FB: Tell me do you think it'd be alright, if I could just crash here tonight

Jason followed me into Jacobs room. As soon as the door clicked shut, I started to feel uncomfortable.

“Where’s Kayla?” I asked, standing by the door.

Jason made his way to Jacob’s bed and plopped down on it. “We got into a fight.” He patted the space next to him, and I walked over and sat on the corner of the bed.

“What about?”

“Just. Jealousy issues. It’s stupid, and I don’t want to talk about it.”

“OK. Well. What do you want to do?” Uneasiness was still creeping into my stomach. I couldn’t put a finger on why I felt so uncomfortable, I just knew this was wrong.

“Wanna watch a movie?” He asked, laying back.

“I dunno…” I hesitated. “I’m not sure when Jake will be back.”

“Who cares? We’re just watching a movie. If he comes back he can join us.”

I looked at Jason. I knew he was just Jason, and not some random guy on the street. I knew if Jacob came in, he probably wouldn’t care. Probably. Still, something was telling me this wasn’t right. Still, I didn’t know exactly how to go about telling Jason that, without sounding like I assumed something was going to happen between us.

“Fine. Movie sounds good.” I said, leaning back on the bed. Jason reached over me and grabbed the remote, his face dangerously close to mine. I flinched, trying to move away from him. He noticed and laughed.

“Chill, Ella. I’m not going to punch you or something.” Jason said, moving back over. I still tried to stay away from him, hanging half off the bed.

He flipped through a couple of on demand movies, and eventually settled on some old movie that was on TV. I couldn’t focus on it, I was too busy paying attention to Jason’s every movement. I jumped about a mile in the air when I felt his arm slide around me.

“What are you doing?” I asked, shrugging him off.

“Cuddling. We always cuddle. What is your problem tonight? You’re all jumpy and stuff.”

“I’m just…” I trailed off, at a loss for words. “Hungry. I’m really hungry. You want to go grab something to eat? I could call the group and see what they were up too, if they want to eat.”

“I really just wanted to kind of hang out and chill.” He said.

“I know. But, you can still do that while we’re eating.” I said, reaching for my cell phone.

“We could order room service.”

“Room service isn’t as good, and it’s like, super expensive. Besides, I already texted them.”

“Isn’t as good? The only place open at this time of night is Waffle House or Steak and Shake.” Jason grumbled. Still, he got up and put on his shoes.


I had texted the guys, but I hadn’t gotten a response yet. We went down in the lobby, and paused in front of the bar.

“Where are we going?” Jason asked.

“I dunno. They haven’t answered.” I admitted.

“Jeez Ella. We could still be watching the movie!” Jason snapped, frustrated with me.

I shrugged and sat down in the lobby. Jason plopped down on the couch in front of me with a dramatic sigh. I wished I had never run into him tonight, he was in such an odd mood, and coupled with my bad mood, it wasn’t a good mix.

As I was waiting to get a text back to see what they wanted to do, I looked up and noticed Jacob’s Mom in the bar, by herself, drinking. It struck me as odd, considering she had told me earlier she was going to bed. I was about to go into the bar and see if she was OK, when my phone buzzed.

“They said we could meet them at Waffle House.”

“Great.” Jason scoffed. “Gourmet food.”

I ignored him, and waited for him to pull up the car. He didn’t talk, and I didn’t try to make him. I was back to stewing. I hadn’t lied, I was hungry. I wanted to eat and go to sleep.

We pulled up to the Waffle House and noticed that Michelle’s car was already there. I had forgotten about her, and realizing she was there plummeted my mood even more. I was even more livid when I walked in and saw Michelle smashed into a booth in between Jacob and Toni. Jacob’s arm was draped around her.

I left the hotel room because I thought Jacob might be uncomfortable with Jason and I hanging out alone together. Here he was, snuggled up to Michelle like it was nothing. I wanted to punch something.

