Whatever Wednesdays: Pictures because I have nothing.

Hey guys!

Today's my two year wedding anniversary!!! Whoo-hoo! I was supposed to celebrate it by having a doctor's appointment (just a check up. I haven't had a family doctor in years, and every time I get sick I think of how badly I need one. So, I got one.) but I canceled it because I heard we were supposed to get snow. I don't drive in the snow.

But I AM spending it at the gym, because we have our free session with the trainer. Ugh.

So let's talk Relay. You guys? Are amazing. Seriously. Last I checked, I'm at 265 dollars, in under a week! Still, as I said in my earlier post, now you guys have inflated my head, and I would like to see how much money we can raise. I'm 200 dollars short of being the top participator. Do you guys think I can get there? If you haven't donated, and would like too (or if you would like to donate more, you can!) the link is www.relayforlife.org/dublin Search for my name, Laura Erwin. If you have donated, please check with your work's HR department. A lot of place will match donations, and that would be amazing! You can also buy a Luminaria in honor of someone who has fought cancer, or who has died because of cancer. The relay is an all night event, so when it gets dark, the luminaria's get lit. For those of you who don't know what luminaria's are, they're the bags with the candles in them that are lit. http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?sid=1014&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=23534 there's more information, and you can also credit our team or myself with the donation. I'm going to have some done as well.

I'm also going to try to do other types of Fundraising. A lot of you have sent me hints and recipes, and so I'm waiting to hear back from Walmart to see if maybe we could have a bake sale outside of their building. I'm also doing an event in a couple of weeks with the relay for life called the Blarney Hop, and any money our team raises we get to keep. (Well, not keep, but it gets credited to our team.)

I'll keep you guys updated on how it's going.

Let's see, what else is going on? Not a lot. Cayden's pretty much back to normal, only we can't let him run around shirtless, because he sees his bandage and tries to pull it off. We took him back to daycare yesterday, which I was worried about. But he did fine. We also gave him his first bath yesterday.

Pictures of the little guy's big day :

Photobucket

This was EARLY in the AM, when we were getting ready to go. As you can see, Cayden was passed out!

Photobucket

The cute scrubs they had him wear. He was crying in this picture... They had just taken his blood-ox level, and while it didn't hurt, he just didn't like it!

Photobucket

He was watching TV before they took him back. That's his hippo, Wade (we also call him a Schluffy.)

Photobucket

Finally! A Smile! I think the first and only one that morning, lol.

Photobucket

After :-( He was crying when we came back, they handed him to me, and he passed back out. The only thing I liked about it was he was SO cuddly the rest of the day!

Photobucket

Don't worry, Wade made it through OK too!



I think that's all I got for you guys today. I still need suggestions though, on what you guys think a good reward would be for being so awesome and helping me raise all that money!

Last but not least, I wanted to tell you guys about ebates. If you shop online a lot, you should sign up for it! They have a list of stores (and I haven't really looked too much into it, but I glanced at the list and saw walmart.com, target.com, bestbuy.com, and buy.com, as well as places to book hotels and rent cars, like expedia, and budget) Anyway, you go to the site before you shop online, click on the link to go to that store, and then you get a certain percentage of cash back from your purchase. It's usually only a small amount, like 1% or 2%, but I mean, it's still saving money. Then at the end of the quarter, you request a check, and then send it to you. It's only worth it if you shop online and when you sign up you'll get 5 dollars bonus. They DO send me emails, but not spam, so. You don't have to sign up, but I get a bonus if you do, but even if I didn't, I think it's a pretty cool site and since it's recommended by Freebies4mom, I trust it. (Check out her blog, http://freebies4mom.com/ She always has legit free samples, coupons, stuff like that. Or friend her on facebook, Freebies4mom. Even if you're not a mom you can join!)

Anyway, ebates. My refferal link is: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yVeVNA%2BxNf8PgHgixqDiyQ%3D%3D

Check it out! :-)

5 comments:

Oh my gawd those pictures were pitiful and adorable at the same time! He is so cute! :) Glad he and Wade both did well. he he

I don't know if you have facebook or not, but if you do, have you considered putting your relay link on there? Sounds like you're doin' a great job...good for you!

Oh and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

 

hey laura, i tried to click into that link you posted, and it looks like it's freebiesformom.blogspot.com, not blogspot.com/freebiesformom

 

ooh, i lied, found it through facebook! here it is: http://freebies4mom.com/

thanks, laura!

 

Thanks Anon! I'll go in and edit the blog so it's the correct address!

 

Happy Anniversary!! Cayden looks so cute in the little yellow scrubs! Glad everything went well for him and Wade! :)