As I've said before, both my in laws are really over-weight, but still have surprisingly few health problems. However, lately my Father in law has been having some breathing issues, so he went in for a stress test. We were expecting them to come back with COPD or sleep apnia (I know I spelled that wrong, I've had kind of a long day and don't really feel like using spell check.) Well, we just found out tonight that he has a blockage and will need surgery. We're not going to know what type of surgery until he has some other test run (I'm not good with the lingo, they're sticking something up through his groin to check something else out, any medical people here know what I'm talking about?)

So. Why am I telling you this? Well, for starters, I was hoping you guys could keep my Father in law in your thoughts/prayers/well wishes/whatever good thing you believe in. I love my Father in law very much, and I'm very worried about him.

Secondly, I'm not quite sure how fast this will all happen. I know when my Uncle needed his bypass (I think it was a double or a triple, I can't remember) they tested, he failed, they wouldn't let him leave at all, not even to go home to pack a bag. They needed to do the surgery then. I don't know how serious this is going to be. I don't know what's going to happen, how big of surgery he's going to need, what the recovery is going to be like, ect. Basically I told you guys in the beginning that I would let you know ASAP if I had a scheduling conflict. As of right now the schedule will continue as normal, but if I should skip a posting, please bear with me. I'll try to get news to you guys as soon as I get it.

Thanks guys.

10 comments:

I will definately keep all of you in my thougths and prayers! I hope all goes quickle and well for you, best to get this "fun" stuff over with!

 

Thinking of you and your family,
take care

 

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Hope that everything will be ok and goes smoothly. Don't worry about us. Just make sure that your father-in-law is taken care of and gets a speedy recovery.

 

I will keep all of you in my prayers! Don't worry about posting. Take care of your family.

 

Like everyone else, your father-in-law and your family are in my prayers. Hope its nothing too serious

Alicia

 

Thanks guys. As of right now, there's nothing much I can do, besides helping them with yardwork, which I can't do anyway because it's raining. He has bronchitis, and has to wait till that clears up before they can do anything. And the first step is to do this groin test thingy so they can figure out exactly where the blockage is so they know what kind of surgery he needs. I'll let you guys know when he's having his tests done, and what we find out from them.

 

Keeping your family in my prayers. I think the waiting is one of the worst! I am not a waiter by no means.

Glad to hear that you love your father-in-law! Was wondering since you have made comments about "having dinner with the in-laws" and we get to hear about the mom but never the dad. Like they say, ya gotta take the good with the bad.

 

I will definitely keep your father in law and your family in my prayers...

Delia

 

Laura, i'll be sending good wishes your way too. I guess he's haveing dye sent through his veins?? Maybe all he'll need is a stint or whatever. That's better than bypass surgery. Anyway I know you'll have your hands full helping out. Somehow I don't think your MIL will be able to take care of him by herself. I do hope it all works out for the best. I'll keep him in my prayers

 

kidz- my Father in law is great. My only beef with him is that he doesn't stand up to my Mother in law... But he does have to live with her, so I've accepted that maybe not rocking the boat is his way of dealing (he has admitted to my husband before that he doesn't always agree with how Mary Anne reacts.) But it kills me that he can't see Cayden as much because of her, because you can just tell how happy that little boy really makes him. It melts my heart. I almost want this to be happening to my MIL. I know that sounds cruel, but I worry about my FIL dying. And I don't dislike my MIL so much that I want her to die, it's just that she's SUPER dependent on my FIL, she doesn't drive, he still does all their yard work, I mean if he goes, I have no idea what we're going to do with her. Our place is way too small to have her move into, their place isn't that much bigger, plus we'd kill each other. It's just so much to think about, that we've decided we'd cross that bridge if we come to it. But, as horrible as it sounds, things would just be much easier if my MIL was the first of them to go.

And Laura, he will be getting the dye thingy. I still have no idea what it's called. My MIL is already trying to make it about her, what tests SHE needs to go get run now. Ugh, so sick of her already!