Whatever Wednesday: Uh Oh

This weekend was... Busy, and that's putting it lightly. My weekend kind of started Thursday... I woke up, and had a headache, but thought it was because the night before I hadn't slept well. I took my sister to work, and as I was getting Cayden out of the back of the car, I got SUPER sick to my stomach and I was like "Wow, I'm going to throw up." I get in the house and I do throw up a little. So. I start thinking that the headache must be due to the fact that I'm getting sick. I laid down on the couch, planning on having a TV day with Cayden, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open, I was SO sick to my stomach, and I couldn't stop shaking. So I emailed Jeremy and asked him to come home, and he did. I got to rest, and that was nice, but I felt horrible about him having to take the time off work. Well, after I woke up from my nap, I felt even worse than I did before. My head was so congested and I was still so cold. That night I wasn't able to sleep at all, because every time I laid down my head just filled with... crap, and I couldn't breathe.

At 6:30 Friday morning I FINALLY fell asleep. Needless to say, Jeremy called off Friday as well. I got to sleep in till noon, which was nice, but I still only got 5 and 1/2 hours of sleep, which isn't good. We laid around the house for awhile, and I started to feel better. We got our tax money, so Jeremy wanted to check out this car place we had heard about.

I went. I shouldn't have, because I still felt awful, but... He had called off work 2 days, and was so excited about car shopping. I thought it wouldn't be that hard, I mean, all I had to do was sit there, right?

Ugh. SO stressful. The car place was HORRIBLE. First of all, our salesmen? Was awful. He not only spent the majority of time on his cell phone, but he lit up and was smoking, right next to Cayden! Then he was just kind of pushy... Which I get with car salesmen, but most of them have a way of at least seeming polite. He showed us this car, and it had pretty much nothing that we wanted, other than it was an SUV. When I said I didn't want to test drive it (I just hated the way it looked, and I wasn't ready to be less picky until I knew for sure we didn't have any other options.) he looked at me and was like "well the best way to find out if you like a car is to drive it. You can't tell just by looking at it." Which, it's like, if I don't like the look of it, why am I gonna want to drive it? My old car drove pretty well, I just hated the way it looked (and it was old, I was constantly worried it would break down.)

We test drove it, and the damn car was broken! Like a warning light on and everything! It just seemed like every car on the lot we looked at had something obviously wrong with it. We even asked him to look at this Vue and he TOLD us he felt like something was wrong with it. If you think somethings wrong with it, why are you selling it??? Then the salesmen just seemed to be dragging his ass and taking his sweet time with everything, and didn't have any idea what he had on the lot. We saw some Pilots and he had no clue they had them. Then he kept telling us "I'll be right back, I'm going to see how much those Pilots are" and disappearing, only to come back a little while later and say "Oh, I'll be right back, just gonna go check on those pilots" Like, we felt totally ignored.

Needless to say, we left the lot. Only it took us seriously another hour to leave, because they guy kept leaving to go "check" on something else. I was SO frustrated. I'm happy to say though, that we stopped by another lot, and ended up finding the perfect car. I'm now a proud owner of a Chevy Equinox. It's beautiful :-)

What else is going on? Not much. Cayden's surgery is supposed to be Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't get sick before that, especially with me being sick, and he was with my Mom who also has a cold.

Here's the deal with that though... I'm going to try to write way ahead so that if Cayden needs a ton of attention, I won't be slacking. I HAD written ahead, but then I got sick, which meant I couldn't write and then kind of fell behind, and I fell behind on my housework too, and I fell behind on my gym routine as well. So basically, I'm back to not being sure how it's going to go. The house is first and foremost, it's currently a wreck. Then comes the gym, just because I've lost weight already and I don't want to fall behind and slack, though I go to the gym in the evenings so that shouldn't be too much of an issue, though if they close daycare, I'll have to work out at home. So. I don't know. Basically, what I'm saying is, if you don't hear from me, that's why.

I'm also looking into doing some volunteer work with Relay for Life, which raises money for the American Cancer Society. I'm pretty excited about that, I love volunteer work and just haven't done much lately. Plus, as I've mentioned before, I have a friend who's going through cancer right now, and I'd like to support her in any way that I can.

Other than that, I'm wishing I could go back to not wanting anything, lol. It used to be whenever anyone asked me what to get for a present, I couldn't come up with anything, but now... I want everything, and I feel so greedy. I have a lot, I should be happy with it, but there's this little thing in the back of my head that keeps telling me I need more stuff.

The latest thing I'm wanting is a Gowear Fit. Anyone who watches Biggest Loser will know what it is, (Well, they'll know the BodyBugg, but it does the same thing, and is actually made by the same company.) You wear it on your arm all day (but not in water) and it tells you how many calories you burn throughout the day. For me, numbers are important, and I feel like this would help me a lot, especially when I can't make it to the gym (this week is has been the massive amounts of snow keeping me at home, and next week it'll be Cayden's surgery keeping him out of daycare.) I still work out at home, but I don't know how many calories I'm burning while I do it. And even when I use equipment at the gym... It's not all that accurate. Especially when it doesn't take into consideration my height, weight, and sex.

