Cuz if I do then I'll probably regret it... And if I don't, I'll probably regret it

I turned on my heel without saying a word, and headed back into the club. I know Matt was trying to follow me, to make sure I was OK, but I was too fast for him. I was able to slip through the wall of bodies, where as he with his larger frame was not. I headed straight to the bar, throwing back a drink and ordering two more for the road. I carried them in hand out to the dance floor, where I lost myself in the loud music and the crowd of bodies.

I spent most of the night that way, alternating between the bar and the dance floor. I don’t know how many drinks I had, but I can tell you, I for sure was not drinking responsibly.

At one point, Drew found me.

“C’mon Ella, it’s time to go. Give me your keys and I’ll give you a ride home.”

“You can take my keys,” I said, slurring and throwing my whole purse at him. “But I’m not going anywhere with you.”

He sighed. “Ella I’m tired, and I have to get up early tomorrow to work on the house. I can’t deal with an emotional temper tantrum right now. Can we please just go?”

“I told you. I’m not going anywhere with you. I don’t need you to deal with me. I’m a grown ass woman and I am fine, just fine on my own.”

“Ella…”

“I saw you Drew. I saw you kiss her. After all that ‘I’m going to wait for you crap.’ You weren’t going to wait at all. I can’t blame you for that, I know it’s unfair to ask anyone to wait. But the thing is Drew, I didn’t ask you to wait. You volunteered, and it’s like, after freaking out on me about not being honest to you, you turn around and lie to me? How could you?”

“You know Ella, I’m really tired of all your little pity-parties. I wish you didn’t have to see that, I know it had to have hurt, but Jesus, it’s not always about you. I met someone, yes, I liked her. She’s the first girl I’ve liked besides you. She’s single, she’s available, so I’m just supposed to pass that by on the off chance that you are going to wake up and realize how perfect we are for each other? I did that my whole life. I’m tired of that!” He yelled back.

“WHATEVER. Just take my car and leave me alone!” I shouted.

He sighed disgustedly, and shaking his head turned to walk away.

“Oh, and I told Seth you’d take her home. But I’m sure you were already planning on doing that anyway!” I shot at his back.

I went to the bar, desperately needing another drink. I wanted to drink to the point of black out. I know that was dangerous, but honestly at this point I just didn’t care. However, during my dancing, I had missed the last call, and the bar was closed except for non-alcoholic drinks, which I had no interest in.

Jason found me a little while later, sitting on a bar stool, staring out into space. I had been thinking about my life, trying to pinpoint where it all went wrong. I was retracing my steps, trying to decide what decisions I could have made to have a happier outcome. Would I have ended up with Jason? Or was I supposed to go through all that so I could end up with Drew? If I had been honest with Drew with the whole Jason thing, would we still be together? Or was that just a lame copout on Drew’s part? It’s like everything I thought I knew was different.

“Hey.” He approached carefully.

“Look, you can come, you can talk to me, you can be my friend. But Jason, please don’t make any moves on me. I can’t handle that right now, I can’t deal, so just don’t, OK?”

“OK. Sounds fair.” He said, sliding on the bar stool next to me. “Wanna talk about it?” He asked.

I was shaking my head no, but then words started spilling out of my mouth. “It’s just not fair. You know, with you, I just have so many regrets. I mean, I still have feelings for you Jason, and I think maybe I always will, but then there’s just so much… Stuff. Things to get over, baggage to carry, and I just don’t know with all that if we could ever make an honest go of things. And I have real feelings for Drew, but again, there’s just so much past with us, and I don’t know if he can ever get over you being around. I feel so… Lied too, as well. I mean he spilled all this stuff about waiting for me, and I thought I had time to figure things out. I realize how selfish that sounds, but I wasn’t the one to suggest it. He came to me. And it’s not like he’s been waiting for years, or even months. He said that stuff like a week ago. It just makes me doubt everything. But then, on the other hand, one of my biggest regrets with you is that I didn’t fight for you, that we never really tried, and I worry that I’ll make that same mistake with Drew and end up with nothing but regrets like I have with you. Finally, there’s Seth, and he’s amazing, but it’s like, do I give up something I know I have with Drew or you for a chance on something new? But maybe that’s what I need. Maybe I need a fresh start. It’s all just so confusing and hard and it seems no matter what I do I’m hurting, and hurting other people and I just want it to stop.” I said, breaking down into sobs.

Jason didn’t say anything, just wrapped his arms around me and brought me to his chest. He stroked my hair and kissed my forehead, but didn’t try to push anything beyond that. It really made me feel like Jason had grown up. The old Jason I don’t think would have had any problem taking advantage of this situation.

