I don't want nobody else lovin' you

Edit: I forgot to remind anyone who hasn't checked since Thursday that Friday I put up THREE new posts to make up for the posts we missed while I was sick. So if you haven't read those yet, please go back and make sure that you do so you're all caught up!!!


Dinner was surprisingly fun and relaxed. I know sometimes when you get a group of people together from different circles of friends, it can be awkward. People can stay in their own cliques and as the host who sort of knows everyone, you have to float from group to group. But, it wasn’t like that at all. We had a few people from work, a few of Matt’s other friends, Seth’s friends, Jarren and some of her friends, and then my boys. The conversation flowed easily, the group intermingled within each other, and various funny stories were passed around.

After dinner we said goodbye to Nick, and a few of the other guests who didn’t want to head out to the clubs. I was half surprised when Drew didn’t try to weasel out as well. I hadn’t paid much attention to him all night, and I didn’t know he had gotten over whatever he was pouting about earlier or not. Before we left the restaurant, Jarren and I are a few of the girls made our way to the bathroom to freshen up before we headed out.

“Ohh Ella. You get lucky every time. First Jason, who isn’t bad looking, then Drew, who REALLY isn’t bad looking, but now Seth? Wow. That’s all I have to say.” Jarren commented.

“You dated Drew?” Julie, one of Jarren’s friends asked.

“Yeah.” I answered, choosing not to say much else about it.

“Oh. How long ago?” She asked.

I tried not to get defensive or possessive. I knew she was probably asking because she wanted to make a move. It was hard to keep my claws in, but I knew that wasn’t fair. I was dating someone else, so why shouldn’t Drew? Besides, not to sound catty or anything, but I highly doubt he’d be interested.

“Couple months. We broke up the beginning of December.” I tried to keep my voice neutral as I applied some more mascara in the mirror.

“That’s surprising.” She answered.

“Julie!” Jarren hissed, shooting her friend a look. I’ll admit, I was a little offended myself.

“No. No. I didn’t mean it like that!” She said quickly. “Honestly. It’s just he and that Christi girl seems so close, I thought they were dating.”

“Oh… No. He just met her today…” I said, again trying to appear calm and normal. Really, my heart felt like it was being squeezed so tight, I was surprised I was still able to breathe.

I panicked a little bit more when I remembered what Seth had said earlier that night. That I reminded him of Christi. Did Drew feel the same way? Would he fall in love with her since he couldn’t have me? Did all this panic I was feeling mean that I should dump Seth and try to get back with Drew, before it was too late? My head was spinning, I didn’t know what to do. Again, it was a choice of who to love, and I just couldn’t make a decision, and I was so terrified that I wouldn’t be able to reach one, and one would be made for me. The wrong one. I was also scared that I would be able to reach one, and it would also be the wrong one.

“Ella, are you listening?” Jarren broke in.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I said, smiling. “In another place…”

“I said, do you think Matt really likes me? I mean he hasn’t really spoken to me all night…”

“I think he likes you. He said he did. I just think it’s hard, it’s dinner, there’s a lot of people here, he’s kind of the center of attention so he’s trying to pay attention to everyone…”

“But I look OK, right?” She asked, smoothing a hand over her dress.

“You look great. Now let’s get back out there before they start to think we fell in!” I joked.

We headed out to our separate cars to head over to the club. I made a point to grab Matt and get him and Jarren to ride with us. They talked easily in the backseat, and I was relieved. Part of me was afraid Matt might snub Jarren, and I would end up looking like the bad guy who set her up to fail.

“So. Your friends get along with mine. That’s good, huh?” I asked Seth, unable to stop myself.

“Yeah. They seem to really like each other. They like you too.” He said, reaching over and holding my hand.

I wanted to ask about Christi… See if maybe he had noticed something between her and Drew, but I knew there was no way to bring it up without sounding really jealous.