Drew and Nick were sitting on the other side of the booth, but Drew stood when we came in, and Jason and I were slid in next to Nick. Drew got a chair and put it at the end of the booth.

“Hi.” Jason said, waving.

“Hey, I didn’t think we’d see you tonight. What happened to Kayla?” Toni asked, glancing at her menu.

“Fight.” Jason said, his words clipped.

“Yeah, so Jason met me at the hotel. We were watching a movie, but I got hungry. Though, now I’m a little tired.” I said, yawning and laying my head on Jason’s shoulder. If Jacob was allowed to cozy up to Michelle, then certainly I was allowed to cuddle up to my best friend.

“You went to Jake’s hotel room?” Toni asked, eyeing Jason and me, an eyebrow raised.

“He was there when I got back.” I said, shrugging. “I was lonely, so we decided to hang out.”

“You could have hung out with us at the bowling alley.” Toni pressed.

“You mean where I sat in the back being ignored? Loads of fun that is, a hot, loud, stinky bowling alley. No thanks.” I couldn’t hide the aggravation in my voice.

“No one was ignoring you. You were pouting, we just wanted to have a good time.” Michelle shot back.

“Sorry, Michelle, that my idea of having a good time isn’t hitting on and crawling all over anything that might have a third leg.” My tone was light, but my words were sharp.

“Ella!” Jacob protested.

“What?” I said, innocently. “I’m sorry. Did I not mention that I caught Michelle hitting on Sean? Sorry to tell you Jacob, but your friend is a whore.”

“Ella, don’t you think you’ve gone a little too far?” Toni started, but Michelle had already jumped up.

“I didn’t know just because you were jealous of someone that that automatically made them a whore.”

“Jealous of what? That I can’t spread my legs that far?” I scoffed.

“Ella STOP IT.” Jacob yelled. “You’re being such a…” He trailed off, his nostrils flared.

“Go figure you would take her side. She probably blew you before I got here. I’m going home.” With that I shoved Jason out of the booth and left.


My anger carried me pretty far, but eventually my arms gave out. I knew I wouldn’t be able to walk all the way home, but add in the fact that I was on crutches hindered me even more. I was hoping to at least be able to make it to Nick and Toni’s, where Toni would scold me but let me crash there, and take off in the morning. I had wasted too much time here, I needed to go back home, to my job.

I heard a car pull up behind me and started to get freaked. It was night, I was alone, and I couldn’t run or really fight anyone off. I kept moving, but I heard the car slow to a stop beside me.

“Get in.” Jason called.

“No.” I answered, relieved that it was just him.

“Ella, don’t be an idiot. I know you’re mad, and that’s fine. But you and I both know that you’re tired, and it’s not safe for you to be out here by yourself. So get in the car.”

I kept walking. Jason sighed.

“You gonna make me follow you all night? You know I’ll do it.”

I did know that he would. And he was right, I was tired. I stopped, turn toward his car, sticking my crutches in the back and hopping into the front seat. Jason drove off.

“Where are we going?” I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

“My house. You can spend the night there. Tomorrow we’ll figure this all out.”

“I don’t want to go to your house.”

“I know you don’t. But I also know you don’t want to go back to Toni’s, or see Jake, so where are you gonna go? Drew’s busy comforting Michelle. You made her cry.”

I scoffed. “Those are crocodile tears, I promise you.”

“Yeah. I don’t doubt that. I know what kind of girl Michelle is. Still, you didn’t need to go off on her like that.”

“Of course you’d take her side…” I pouted.

“Right. That’s why I’m the only one who came and got you. Because I’m taking HER side.”

That shut me up, and cut me. He was right, no one else came after me. They all let me go, off by myself, and not one of them had even bothered to call me to see if I was OK.

Jason cleared his throat. “You know, Kayla and I were fighting because of jealousy tonight too.”

“I’m not jealous!” I snapped. Then, because curiosity got the best of me, “who are you jealous of?”

“She says I’m jealous of you and Jacob. I say she’s jealous of you.”

