Ain't worried about tomorrow when you're busy livin in a perfect day

I knew I had hurt Drew’s feelings, but I didn’t really feel bad about it. Instead I just felt pissed off.

He said he didn’t want to be with me right now, he said he had things to work out, he said I could see other people, and now he was acting like I had done something wrong? Sure, it was pretty fast to move on… Only, not really. Drew and I had broken up almost 2 months ago. He was the one who told me we should just let things happen. He can’t be mad if they don’t happen the way he wants. If he’s not willing to put forth effort then… Why should I?

As I shopped around, my angry started to wear off. I did understand where Drew was coming, but still… If he didn’t want me, then he needed to let me go, and stop making me feel guilty for things he told me were OK.

I ended up spending more than I wanted too, but it still wasn’t as bad as I expected. I got two new hooded sweatshirts, including the new Saint Patrick’s day hoodie, as well as a layered tee shirt. I knew I would look casual, which I wanted, but the layer tee shirt was also a little tight, showing off more than I showed Seth the last time I had seen him. I just hoped the rink would be warm enough for me to take off my sweatshirt. It usually wasn’t too bad, the walk to the rink was the coldest part about the night.

I went back to Toni, where we packed up the kids and went home. We spent the night with the kids, playing, eating, watching movies and cuddling on the couch together. I liked having Toni in the house, and I think Matt did as well. It was going to be a little lonely when they left.

My… Thing… With Seth was… Different. Not different in a bad way, it just was… Different.

He came early to pick me up, and was surprised when he saw Kyle answer the door.

“You didn’t tell me you had kids?” He said, smiling as I walked up behind kids.

“Oh, he’s not mine. He’s my god-son. His Mom and sister are staying with me while they remodel the house they just bought. It’s down the street.” I said, stepping aside to let him in. “I’m ready, I promise. It’s just their Mom is in the shower and I told her I’d keep an eye on the kids till she got back. You don’t mind, do you?” I asked.

“Oh, no. It’s fine.” He said. He glanced back at his car before he walked it.

“So. This is my house.” I said, as he entered. “It’s not normally this…” I trailed off. Toys were scattered everywhere, and we had to step over a baby gate in order to get into the living room, where Izzy was bouncing in her jumper.

“Kid friendly?” He said, laughing.

“Yeah. I guess that’s the word for it.” I said. I heard Kyle banging on the gate, so I went over to lift him inside.

“Hey buddy.” Seth said, kneeling down.

“Can you say hi Kyle?” I prompted.

“Nope.” Kyle said, shaking his head and smiling. Did I mention Kyle was ornery?

“And that’s Izzy.” I said, pointing to the bouncing ball of chub in the corner.

He waved to Izzy. Cumulus came over and sniffed him.

“And who’s this big guy?” Seth asked, reaching down and taking Cumulus’ massive head in both his hands.

“That’s Cumulus. He’s my buddy.” I said, scratching his head.

Kyle did eventually say hi to Seth, and when Toni got out of the shower five minutes later, he was on the floor with Kyle playing trucks. It was honestly one of the cutest things I had ever seen.

Toni flashed me a thumbs up sign as we walked out the door. I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

“Um. Well. I’ve got to tell you something.” He said, as we stood on the porch.

“Yes?” I asked.

“My sister… She’s in the car. I’m sorry, I should have told you, but it was a last minute thing, and she kind of demanded to go… And when my sister gets it in her head to demand something… Well. She’s going to get it.”

“And you left her waiting in the car?” I exclaimed.

He shrugged and smiled. “She demanded on coming, I didn’t say I was going to be nice to her.”

“Well. Be nice to her!” I said, laughing.

We walked to the car where I met his sister, Chloe. When Seth had said she was the beauty of the family, he wasn’t kidding. She had long hair that curled slightly, and it was the same color blonde that Seth had. She had a small button nose, clear skin, an easy smile, and again, Seth’s clear blue eyes. She was gorgeous. At first, I was a little intimidated, worried that because she had demanded to come, that she was a diva who was used to getting her way. That wasn’t the case. She sat in the back, cracking jokes about Seth’s driving, while asking me about my job.

“That’s so awesome you work with inner city kids!” She exclaimed. “I always wanted to do something like that.”

“Well, we can always use volunteers. I have a girl’s retreat coming up, you could come and do their hair and makeup?” I offered. Chloe had told me she was in cosmetology school.

“Yes! I bet it would be a blast! Here, give me your phone, I’m going to give you my number and you call me with the details. I bet I could even get a few of the other girls from school to come!”

I handed her my phone, laughing. Chloe was so enthusiastic about everything.

When we got to the arena, Seth turned to me.

“Why don’t you go find our seats? I can go get snacks. Chloe, you can help.” He said.

“You can carry the stuff yourself, I’m going with Ella.” Chloe said.

Seth shot him a look and Chloe rolled her eyes, but off with him she went.

Seth had splurged on our seats. I worried about how much money we spent, but I was also kind of glad. The game was much better when you were closer, and I was glad that we were in the lower bowl. Seth and Chloe came down a few minutes later, Chloe carrying drinks and Seth with popcorn and other snacks.

The game was amazing, and I have never laughed that much in my life. Even if this wasn’t a date, I was so glad to have met Seth, and Chloe as well. You could tell they were good people who just wanted to have fun. After the game, we walked back to the car.