We got to the club and honestly I wasn’t really in the mood anymore. But, I knew that if I acted upset, the reason would be obvious. Not only that, but I really did want Matt to have a good time. He could have gone home this weekend and spent his birthday with the friends he’s known his entire life and his family, but instead he chose to stay here and help out. I appreciate that, and I knew I owed him one. I started watching Christi and Drew, and sure enough, they stuck around each other all night. Christi was clearly flirting, and while I wasn’t sure if Drew was flirting back or not (I had honestly never really seen him flirt with another girl before.) He also didn’t look uncomfortable. In fact, he looked happy. I had to make myself stop watching, so to keep my mind off them, I started drinking and dancing.

Seth and I hit the dance floor, and just like I have never dated anybody as gorgeous as he was, I had never dated anyone who could dance like he could. I should have known, I obviously met him because he was teaching my kids a type of dance, but I guess I just didn’t think about it. Even though I wasn’t the best dancer, he took me in his arms and was able to guide me. But being that close to his body was difficult for me, and quite frankly I couldn’t keep my hands off of him. Between the alcohol and the way he was making me feel, it wasn’t hard to forget about Drew and Christi.

“You’re coming home with me tonight, aren’t you?” I whispered huskily in his ear as he pulled me close.

“Is that an invitation, or a demand?” He asked, running his hands up my sides and sending a chill through me.

“Mmm… Little of both?” I said, leaning in to kiss him.

Just then, I felt a buzzing vibration against my leg.

“Is that your phone, or are you just really excited to be spending the night tonight?” I asked.

“Mmm, little of both?” He repeated, smiling back. He pulled out his phone to turn it off, but when he saw the number across the screen, her frowned. “I’m really sorry sweetheart, I’ve got to check this. You don’t mind, do you?” He asked.

“No, go ahead.” I answered. He kissed my forehead and headed to the patio, where it would be much quieter.

I used this time to glance around, and was both a little relieved and a little scared to see that Christi and Drew were nowhere in sight. Where were they? I shook my head, deciding to not worry about it. Why did I care after all? I had Seth, and even after I told him the whole horrible drama filled story of Jason, Drew and I he still wanted to stick around. He was a good guy, one who I didn’t have such a complicated past with. Maybe that’s what I really needed, a fresh start with someone new.

I was happy to see Jarren and Matt on the dance floor, looking rather close, but again, felt a pang of jealous. Though again, I shook it off. It sounds conceited but I think I was just so used to guys fighting over me that now it was hard when they didn’t. That was juvenile and selfish though, I didn’t need everyone to want me.

Seth came back a few minutes later, looking distracted and worried.

“I’m so sorry, I have to go, there’s a bit of an emergency…”

“Is everything OK?” I asked.

“I’m not sure, I just need to go home and check… Can you make it home alright? You shouldn’t drive, you’ve been drinking… Can I give you money for a cab?”

“No, I’ll just find Drew or someone. I’m sure he hadn’t been drinking.”

“Alright. Well…”

I kissed him. “Go ahead and go, Seth. It’ll be OK. Call me and let me know how things are, and if I can do anything.”

“Thank you. I will. Can you see if Drew will give Christi a ride home too? She drove my car and I’ll need to take it.”

“Sure thing.” I said, smiling. Great, a car ride home with the two of them.

After Seth left, I went over to Jarren and Matt on the dance floor.

“Hey guys, I’m going to cut out. Seth had to leave on an emergency and so…”

“You OK to drive? You look a little…”

“Drunk.” Jarren finished for him.

“I’m just gonna find Drew and see if he can give me a lift home. Seth asked for him to take Christi home too, since she drove his car.”

“Oh… Well, I’ll help you find them. I saw them headed outside, I could use a little fresh air.” He turned to Jarren. “I’ll be right back, OK?” He asked.

“Sure thing.” She said, smiling back at him.

We went outside, the cool air and the quiet hitting us both at once. I shivered as my ears rang, looking around to see if I could spot them.

