Whatever Wednesday Part two: We're screwed

There's another Whatever Wednesday posted below, but I wrote that in advanced, and we have some more news... I'm not too sure what's going to happen to the blog right now. My husband was fired yesterday. The reason was total bullshit (and trust me, I would admit if he were at fault for the firing) I also hate the fact that they couldn't wait two more days to do it in so that we could be covered under insurance for another month.

Basically, I don't know what's going to happen. He and I are both looking for jobs right now, and I haven't been able to write. If I go back to work, I don't know how much time I'll have to write. All in all, I'm pretty upset because of several reasons, the obvious ones, and the fact that now several of the things I wanted to do I don't think we'll be able to do right now (like have a baby. So while I was holding my breath waiting for a positive pregnancy test, now I'm holding my breath and hoping my period comes. I actually already had one positive test, but the rest have been negative, so I'm not sure what's going on with that either.) I'm also going to porbably have to step out of my friends wedding in September, because I need to buy an 145 dollar dress and we just can't spend that kind of money right now.

Anyway, the rest of the week is scheduled to post. I don't know what Monday's going to bring. I am so sorry. I'll try to keep you guys updated.

I also told Maejen that I would check out her blog - I haven't had a chance too yet, but I did post it on the blog roll. You guys should go check it out and lemme know what you think. It's called Everyday Endeavors and the link is posted under the fiction blogs

7 comments:

Sorry to hear about the bad news Laura, its always rough to lose a job, but I know even now it's harder especially when you wanted another baby so much. I have no doubt though you and your family will pick up, move on, and be better then ever. Best wishes and best of luck for the future.

 

That sucks, I hope that one of you are able to find something soon. It would be nice if you were able to find something and the hubby got to stay home with Cayden - get to experience all the stuff the men don't really get to, plus do all the work that they take for granted :)

 

Sorry to hear the bad news. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

 

I completely feel your pain.

Less than a month after I found out I was pregnant, my husband lost his job. He was fired because he took an early morning job and is NOT an early morning person and was late to work too many times. It took him about a month and a half to find a new job and it wasn't until my son was born that we finally got health insurance from that company. So, the entire pregnancy I was on COBRA which was $300 a month for JUST me.

Anyway, he had that job for about a year when he was fired by the new manager for things that weren't his fault at all. He worked overnight security at a high end hotel and was fired for not being able to deal with something right away because they were understaffed (because of the new, crappy, manager) and for things that didn't even happen on his shift. It was a total bullshit firing and if we weren't in Texas where you can fire for whatever reason you like, we'd've fought it.

It's been about a year since he lost that job and he still hasn't found a new one. The only security jobs available are $9/hr mall security rather than something serious where he can use his conceal and carry license. In the meantime, thankfully, he's been able to work daily at his army unit (he's in the reserves) and that's been paying our bills.

Anyway, the good news in our situation is that he's found a job in Minnesota, where we want to move back to... but the bad news is that this job is taking FOR-EV-ER to secure. He had his first phone interview with them the last week of January, second phone interview the first week of February, and since then we've been waiting on a background check and "redesign" of the company. My husband actually is about to get on a flight to go up there to have an in person meeting to see if we can get this thing going. Our plan was to move up there May 1st, but if this job doesn't come through soon, that won't be happening.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I understand the stress you're going through. And I really hope one (or both!) of you get a job quickly!

(Oh, and I forgot to mention and can't figure out where to stick it into what I've already written... but I was unemployed when I got pregnant because we only had one car and I couldn't find a job close enough to home to walk to and there wasn't any public transportation until just recently. And since our son was born, I've been a full time stay-at-home mom.)

 

Will be praying for you, Laura!

 

When it rains it poors. So when you find out you're pregnant, probably will be since now is not the time (yes I'm trying to lighten the mood) you should be eligiable for a state medical card and WIC and all that good stuff. I'm still not sure how this new healthcare law is going to be, but I'm very hopeful. I think I may have suggested to you before about doing home daycare, I know people that makes tons of money doing it and I think you'd be great, and you'd be able to be home with Cayden. Email me if you need to vent, you know I'm always there for you.

 

The new health care plans won't actually start for a couple of years... so right now it doesn't do anything for anyone other than raise taxes soon.

But home daycare would be a great idea for you Laura. I was thinking about it, but my one kid already drives me up a wall some days and I'm not sure I could manage even a second lol.