna tell us where you’ve been?” She said.

“With me.” Jason answered, walking in behind me. I didn’t miss the evil look Toni shot him.

“I’m just gonna grab my stuff and then I’m gone.” I said, heading upstairs for the spare bedroom. Toni started after me, but Drew beat her to it, coming upstairs behind me.

“I don’t need any help packing.” I snapped when he entered the room.

“What the hell was that last night?” He asked, leaning against the door frame.
“That was me, tired of being ignored all night, tired of watching Michelle hang all over you guys, tired of watching all of you drool all over her.” I said, slamming some stuff into my bag.

“So it’s a jealousy thing?”

I laughed harshly. “Really? Me jealous of Michelle? No. I was annoyed, yes. I could have gotten the same attention too, if I wanted to parade around in a low cut shirt and shake my goodies in front of a bunch of guys. I’m better than that, and I thought you were too.”

“I thought you were better than shouting insults at a girl you just met because of your own insecurities.” He shot back coolly.

“I’m so out of here.” I fumed.

“That’s it, Ella. Run away because things get a little bit tough. It’s what you always do. Meanwhile you’re ruining things with a really great guy. All because it’s too much work to stick around.”

“I’ve apparently already ruined it. Besides, if that guy was SO great, it would have been him coming after me last night to see what was wrong. He chose Michelle, not me. And any great guy would know that that was the WRONG choice. And YOU’RE included in that.” I picked up my bag and realized I couldn’t carry it and walk down the stairs on crutches. I was angry, hurt, and frustrated, and I just wanted to get the hell home. In my fury, I threw the bag down, where it landed on my foot. Even through the cast, my ankle was jostled, and it HURT. I slumped down to the floor, holding my ankle and crying. Drew came over and weakly tried to pat me on the back, but you could tell he wasn’t too into it. He was still angry. I pushed him away.

“Just get the hell away from me.” I yelled, realizing I was being a baby. It was just one of those days where everything seemed to be going wrong, and the only thing to do was cry and throw a big fit. Which I realized was exactly what I did last night, which got me into this whole mess. I didn’t care though, I just wanted to be alone.

Drew did leave, quickly and quietly.

I sat for a few moments, crying and alternating between cursing myself for being such a brat, and cursing everyone else for making me act this way. I heard tentative steps approaching, and figured it was either Nick or Jason coming to help me with my bag. Drew was mad at me, but he wasn’t cruel, he would have sent someone to help.

I didn’t bother looking up when whoever it was entered the room.

“Can you just carry my bag downstairs so I can get the hell out of here?” I asked, my voice mumbled from where my face was buried in my legs.

“No can do. You and I need to talk.” Jacob said.

19 comments:

aaaah... i love ella to death, but she has been driving me crazy in these last two posts...she is so much better than that!

 

Normally I am not a huge fan of the cliffhanger posts, because it feels like nothing happens, but when it comes to your blog, that is not the case. Of course I am going crazy because I want to know what happens next between Ella and Jacob, but I am not left irritated like I usually am with the Cosmo blog. You actually make things happen before you leave us hanging, wanting more. Bravo!

This was a great post. I have a feeling that Ella is about to be put even more in her place, which she completely deserves. I see a lot of my own qualities in her, some good, some bad, and I know that I have done this very same thing a time or two. I think Ella needs to be honest about her feelings towards Michelle, but at the same time, Jacob needs to stick up for his friend. Ella had no right to go off on Michelle, even though she is a little tramp. How would she feel if Kayla treated her the way she did Michelle? Through Kayla's eyes, I bet Ella looks like she throws herself all over the boys, the same way Michelle does.

BTW, I absolutely can not wait for the next post. I am dying to know what happens between Ella and Drew!

 

Oh Ella - I believe drama is drawn to you like a moth to a flame. Not going to lie after all that I probably would have given myself a bit of a pity party too. But really - I did like the twist with Jacob - what will he say!?!

 

You hit the nail on the head, Leilani. I bet Kayla sees Ella just as Ella sees Michelle, and I don't blame her. Love this blog. mum

 

Oh I could see me acting just like Ella, not the yelling at michelle thing, but being mad and upset and having acted like a fool and just wanting to leave with whatever dignity I had left. Then dropping a heavy bag on my broken ankle. And sitting on the floor defeated and crying lol. I wonder what Jacob thinks about all this. And I agree she should tell him just what Michelle said to her, so he knows where she is coming from. And with Kayla's view on Ella, i'm sure to some degree that she sees Ella as a Michelle, only Ella didn't tell Kayla that Jason would get tired of her like all the rest. Ella tries to respect Kayla and Jason's relationship.