"Why would she say that?" I asked, confused.
"Well. Because it's true. On both counts."

21 comments:

Ahhhh!! Now I don't know which one I'm more axious for the next post the FB or the other one. The other one I think, love Drew. Everytime I think Jason is a total deuche he does something like this. No wonder Ella is so confused over him. Guess Ella is the one who messed things up with Jacob, no surprise she seems good at that. Still Toni or Drew could have offered to go get her, apparently only Jason did.

 

I think the only thing that does bother me about Ella, is she seems a bit of a hypocrite.. I mean, she's allowed to be friends and all over Jason and Drew, but she freaks about Michelle.

I know Michelle is a douche, but looking from the outside in, Ella seems to come off the same way in others eyes.. all over Jason and Drew the way Michelle is all over Jacob.

However, Toni started that one. It wasn't her place to say anything about Jason being at the hotel. Considering they're friends, look at Michelle and Jacob all over each other and all they did was watch a bloody movie...seriously.

I love your writing. I get right into the story. I get angry, I get sad, I get happy. I love that kind of writing:)

 

Jacob has officially been written off in my book. Sure Ella was harsh but you could keep your mouth shut and discuss it with her by herself. Stand your ass up take your arm off of the whore and say Ella I want to talk to you alone. Almost calling ella a name in front of everyone. That was a real jackass move. See Ya Jake!

 

Laura, it feels to me like your back into the swing of the story!

I can't wait to see what happens in Ella's present and past.

You know, the signs have always been there that Jason thought Ella was the one for him. I don't really blame him for running to Kayla to ease his pain. Especially not after what Drew told him.

I feel bad for Ella. But, she and Jacob didn't actually have sex, did they?

I love Drew for her, and I think he's the right choice, but you can't just toss away feelings for someone else. Especially not when you've loved them your entire life.

I'm torn.

 

I was kind of disappointed in Ella's behavior, too. The interaction with Michelle was way harsh, and to accuse Jacob of letting her "blow him" on the way over was over the top. I keep forgetting, is this all fiction? mum

 

B- I feel like I'm back too. :-) I'm glad it shows.

Kbear and Mum- See, I can kinda see why Ella blows up a little. I'm not saying she's correct in doing so, but. I mean, she goes to the bowling alley, only to really get ignored. Then, she wants to just go home and go to sleep, because she knows she's in a bad mood. But, her boyfriend asks her to stay with him, and she agrees, and gets sent off to the hotel alone so he can hang out with this girl who obviously likes him. Then she finds her ex there. She could have stayed with him and cuddled, watching a movie, only she thinks her boyfriend would be uncomfortable with that, so she leaves. Even though, as said earlier, all she wants to do is go to bed. Then, she finds her boyfriend cuddling up to said girl?

I'm not saying Ella didn't snap. She did. And as for Mum's question of fact or fiction, it's a little bit of both. Some of these things have happened, some I made up. Did this particular thing happen? No. Is it something *I* would have done? In my younger years, yeah. I had a hot head and a quick temper. It burned out pretty quickly, but man when you lit my fuse there could be quite an explosion. Is it the right thing to do? No, it lost me a LOT of friends, and a couple of boyfriends, and took me a LONG time to fix. I'm not always there, and sometimes I do get into a cranky mood and blow up on my husband for really no reason.

 

I cannot wait until next week. I just started reading this blog yesterday afternoon and have already read up the the current post! I really hope Ella doesn't hurt Drew, he is always there and seems like such a great guy!

 

Laura, everyone has their moments. And I can certainly see why Ella had hers. I mean the broken ankle, not being able to participate in boweling, and seriously Jacob should have realized this and left with her. They haven't been alone since they got together. And Michelle was trying to push her buttons, so she would blow and make her (Michelle) the victom. Yes Ella's words were harsh and probably cost her Jacob, but really as someone said, he should have took her aside and talked to her. He totally did not handle the situation well. And for that matter, wasn't Michelle supposed to be Drews date?? Why wasn't she sitting next to him?? But yes i'm sure Ella can see were Kayla is coming from. She should probably sit down and have a talk with her. I'm so into this story I feel like everyone is real!! lol.