“Ella.” Matt said suddenly. “Why don’t I just call you a cab? You look tired, and that way you don’t have to spend all this time waiting…”

That’s when I turned and saw what he must have been trying to protect me from.
Drew and Christi, leaning against a wall, kissing.

19 comments:

I think Ella is making a big deal out of nothing. They agreed to move on and date other people, and she can't even make up her mind who she really wants to be with - she has no right to be jealous.

 

I know my opinion isn't going to be popular, but I'm having a hard time liking Ella right now. Maybe she doesn't mean to be playing games, but she is. There was no way all of them working on the house together or even going out together is going to turn out OK. She's got Seth for the moment, but is jealous over Matt, Jason, and Drew. I'm so glad Nick is married. I don't know. I know it's hard to pick, and like she said herself, they might make the decision for her. mum

 

hm.. I kind of understand what Ella is feeling. Drew was acting jealous too when he knew she had a date.. they're both jealous. It's hard when you're supposed to move on, and you see the person you really want with someone else..it is hard, but i hope she doesn't freak out over this.. cause she was just doing the same thing with Seth.. even though it can't feel nice.. she needs to control that jealousy

 

I used to love Drew and now Drew is becoming such a jerk. I get that they decided to see other people and move on, but he shouldn't have let her go in the first place! Now he's all flipping out and being jealous and then makes out with Christi and gets Ella jealous! It's madness. I don't even want Drew and Ella together anymore. I'm liking the fresh start with Seth.

Ella needs to tell Jason, it's too little too late. Drew needs to stop toying with her emotions and make a decision if he wants to be in her life. and Seth... yummy... too many things she needs to do with Seth hahahaha

 

I don't think that Drew is playing games. If he were, I don't think he would have left. He would of tried to get Ella to see that he was kissing another girl.

 

I really hope Ella just turns around, takes a cab, and goes home. No drama, no fights. The Drew and Christi storyline is upsetting, but she was on the dance floor with Seth, and I'm sure it was apparent that they were having a good time, a very good time. And you know Christi would tell Seth about the drama, and then it would screw up that too. Ugh...

 

uh oh, thats all I can say. Drew is rebounding with Christi who reminds everyone of Ella apparently, it isn't that hard to see that is where that is going. Ella needs to choose and stop all of the nonsense. Maybe she should talk to Nick who is the one that knows both Drew and Jason and has also been around Matt and Seth now. I would be interested in seeing what Nick thinks from the guy's point of view. Anything other than Ella walking away is going to cause drama. Maybe Drew will just look over see her face she will turn and walk away and he will go after her? I believe there is something majorly wrong with Chloe though.

 

I think Drew and Ella are just trying to muddle their may through a weird situation. They are perfect for eachother but have a lot of external factors in their way.

I don't think Drew is playing games. They agreed to date other people and Ella is dating Seth. He didn't kiss the girl in front of Ella to throw it in her face and make her jealous, he went outside. Ella was dancing with Seth and even invited Seth back home with her. Obviously she wasn't think of Drew and what he would think.

But if Ella makes a big deal out no doubt Cristi will tell Seth.

 

Wait, didn't drew say something along the lines of he couldn't deal with a relationship right now because of his family issues? And that's why he dumped Ella? He's the one who told her not to wait for him and to start dating other guys. And the whole "you're the one for me" thing. I'd be pissed if a guy I was in love with dumped me because he needed time alone and then starts hooking up with a girl HE JUST MET!

 

You know I understand what Mum is saying, but unfortunately I could see myself feeling just like Ella in this situation. I know that Ella wants all her guys to be happy and she also knows its unreasonable to feel jealous and want them all to herself so to speak. But I would feel the same. It's really just thougts that you aren't going to act on. Now as far as Drew they split with the understanding of maybe trying again. And Ella is used to Drew just waiting for her. So it's a shock to see him with someone else, especially after finding out that he pined away for her for so long, then they get together, they break up so soon and now this. And I don't think Ella will cause a scene. She knows she has no right to be angry. But I can see Jason taking her home, and I hope he does. They really need to talk and reach some kind of friendship again. And Chloe, yes the poor girl has something wrong with her.