 

OMG I am absolutely in love with your blog! I just found out about it this wknd and just couldn't stop reading. Other blogs I've read just don't compare to your writing, storyline, etc. Cannot wait til the next post!!

 

I love this blog. :) That being said...I'm so with Anonymous, Ella is killing me lately. I get it, I don't think I would have blown up the way she did, although I would have thrown myself a pity party. But damn, she really mucked it up this time. I cannot stand Michelle, she is a dirty, dirty whore. I've known women like that, and it is the worst when you see their true colors and no one else does.

I think Ella is looking pretty shabby to her friends, but no one called Ella to check on her? When she didn't show back up with Jason at the restaurant or at Toni's...no one called? Bad form on their part. I'm cringing for Ella's behavior and yet I still sympathize with her. GREAT WRITING!

 

I feel for ella. I know what she is going through. There have been times when I am stressed or overwhelmed that I have thrown big baby fits. And I know it and if someone would just give me a hug and tell me they don't hate me I could apologize, but that never happens because I am annoying the people I want to do that to me so it keeps going on and on until I snap out of it and end up apologizing anyways. But it is frustrating that noone will say they understand. It really is just one of those days ( Thumbs up for the title by the way, that takes me back to Junior High.)

 

I LOVE the Ella character. She's not perfect and that makes her very believable, I love that she knows she being irrational when she's acting stupid but still can't help it I totally do the same thing.

 

Yeah I was doing some cringing too. But I do sympathize with her. But I'm tired of the girl always running from her problems. Kayla may see Ella like how Ella sees Michelle but truthfully Kayla or Ella shouldn't be with Jason because he is a jerk. I think he plays them both against each other. But I think Kayla is a little like Michelle but not really in that perspective is that they both seem to play games with Ella. They both taunt Ella in different but similar ways. I hope that Ella and Jacob didn't break up because of this.

 

By the way I was reading one of the blogs that are listed on the side of the page "Passive Agressive Notes" and it lead me to another "blog" http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

It's kinda mean, but super funny u guys should check it out.

 

I'm not gonna lie, I am not remotely disappointed in Ella for going off on Michelle. Because honestly, it's the fact that SO MANY people give those types of girls a break that allows them to keep acting that way. If no one ever stops and says "This behavior is completely inappropriate," they will never recognize it as such. Granted, she could have been um... more mature in the confrontation, but I still think it was a good thing.

And I do think Kayla probably sees Ella in the same way Ella sees Michelle. Ella IS really affectionate with those boys, and if I was the new girlfriend, I would be upset too. But um, I wouldn't break her ankle! That's freaking crazy. And on top of that, Ella doesn't consistently try to mess around with EVERYONE. So she =/= michelle.

And I really hope it's just that Ella and Jake can't hang the distance or something. I would hate for them to break up over this.

 

Question to Laura B - you say that Ella should tell Jacob what Michelle said to her. What did she say to her? I even looked back several posts and didn't see anything. I must have missed it. Can someone help me out? mum

 

I don't think this is what ends elaa and Jacob... Jason says something about Jacob being the last guy Ella was with, and i am not sure how long there is between the flash back and now post but i think Ella and Jacob are together for longer then the short time they have been... And for some reason i see the ending between Ella and Jacob as being more complicated than this stupid fight.

 

I think michelle told Ella that she was just a passing phase or something along those lines.... but a bit bitchier

 

She said: “I know you’re threatened by me. And I understand why. But, just so you know, I don’t have to steal Jacob from you, he’ll get tired of you on his own. He always does.”

I figured it might be easier for me to go back where I have it saved than you guys :-)

 

I just want to give ella a hug.

 

I'm actually kinda hoping Ella tells Jacob the same stuff she told Drew.

And she is right... if they were great guys sure after finding out if Michelle was OK (which makes sense Drew {since he was kinda into her} and Jacob {the whole little sister thing} should have done) have at the LEAST called her.

There are a LOT of apologies in order. Toni for being a bitch to Ella about hanging out with Jason, Ella to Michelle for being a bitch to her, Michelle to Ella for trying to break up her and Jacob, Jacob to Ella for nearly cursing her out in front of everyone, Ella to Jacob for not trusting him (because her freak out about Michelle really centers that she DOESN'T trust him with her no matter what she says).

And I'm probably forgetting some. But I do have my fingers crossed Ella and Jacob work through this issue... he needs to set some boundaries to Michelle so she KNOWS where she stands.