 

I really loved this post.

Sadly, it's something I would do... if I were hungry, tired, broken, and some girl was all over my boyfriend. I'm a fairly jealous person (though, I've gotten a lot better about it.. mostly because my husband has been nothing but faithful) but back when we were first dating I was in a similar situation. This girl who was friends with my boyfriend (now husband) kept wanting to wrestle with him "to prove she was strong and could take him" (she was about 100 lbs soaking wet, next to my husband who's over 6', 200 lbs, lots of muscle, in the Army) and I knew she was only doing it to get close to him. I hated her for it and I told him (in private) that he wasn't allowed to wrestle with other girls because it really irritated me. Thankfully he saw my point. Took me years to be friendly with the girl though. I mean, I'd play nice around her, but I really didn't like her because she was way too touchy feely with my man, you know?

My husband's best friend's girlfriend (now ex-wife) was secretly in love with my husband for the longest time. I could tell because she hated me for absolutely no reason, kept trying to break us up, tried to turn all of his other friends against me, kept trying to get him away from me, spread all sorts of lies about me, etc. I was nothing but nice to her and I knew I didn't deserve the crap she was doing to me. Thankfully hubby's friend realised what a bitch she was (a little too late, they got married first) and he's now free of the skank.

So yeah, just wanted to say I totally understand why Ella went off on Michelle (which, coincidentally is the name of "wrestle girl") and Jacob. And Jacob should have had her back. It shouldn't have had to be Jason going after her... especially when everyone at that table (more or less) knew their history and knew that Jason and Kayla had been fighting. Jason and Ella together, both fighting with their significant others, is a bad combination.... something's going to happen.

And wow that was a lot longer than I meant it to be. Keep up with the great stories, Laura. It really makes my day better to read them. Especially with all the horrible things happening lately with Ft. Hood (which is only about an hour away from my house) and the Orlando shooting today.

 

I do understand why she acted the way she did, and I have done it as well. who hasn't? I'm just pointing out that she is a bit of a hypocrite, because it's alright for her to be touchy feely with Jason (maybe not in this post, but previous ones) and she gets mad when Jacob's the same way with Michelle. Although I know it's different cause Michelle's a hoe and Ella isn't, I still kinda see it that way.

I am however, totally annoyed with Toni for starting shit. She had no reason to say anything, and Michelle shoulda kept her mouth shut, and if Jacob was any decent guy, he would have interrupted right there and said "michelle, stay out of it. It's not your business." after her comment about the pouting.

Can't wait til next week:)

 

I'm not surprized that Toni called it out the way she did, she's a no nonsence person and hanging out alone in a hotel room with someone other then your partner is nonsence, friends or not. Ella had it right not allowing the situation to continue.

 

Ella gets a thumbs up from me. Michelle had that coming. She should have kept her mouth shut when it came to conversation between Ella and HER friend Toni. Newbie don't stick your nose where it don't belong. Everyone knows that. Second has everyone forgotten Michelle's little verbal assault at the party the night before. Yeah I think ella went light on the broad (LOL “Jealous of what? That I can’t spread my legs that far?” . Ella cracked me up).
Last but not least I had no idea Jacob was such a punk. Any man that could let a girl get between him and his girl (whether his girl was right or wrong) is a punk. Handle your private business privately. If your "friend" cut off your balls so much you could blow up at a girl you supposedly care about in front of everyone you got some problems!
Oh yeah ella is not a hypocrite. That girl has been nothing but considerate of Kayla. I don't remember a incident where ella hung all over Jason while Kayla was in the room or hanging out with them. Not one incident.

 

I don't think it is the end of Jacob. Remember Jason thought the baby she lost was Jacob's.
Can't wait for the next post.