 

I just hope that Drew and Ella realize that they are both being childish. They need to both figure out if they want to be together or not, because if they both know they are going to end up together, there is no sense in hurting Seth and Christi, and leading them both on.

 

I think Drew is probably just hooking up with Christi because she was all over him and it had to have been hard to watch Ella and Seth all night. I doubt anything will come of it.
No one is talking about Seth's "emergency." I wonder how long it will be before his issues start affecting his relationship with Ella...

 

Okay, I see how people are saying that Ella has no right to be jealous but I know how she is feeling. When I was in high school there was this guy Jason who loved me for like 4 years, but I didn't feel the same way. So we were just really close friends. When he got a girlfriend who he was infatuated with I was jealous. Not because I wanted him or anything. It's just that we had always been and now he was being "taken" away by someone else..

 

I won't be too surprised if Seth's emergency has something to do with Ian. Both he and Chloe seem to have some sort of psychological issues and Seth may do a bit of stuff making sure the two of them stay safe.

Ignore Drew Ella. Especially since he did feed you the line that he couldn't be with anyone due to his family issues and now that you have moved on he has taken that line of bullshit and shoved it up his ass to go after a girl like you (kinda like K's ex did on BB). If he wants to play that card then he doesn't deserve you even thinking about being with him.

And the next time you see Jason smack him HARD across his face. You've made it clear that him and you are done so he needs to not think he can buy you Valentine's gifts.

And I'm going to stop ranting now otherwise this comment is going to be WAY too long.

 

Amanda I know I'm softhearted but Jason gave her not a love for her necklace, but I love for their baby that never had a chance at a life. For a guy to do that is really special. they don't tend to feel as deeply as women that have misscarriages. And i'm not saying all guys there are plenty that do. But a large majority are just mystified and clueless. I think what Jason did was very very special.

 

I am sure it is hard for Drew to see Ella with Seth. Sure he said they should date other people which is good in theory, seeing it in real time is something different. So he is covering up his hurt with another girl.

And Ella is going to be shocked. Drew waited for Ella, saved himself for her, and here he is making out with a girl who reminds everyone of Ella.

 

Speaking of the emergency, I wonder if it is his sister. Didn't it say that she was looking sick a few post back?

Also, I don't think Drew will have a realtionship with this girl. He has probably been drinking and is feeling sad. All they are doing is kissing. Which I'm sure is hard to watch, but it's not the same thing as a realtionship.

 

I think Ella did all she could to be with Drew, she wrote him the letter and has talked to him about her feelings. He pushed her away. Maybe Drew was feeling insecure about not having much experience with women and is trying to be the 'bad boy' for once. i think he knows that what he's doing will hurt or at least grab Ellas attention. In this situation i feel bad for Ella. its still early days for her and Seth (plus he seems to have family issues aswell as Drew), but she didnt pursue things with him to get back at Drew.. she had genuine interest. Imagine walking in on something like this... i wouldnt blame her if she gets really upset. The way that Drew has talked to her about things.... this doesnt seem like part of their deal. Oh and i also think chloe might be sick aswell, like cancer? or something to do with ian?

 

I think Ella did all she could to be with Drew, she wrote him the letter and has talked to him about her feelings. He pushed her away. Maybe Drew was feeling insecure about not having much experience with women and is trying to be the 'bad boy' for once. i think he knows that what he's doing will hurt or at least grab Ellas attention. In this situation i feel bad for Ella. its still early days for her and Seth (plus he seems to have family issues aswell as Drew), but she didnt pursue things with him to get back at Drew.. she had genuine interest. Imagine walking in on something like this... i wouldnt blame her if she gets really upset. The way that Drew has talked to her about things.... this doesnt seem like part of their deal. Oh and i also think chloe might be sick aswell, like cancer? or something to do with ian?