Two Quick things

Hey guys-

I know I talked before about how I wanted to do Relay for life. There are a couple different reasons: One, I'm on this weight loss kick, and I figured it would be a good way to exercise. And secondly, well, it's just a great cause.

Relay for life is done by the American Cancer Society to raise money for cancer research/awareness. I think it's really important because I think cancer is such a widespread thing. I don't think I've ever met someone who says they haven't known someone who has or has had Cancer. My Mother had cancer, my Uncle had prostate cancer, my Aunt found a lump in her breast which luckily turned out NOT to be cancer. My Grandmother died after she had surgery for her colon cancer, I have a friend right now with cancer. The list could go on longer.

I'm asking everyone for donations right now. I know money is tight for a lot of us (myself included) but I figured I probably have at least 100 readers (I mean 57 of your are followers, and I know I have some people who comment who aren't followers, and I figure there are people out there who read and don't follow and don't comment as well.) If each of you donated JUST two dollars, then I'd EASILY reach my goal of 200 dollars.

You can donate at this link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=pfind&fr_id=23534 you can either donate to my team (Blooms For Hope) or to me (Laura Erwin) Just search one of those two things.

If you are in the area and would like to join my team, feel free as well! You just go to relayforlife.org/dublin and click the sign up button. Then click join a team and search for Blooms for hope.

The second thing I wanted to update you guys on, is we got the time for Cayden's surgery. 8:30 AM, so if you guys could send thoughts/prayers out at that time, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!!!

7 comments:

You're doing a great thing with Relay for life. I would love to give you a few dollars, but that costs me 15 euros extra (idiotic charges for international bank transfer).

 

I would love to donate, but we are doing Relay for Life here in Texas in memory of Aaron's mom who we just lost to colon cancer (thanks again for all yours prayers) and our funds are all going towards our personal goal.

So happy to hear that you are participating as well.

 

I put in a small donation, let us know when things are getting closer if you need more to meet your goal.
Kat

 

As a cancer survivor, I'm very involved in many cancer awareness programs. Like someone else said, I've already donated in my own area. However, I wish you luck.

And all my thoughts and prayers will be going out to Cayden and your family.

 

Thank you guys for at least the thought, and of course, if you've already donated in your area, that's amazing as well (after all, it's all going to the same place!)

Leilani- How are you and your boyfriend doing, by the way?

 

Positive thoughts for Cayden! Keep us posted on how he's doing. xoxox

 

Laura,

I donated to you. I did Relay for Life once and I felt amazing after just knowing that I was doing something that would make a difference.

Also, each year on Mother's Day my family and friends participate in a breast cancer walk in memory of my best friend's mother.

I know that every little bit helps. I hope that you make your goal and if you don't please let us know before the event!