“I don’t know what to tell you, Ella. I wish I had answers for you. I don’t. You and I were both young, we both made a lot of mistakes because that’s what young people do. I still hope that one day we’ll be together, but maybe that won’t happen, or maybe it just needs to happen years from now, after time has given us space to get over some old wounds. As far as Drew… I don’t know. I think he’s hurt and confused too, and he’s just not sure what to do or how to handle things. I think if you think Seth is a good guy, and you’re attracted to him, you should give him a chance. Forget about me, forget about Drew. Try it with Seth. If it doesn’t work out, maybe we’ll still be here. And if we’re not, I have no doubt that you’ll meet someone new. You need to stop and realize the reason why so many guys love you Ella is that you’re simply amazing.”

We sat there for a little while longer, me sniffling and Jason holding me. It was nice. It felt almost like a new chapter in our relationship was opening up, and I saw a flicker of hope that maybe Jason and I could be something again, maybe not together, but at the very least friends.

“C’mon sugar, it’s late, and I promised Drew I’d get you home safe. He took Jarren, Matt, and Christi home.”

“I’ll bet he took her home.” I grumbled. Jason ignored me.

We drove home in silence, and when we arrived home, Jason helped me, stumbling up the stairs, into the house where Matt was waiting. With a quick hug and a promise to check on me tomorrow, Jason left.

“Rough night?” Matt asked, sympathetically but obviously intoxicated himself.

“Yes. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” I said, groaning and crawling on the couch with him. I laid my head on his shoulder. “How’d things go with Jarren.”

“Good. I asked her out again. We’ll see how it goes. It’s hard to get to know someone in a noisy club.”

“Apparently Drew had no problem doing it.” I said bitterly, fresh tears springing to my eyes all over again.

“Oh Ella, it’s not your fault. You didn’t do anything wrong…” He said, pulling me to him so I was half in his lap.

“I know.” I said, wiping tears from my eyes and settling against his chest. “It’s just a sucky situation. I’m tired of being in sucky situations.” I sighed, and rested my head against his.

“You deserve better, you know.”

“I know. It’s hard to let go of someone though, when they’d been a part of your life for so long.”

We sat together for a moment, both of us quiet. It was nice, being in Matt’s arms, snuggling. I felt a lot better, cozy.

“So, on a happier note, did you kiss her goodnight?” I asked.

“Nope. No goodnight kiss for me.” He mock pouted. “It was just weird, a group of us rode home together, it was too weird to do it with a car full of people watching.”

“Aw, I’m sorry. I ruined that.”

“No, even if you had driven us home, it still would have been a car full of people. Like I said before, there’s always next time. More talking, less drinking.”
“It still sucks. No action on your birthday.”

“I know.” He answered. “It’s been awhile. I’m kinda glad I didn’t go home though. It would have been hard not to call Kellie for a booty call. I don’t want to go there with her. I was half tempted to call Amber, but even I’m not drunk enough for that.” He joked.

“Ah, Amber. I told you she was a whore.”

“Yes, dear.” He joked, “you’re always right after all.”

“Hey!” I shouted, pretending to be angry. “I am always right!” And to make sure he remembered that, I gave him a pinch on the arm.

“Ohhh, now you’ve started it!” He said, pushing me back on the couch.

“No! It’s fair! It’s your birthday! A pinch to grow an inch!” I shouted, laughing as he started tickling me.

We squirmed together on the couch, wrestling. At first it was just playing, and then suddenly, it turned into something else. I was aware of Matt’s body pressed against mine, aware of the spark and the ache I felt every time I felt it move against mine.

He stopped suddenly, breathing hard and looking into my eyes. I knew it was coming, but I couldn’t figure out how to stop it, and couldn’t even think clearly enough to know if I wanted to stop it.

“You’re beautiful.” He mumbled, gently pulling his fingers through my hair. His hand rested on the side of my face, and slowly, he leaned down and kissed me.

The spark I felt the first time we touched coursed through my body, and for a second, I got lost in it, reaching up to tangle my own fingers in his hair. We kissed for awhile, our tongues exploring and his arousal growing against me. It was when I felt his cold fingers touch my stomach that I sobered up, very quickly.

“Matt, I can’t do this.” I said, pulling away and squirming out from under him.

19 comments:

Oh, no... that's all I can say...

 

Oh, jeez. So in one night she was grinding on Seth on the dance floor, jealous that Drew was kissin on a new girl, feeling a new potential with Jason, and getting a little close with Matt. Ella needs to get away from all of them. She needs to go somewhere alone. Truly alone. There's no way she's going to be able to choose anyone without wondering 'what if'. mum

 

Ella is still very immature. She hasn't got her hormones in control! If Seth finds out about that kiss, it'll be over between them.

 

Less of a rant today, but still a bit of one.

1. Yeah, Drew's line about family keeping him from dating was complete bullshit... Ella needs to keep herself more where she is and let him go.

2. Jason actually was pretty decent with the whole direct telling her to give Seth a shot and while doing so not let herself get worked up about him and Drew. I doubt she really felt romantic potential but the combo of being drunk and having Jason not be an ass made her wish kinda.