 

KBear- before I forget, because I keep meaning to tell you EVERY time you comment, I love your little default picture thingy. Is that you at your wedding? If so, GORGEOUS!

Anyway, I have to stir the pot again. I get people saying Jacob should have handled his business in private but... Couldn't Ella had done the same thing? She could have tried to tell Jacob she was feeling ignored, or pulled him aside when he was cuddled up to Michelle. She bottled it all up and that caused her to explode.

And, I never said who I thought Jake looked like. Any of you ever see 16 Candles? Jake Ryan? Swoon.

 

Remember that Michelle is not only like family to Jacob but they're also best friends. I think he has a right to stand by his friend over some girl he's barly started dating.

I can say this because boys are stupid, even the good ones so jacob just can't see that Michelle is evil and skanky.

 

So I'm pretty much have mixed emotions about everything that's happened in this blog. (It was very good though).

First, I can almost see why Ella went off on everyone, but she already knew she was angry, she shouldn't have gone back out. When she saw Jacob's mom sitting at the bar she should have suggested to Jason that they join her. She got herself in that crappy situation and she shouldn't have said all of those things to Michelle (even though I probably would've done the same thing in her situation).

Toni shouldn't have gotten on Ella's case about hanging out with Jason. I get why she would be concerned because of all the crap that he put her through, but that could've been left for some other time, especially if she's sitting next to Michelle and Jacob is all over her.

Jacob AND Drew should have been able to get control of the situation to some extent. Like Jacob should've taken Ella aside or something and Drew should've calmed down Michelle (Nick, unfortunately would've had to side with his wife...I guess).

And Michelle...I just don't like her. I think she's a cow and I would've said the same thing to her, but I wouldn't have done it in front of everyone so that they could all take her side.

All in all, very good post. I absolutely love your writing and I can't wait to see what'll happen next week!

 

Laura you are right but Ella did not take Jacob aside because Michelle is his good friend. When Michelle acted all evil inside seans house she thought about telling Jake but she didn't want to get in between their friendship. That's what I think anyway. You made ella so I will take your word for it. LOL. I just am on ella's side because we know Michelle is evil little skank and I hate when like that get the upper hand irks me something awful. Also I am very loyal to all my fictional characters, LOL, I will point out when you are being a idiot but I will defend you when someone else tries to point it out!!

 

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything all of you have said about this post, but I feel I have to point out one other thing. What about Drew? For such an awesome guy, why was he taking Michelles side over Ellas? Why wasn't HE the one to go get her, or at least to help jason find her? Just seems to me that the awesome Drew we know of today would have ditched the wench and gone after ella.

 

Ugh, I'm getting really tired of Jason. Probably because I honestly can't decide how I feel about him. I know he and Ella had a huge past, so I should be aware that he's going to come up in the flashback posts. But I still get really angry every time he does hahah. Either be a tool or be sweet! You can't keep doing this back and forth thing!

And Sprickle, I agree. For Drew to be all "I'm your best friend," and then to not go after or comfort her in a time like this seems a little shady. Unless maybe he tried to but Jason was like "DUDE, NO. SHE'S MINE. BACK OFF." Which may be something he would do. Hmm...

K, I'll stop my hatred of Jason now. Excellent post! I just love Ella right now.

 

Hanna I agree I could see Jason saying something like that too. I also get angry everytime he is in a post.
I can't really blame Drew. Think of it from his point of view. He hasn't see Michelle act anything but nice. Ella didn't tell him what she said to her so he doesn't even really know how Michelle acts. All he say was Ella go off and call her a slut in front of everyone and Michelle start crying.

 

Adding my two cents. I just think that when it comes to Ella and Jacob it was doomed from the beginning - too much baggage on both ends and neither of them ready to get rid of said baggage. Ella really didn't care that Jacob had his arm around Michelle it was that Michelle was there - she seems more focused on Michelle then Jacob. She draws drama too her and creates it when she doesn't need to - ie the hotel room.