An Update

Hey guys-

Sorry it took me so long to update you on Cayden's surgery. We had to be there at 6:30, which meant getting up at 5:30, so I've either spent the day attached to Cayden, or sleeping.

His surgery went very well, but it was a lot harder than I expected, especially when they took him away. He cried, and I knew he was scared so as soon as he couldn't see me anymore, I started crying. Afterward, he was just tired, and he was crying when we went back, but as soon as I picked him up, he fell back asleep. The afternoon has been spent napping and watching movies.

The doctor says he should be up running around by tomorrow, and I hope so. I do love getting in the cuddle time, but I hate seeing him uncomfortable.

As far as relay for life, things are going AMAZING there as well. I signed up on Wednesday I think? Or maybe Thursday... Anyway, in those couple days, I am ALMOST halfway to my goal.

But please, don't think that means we can stop. Just because I set a goal, doesn't mean I can't go past it. And, I'm the ONLY team member to raise any money, so while my personal goal is 200 dollars, my team's goal is 1,000. I'd really LOVE to make it there.

I know a lot of you said you are walking yourself or have donated in your area, and if so, THANK YOU! If you haven't donated, I do have to ask you to PLEASE do so. Trust me, I KNOW money gets tight, so I'm not asking for an 100 dollar donation (but hey, if you have it, we won't turn it away! lol) But if you think about it, 1 dollar from 100 people IS 100 dollars. So really, EVERY mere dollar counts. I know one person mentioned they were out of the country, and the rate exchange was too high. I understand that completely, you don't want to pay more to transfer the money than the actual donation itself, but if there's ANY kind of solution to this, please let me know (I don't know if maybe you could donate to my paypal, and then I could enter the money in your name, or if there's still a transfer fee. I've never been out of the country and never bought anything either, so I have no idea how currency exchange works.)

I was trying to think of something special I could do for my readers that donate as well. If I could give them a "pass" to get an advanced copy of a posting or something? Or maybe even a bonus day or two for everyone if I reach my goal? I don't know, but if you have any suggestions, I would be open to that as well.

And again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to the people who have donated. It means a lot.

5 comments:

Hi. I am glad to hear that Cayden is doing fine after his surgery. If I had a child I know I would hate it if he or she had to get surgery. Good luck to both of you.

 

Hi Laura!

I just wanted to say I have been following your blog for sometime now and I love it.

I am 27 yrs old. I have my own Jason, we broke up about two years ago and we have been dating off and on for nearly 10 years. In the last year, he keeps coming into my life and tells me how much he loves me while having a live in girlfriend the entire time. Once I asked him why we couldn't be together and he told me it was complicated. I made the same mistake Ella did and I feel I am really relate with her. In my defense I was going through some hard times this year with two deaths in my family and a mentor's death. But I know that I can not use that as an excuse for my terrible mistake and I am just to blame as much as he is. I honestly do not think he does love. And I think he just wants to keep me at arms length because he knows I am devoted and giving to him. I am getting over my Jason a little bit everyday and I am sure Ella will do the same. Thanks for giving me someone to relate to because I thought I was the only one in the world.

Sloan

 

Hey Laura! I'm glad to hear that you are getting donations to go towards your goal, and even more happy to hear that Cayden is doing well! I'm sure he will be up and running around and pushing your buttons in no time. =)

As for the boyfriend and I, we are doing well. Some days are better than others, but we have certainly come a long way in the past two months. He tries to hold everything in, and won't talk much about it, but he has broken down a few times with me, which has been good for him. He has such a great group of friends and family that have all been so supportive of him through this, which has been wonderful.

Thanks for checking in!

 

I'm so glad everything went well. I can just imagine how you felt. Take care of your little man.

 

Glad to hear the surgery went well. When they take your baby off to surgery and they are reaching out to you and crying, that has got to be one of the worst feelings ever. mum