3. Matt was an asshole. Plans on having another date with Jarren, making a whole spiel about how going home to hook up with someone would be wrong, knowing that Ella was messed up about Drew and being drunk, and knowing she's seeing someone... bullshit that he started kissing her. Props for Ella stopping him even if it took a little while because of being drunk but his action of doing this while she was drunk is taking advantage of her and makes him in my mind no better than the assholes who screw a girl who is seriously drunk. He can go to hell.

 

Did Drew REALLY say he wasn't waiting around for Ella to realize how perfect they are for each other? Seriously? This seperation is HIS choice!!! What a jackass move.

 

Wow Drew has lost his gleam, he is starting to act like every other guy. Jason maybe more mature but that is because he is trying to get something, no telling how fast he may or may not revert to old Jason once he gets it.

Here is the thing with Seth, they just EARLIER spoke about how they are NOT in the relationship with the title but seeing as she lives with the guy and all I doubt this will be good. Poor Seth this can not work out well for him. How is she going to explain this I saw Drew kissing your friend and got totally wasted then Matt kissed me. Ella has some issues here that desperately need straightening out.

 

Hmmm. 1st I know this is bad, but damn I got all caught up in the moment and wanted it to happen lol. I mean Seth and Ella are not in a relationship, she doesn't need to tell him or anyone else about her and Matt's kiss. And in Matt's defense, he's secretly in love with Ella, his only dating Jarren to make Ella jealous, not a good decision no, but he doesn't have alot of experience in the dating world. I am glad Ella came to her senses it just would have made everything more complicated than it already is. My advise to Ella would be to not get too involved with Seth. She should just tell him, she's not ready for a relationship but would still like to go out with him. Drew, as much as I loved him, I think she should forget about being with him too. Jason gave her the best advise of anyone.

 

Oh and I don't think Matt was trying to take advantage of Ella, he's as mixed up as she is and he was drunk too. They do need to have a serious talk when they both sober up.

 

OK, who didn't see that eventually coming? Ah to be young and Ella. LOL I feel bad for Seth if this is how she behaves when he's not there, off on some emergency.

 

As much as I love Drew his comment makes no sense. He is the one who wanted them to see other people but now he is saying how he isn't going to just wait around for Ella to see how perfect they are for eachother? It just doesn't make sense unless Drew is upset that she moved on so fast and having that in his face daily that he is talking out his ass.

And Jason may have matured but I still think there is way too much history and pain there. I would like for them to be friends though.

And I don't know about Matt. He planned another date with Jarren, almost called up psycho Amber, and then he acted on his secret attraction to Ella (which isn't so secret now). At least Ella came to her senses in time. Still going to be pretty awkward though.

I think Ella needs to go on a vacation away from everyone and do some thinking about what she wants. She is bouncing all over the place.

 

I agree with Laura. I think they are all good guys with Flaws. Jason just became a decent guy in my eyes. I have to get used to that. Drew told them they needed some time apart because he wasn't sure if she was truly over Jason. Truth is it probably was for the best. You don't want someone coming in between your relationship. I do think she should move on from Drew though but maybe in the future they both will get their act together who knows. I'm still rooting for them. Matt always had feelings for Ella and Ella maybe the other way around. So things were only gonna heat up at some point when both guards are down. He is new at dating but I don't think he should
date Jarren to make Ella jealous. I don't think he should wait for Ella either. He should tell her how he feels and be done with it. Let her open the door to that one at her own risk. I do think she should go away with some girlfriends. Do a road trip or something with none of those guys around. I think she needs to get some of those doors close in the relationship department before opening one. I like Seth but at the same time I think she needs toreally move on so she can focus on him and only him. If by any chance she realizes the only one she really want is Drew than she needs to fight for him.

 

Waiting to see what Seth's emergency was...maybe Chloe? I am still rooting for Seth or Jason. (Despite all the crap, I still like Jason. I guess I just always remember prom)

 

Still on team Jason (since the beginning!), but I think Ella should put Drew and Matt out of her mind and give Seth a chance.
Eventually, I'm hopeful Jason and Ella will be together.

I'm agreed on Ella needing a vacation, and some GIRL FRIENDS! Not that Toni isn't great, but Ella needs some girls that are at the same stage in life as her. Jarren doesn't count.

 

I am still on Team Drew. I really hope him and Ella work things out.

 

Oh no we are choosing teams. I can't choice any of them right now. I'm as mixed up as Ella lol.

 

Team Drew for Life!!!!

 

Team Drew! Although, I know they won't get back together for a long time.

 

Still Team Drew...it's just going to take awhile.

 

I'm team Harry/Ginny. Wait, wrong story. How about... team Edward? Nope, wrong story again. I guess I'll go with Jason.

P.S. I liked Edward better when he was Cedric. TEAM CEDRIC!!!