“I’m going to drop Chloe off at the house, if that’s OK?”

“That’s fine. I’m not in a hurry.” I said, smiling.

“Come in for a sec Ella.” Chloe called as we pulled up to their house.

“Chloe…” Seth’s voice was warning.

“Oh chill Seth. She said she’s not in a hurry.” Chloe said, hopping out.

She opened my door, and I shot a look at Seth. I didn’t want to make him angry. Maybe he was having a horrible time and just wanted me to go home.

He smiled an amused, but annoyed smile. “Do you mind? Once she gets it in her head…” He trailed off.

“No. No problem.” This was definitely a first for me, meeting a guys Mom on what may or may not be a first date.

As soon as I met Seth and Chloe’s Mom, I saw where they got their looks from. She was definitely an older version of Chloe, and she had the same warm and welcoming personality. We sat on the couch and hung out for a bit, talking and telling stories. I really loved seeing the relationship between all of them. They had the closeness I wish my own family had.

I also briefly met Ian, Seth’s older brother. He was just as good looking, but a scruffier version, with longer hair and a beard. He was not nearly as welcoming, mumbling a hello before he shuffled away.

“Alright.” Seth finally said. “It’s getting late, I better get you home.” He patted my leg as he said this, leaving his hand on my thigh for a moment longer than needed. I instantly began to wonder if I would get a kiss goodnight or not.

And suddenly, I couldn’t wait to find out.

16 comments:

I can't wait to find out either!

 

Seth is such a cutie!! I like him already!

Kiss the girl!!

 

Ooh! What an enticing fella! I hadn't noticed two months had passed. Blog world seems to speed up, heehee.

 

haha Loner, that was my exact quote too when I read that last line! Sounds promising...

 

WOW! HE sounds too good to be true right now and I am wondering what it is that isn't quite right hehe. Perhaps it is the closeness of his sister that will ruin things. Still Ella needs to COMMUNICATE with Drew. They are both being really stupid about this situation. I hope Drew doesn't catch them kiss at the end of their date. uh oh.

 

I hate hockey in the first couple rows! You can totally see the boys pumbling each other and shoving each other up agenst the boards. I actually prefer to be a little bit higher up... weird I know.
Kat
PS - olympic mens hockey starts today!!!

 

Hmmm very interesting. I was thinking since he allowed his sister to come along, that it was just a friend thing. But his hand on her leg a little too long, and wanting to drop sis off first hmmm. Seth sounds great. I still love Drew and I do feel for him if Ella falls for Seth, but it is Drew's own fault.

 

Off topic, anyone know shat's up with the Utopia blog now?? Haven't heard anything from the author for over a week and I know her daughter had surgery recently, so I was a bit concerned.

 

Hmm I just don't know. When things look too good to be true it's usually because they are. And I didn't even notice two months had gone by! Drew and Ella really need to talk.

 

Me, I was wondering if Seth had asked his sister to come along. For moral support, you know. Maybe he's kinda shy or was thinking Chloe could help him out by making some excuse if the date wasn't going so well.

 

-off topic / Utopia blog-
She was also having issues with what should happen next... with everything else going on I can see nixing the blog for a while. I'm kinda curious as well though.
Kat

 

Wasn't anyone else put off by Chloe? Once she gets something in her head, well....that happened twice. If it was supposed to be a date, I would have told her butt to stay home. Why cater to her so much?? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Was wondering about Utopia, too. I hope it's just the writer's block thing and nothing to do with her daughter. mum

 

I figured it had been about two months, I mean Ella and Drew split before Christmas, second week in December I think, and the blog is almost back up into real time, so that would make it about two months.

Kat- I LOVE hockey up close. I love to watch them slam into each other and the wall and all that jazz. Here in Columbus we have these seats that are right in between where the two teams sit. It's my DREAM to sit there, but as you can imagine, it is CRAZY expensive. I mean it's a pretty good deal, you get four seats, a hockey jersey of your choice (and I believe it's personalized) and I also think you get all you can eat food and drink. Plus the seats are really nice like leather recliners. But needless to say, I don't have that much to spend on hockey tickets.

As far as Utopia, I just don't like the author as a person. I mean I pray that there's nothing wrong with her child again, and if there is, I totally understand, but if not, her attitude just irks me. First, she hasn't said anything since that one update where she said she was running behind. It would be nice to keep up on what's going on, if she's still behind, so people aren't worrying that there IS something wrong with her child (though, to be fair, maybe she updated in the comments, which I refuse to read since the incident.)

Secondly, it's a pet peeve of mine when people make a schedule and then don't stick to it. I get things come up once in awhile, but for the most part it's just my opinion that if you don't have time to stick to a schedule, don't make a schedule.

The person I'm really worried about though, is the woman who writes One Life, One Day. She hasn't updated in AWHILE, and I know she's pregnant and from what I understood it wasn't an easy pregnancy, so I'm hoping nothing happened there.

 

Utopia posted an update... I am slacking alot today allowing me to stalk blogs quite well.

I'm in Vancouver, Canada so hockey tickets here are always expensive... thats if u can even get them. For the NHL games tickets are pretty much all sold out preseason the first day the tickets go on sale.

 

sorry last post was me. - Kat

 

Awww this post was really cute. I really like Seth. :)
-Sheena