Of course it's expensive. Normally I have no problem buying used, which would save me some money, but this time it won't, because if you buy a used one (at least a used Bodybugg, I assume since the Gowear is made by the same company, it will too.) when you register the product (and you have to register it to use it) they charge you an additional 150 bucks (bull, I know. I don't love their ethics) At that rate, I might as well buy new, which is probably their whole strategy. I can get a new one on ebay for relatively cheap, but it's still expensive.

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to do it the old fashion way. I know it sounds dumb, but I figure a lot of women splurge on purses and shoes... And I don't. I don't even splurge on clothes for myself. So.

What about you guys? An unattainable (or attainable) splurges?

7 comments:

About the working out thing, I was using myfitnesspal.com It tracks the calories that you eat and also it can track (by weight, height, sex, etc) how much you lose when you work out. Other people input what they lost by say walking 30 minutes on a treadmill and have already calculated the calories burned. That might help in the meantime and it's FREE!! Also, if you track your food intake on there and you work out it will tell you how much you will lose in 5 weeks or how much you will weigh, I forget which one. You might want to try it out before spending a ton of money on other thing (I forgot what you called it). I have to lose like 15 pounds for a wedding in July. A lot of time, I know, but because it's so far away I'm not motivated at all. Good Luck with the weight loss and I hope your son's surgery goes well :)

 

A bodybug would be a nice investment. I love how they tell you if you've burned more than you've taken in. Might have to check out the website Katie recommended.

Also, I'm driving a 2007 Equinox that we bought new. I'm very happy with it. I have a 5 year old and a 10 year old who, I think are going to be pretty tall like their dad, and there is plenty of grow room. The storage in the back is good, too. I hope yours is good to you.

Good luck with Cayden's surgery. Each of mine had tubes, (twice because they outgrew the first pair and they fell out but they still got infections) and we never had any complications. Take care. mum

 

Katie- I'm using Sparkpeople.com, and it can estimate how much I've burn using my height, weight, and sex, but it's still an estimate because they don't know how hard I really was exercising (I mean they have levels, like moderate biking, fast biking... But my idea of fast and theirs might differ.) And they also don't know what my heart rate was, so it's still just a guess. And at the gym, while the machines DO know how fast I'm going, and I can check my heart rate, it's still a guess because a.) I don't hold the heart rate monitors all the time, since that can affect your workout negatively, and b.) a lot of the machines don't make me enter height, weight, and sex. Plus, on sparkpeople at least, they don't always have the information for the workouts I do. Like I do Cardioke at home on snow days, and they don't have that in their search engine.

The thing that's nice about the gowear/bodybugg is that it tracks me ALL the time. They even track you when you're sleeping, because you burn calories all the time. SO I would know exactly how many calories I burned in a day.

The plus side to it, is because I'm so overweight, I can get our FSA card to pay for at least the monthly subscription, maybe even the whole shebang, which would be nice.

Mum- We need to take it back to the dealer to have the Equinox looked at, we're having some minor issues with it, that I hope are just minor things. I don't think it's the car's fault (if that makes any sense) I just don't think the person who had it before us maintained it very well, and my husband thinks it may have sat on the lot of a little bit. But other than that, I love the look of it, I love the space... I just wish it had a third row, is all, for future little ones.

 

Since everyone is recommending sites- I used the daily plate on livestrong.com it will calcualte (based on height and weight and activity level) how many calories to eat and then it has a database of how many calories are in a ton of foods and it can tell you based on your weight how many calories you burn from certain activities. It really helped me lose weight!! I think you should at least check it out!

 

Jana- I mean, Sparkpeople does all that. They tell me how many calories I need to eat to lose weight, how many calories I need to burn to lose weight, they have a food library and I track my food there, and I can look up exercises, but again, no matter what site you use, it's just going to be an estimate on how many you're actually burning. With a gowear/bodybugg, it knows how hard you're working, and tells you how many calories you're burning. Plus, like I said before, I don't enter when I walk up there stairs to put my son to bed, the bodybugg/gowear will tell me how much I'm actually burning in a day, doing everyday things, like laundry or carrying my son around.

 

i know its not even remotely the same but in the meantime what about a pedometer? Then you can make it a goal to walk 10,000 steps per day (i think thats what they recommend), it could be good motivation to move more during the day! and they are pretty cheap for a basic model, or can pay a bit more for a model that tracks calories (i think?)

 

I like to use the daily plate as well, plus I get great meal ideas from the forums, I would recommend hte site just for that aspect.
Kat