So tired, busy day

Hey guys,


Just checking in to see how your weekend was going. I know it's not a Whatever Wednesday, but I had a few things to say so... We had a crazy weekend, Friday I started to feel better so we went out to Toys story 1 and 2 in 3D. I was a little disappointed. I love the Toy Stories, and am excited to see the new third one, but the 3D wasn't really... 3D-ish? I wouldn't really recommend seeing it. I mean, I guess it's not bad, here we have to pay 12-something for movies in 3D, and for two movies it's not that bad, but if the only reason you're seeing it is to see it in 3D... Well, skip it.


Saturday we had a bit of a lazy day, we had to take my Mom to the airport, did some grocery shopping, took Cayden to the park, fed him lunch, ran around with the dog. Pretty much nothing. Today, however, was crazy. We met some friends for lunch, went to a car show at the zoo, then took the kids to an Aquarium store to see some fish (it's a super cool store, they have touch pools and stuff) and then we took the kids (they have a son who was born about 3 months after Cayden)to Chuck E Cheese (is this a national chain? It's like a pizza place with games and kids stuff.) It was crazy, but fun. We probably won't go back for awhile, the one we went too was kinda small with not a lot for our kids to do, but they had some fun.

Anyway, I also wanted to ask you guys to vote for my son in this contest. It's the Gap Casting Call contest, they pick a fan favorite. You do have to register, but it's not like the All American Baby contest or whatever where you just get a bunch of spam emailed to you, I haven't gotten any spam. Anyway, I'd love it if you guys would vote for him, you can vote once a day, and I'd really appreciate it. If Cayden wins I'll do an extra post or probably a couple extra posts!

http://family.go.com/gapcastingcall/entries/Lerwin1324/617197012/

I also wanted to say thank you guys SO much, for all the compliments and such. You guys are also amazing, thank YOU for being such great readers and making this whole thing fun to write. I honestly sometimes can't wait to post, to hear what you'll think. I don't want you guys to think I don't appreciate your comments if I don't say thanks every time, but I do appreciate every one!

One last thing, my sister sent me this story, and just a warning, it is about child abuse, sexual and physical, about a little baby girl who died. PLEASE don't read it if things like that... I don't know what to say, because obviously child abuse bothers us all, or at least I hope so. However, I think it's important to bring this up, as much of a downer as it is... Basically the little baby girl was beaten, bitten, and raped by her Mother, Uncle, and Father until she finally died at 5 months. I don't want to see a child die, but I can't help but think Thank God for taking her out of this horrible situation. No one claimed her body though, so the community stepped up, paid for her casket and funeral. Well, finally this little girls "family" came forward and put a cage over her grave so the community couldn't honor her. You can read about it, and also see a video here: http://rightinaleftworld.blogspot.com/2009/08/brianna-lopez-abused-in-life-caged-in.html

However, if seeing that is too much for you (which I don't blame you, it made me cry and also really want to kick some ass), I do ask that they very least you go here and sign the petition to have the cage over her grave removed: http://www.gopetition.com/online/26696/sign.html

Being a Mother I just. I don't have words for it. Hearing my baby cry for two seconds is way too much, and ever doing something to cause him pain on purpose, and repeatedly? I hope this little girl knows that she is loved by people who didn't even get to know her, and I just can't even begin to express how I feel about the fact that she probably NEVER got to experience love while she was here.

4 comments:

Thank you for posting about Brianna. It's so heartbreaking that anyone could do that to a child- not even a child, a baby. I'm not even a mother yet and I can't possibly imagine what could possess someone to do something so horrific, so outrageous to a baby. It makes me feel that I'm making the right choice going into the criminal justice field. I encourage each and everyone to sign the petition. May Brianna Lopez rest in peace and be in a better place.

 

All I can say is that I hope the criminals there are like the ones here in KY. They may not ming robbing or even gang murder, but the criminals in our prisons don't stand for child molesters/abusers. There was the one case a few years back of this man who was convicted of molesting 6 little girls. He lasted a whole of three days before the guards just found his body one day. He had been beaten to death.
I'm just glad that that level of depravity isn't even accepted among the "filth" of society.
I still wanna go beat up every single one of Brianna's so called family though. But my hubby says I can't cause I'm preggers :(

 

Yes, Chuck E Cheese is a national chain.

 

I didnt see the video because it would upset me too much but i did sign the petition. yay. thanks for bring this to our attention.
-sheena