FB: I think we're alone now...

We left the airport in a caravan of sorts to head out to eat. I was starting to wish I hadn’t come, feeling a little out of place in the company of Michelle. Jason had his family and Kayla, Jacob had his family and Michelle, who wouldn’t let him out of her sight, and I was left feeling like I was butting in on someone’s private time. Not to mention, I was handicapped, so I was either left behind, or someone was hanging back for me, or I was in someone’s way. I just couldn’t move fast enough. I was feeling clumsy, and I really just wanted to disappear. I tried to join Nick and Toni in their car, but Jacob pulled me with him in his Mom’s car. Michelle also jumped in last minute, leaving her own car at the airport. My ankle jolted against the door as she jumped in, and I winced and groaned in pain. I had to blink back tears when I realized that everyone was too busy chattering to notice. I blamed it on sleep deprivation that I was being so sensitive. After all, Jason and Jacob had just come home, of course the attention should be focused on them, and not me. I had had two days of quality time before pretty much everyone else, of course they should be excited wanting to catch up with their other friends.

Still, I couldn’t help but feel a pit growing and gnawing at the inside of my stomach, and suddenly I felt closed in. The chatter was too loud, and never ending. I just wanted to get away from everyone. I started cracking my knuckles, and rolled down the window to try to get some air flow in. Luckily, before too long, we were pulling up to the restaurant.

I waited till everyone left the car, waving Jacob off as he paused on the curb (and yes, Michelle took a few more steps, and then paused for him.) I enjoyed the silence for a few moments, taking deep breaths in, trying to calm myself down. I don’t know if this is normal, but sometimes I just got into a mood where I just wanted to be alone. It hit randomly, and not often, but it took me off guard when it did come. I suddenly got very uncomfortable around people, feeling out of place, nervous, and insecure. I knew it would be unfair to the boys to withdraw and hide, and eventually their attention would become focused on me, and trying to figure out what was wrong with me and how to fix it. I didn’t want that, I wanted everyone’s attention on them, so I decided to suck it up and plaster on a happy face.


I hobbled into the place, and was expecting to have a seat on the end, away from the crowd. I was surprised, happy, and a little disappointed to see that Jacob has saved me a seat front and center. As he waved me over, I squeezed past Michelle (who didn’t manage to snag a seat next to Jacob, and she didn’t look all too please with that,) and sat down next to him.

“What’s on the agenda for today, boys?” Sandy asked as the waiter passed our menus and took drink orders.

“Ella needs to go to the hospital, to get fitted for her cast.” Jacob said, sliding an arm around me.

“Oh. Yeah. But, that can wait till I get home.” I said, watching Michelle eye Jacob’s arm around me.

“No, Ella. Doctors orders, the swellings down and the faster you get it set, the faster and better it’ll heal.”

“Well, yeah. But, you know, your family and friends are here. Plus you guys are probably heading home soon? You should probably spend the day with them. I’ll be fine on my own.” I said, sipping the coke the waiter had sat down in front of me.

Jacob’s Mom watched me carefully, and I started to get nervous, I didn’t want to make her angry. I wanted Jacob to spend time with her, not me. I had already gotten two days with him, I didn’t need to be selfish.

“Jake.” She said, clearing her throat. “You go to the hospital with Ella. We got up so early this morning to meet your flight. I’m really tired. The Blanco’s are throwing you and Jason a welcome home party tonight, I think I’ll go back to the hotel and rest for a little bit, then when you guys are done, we can go for a swim. Ella you’ll have to sit that one out with your cast, but you can come down with us, OK?” She said, smiling at me.

I couldn’t help but smile back. Sandy seemed like the perfect mother figure, her tone was warm, but also firm. I could see that she was a nurturer, but also that she wouldn’t take any crap. She also looked at Jacob like he was her whole world, and I loved that. I know some girls are put off by a Momma’s boy, but I thought it could be a good sign, as long as boundaries were clear.

“No arguing.” She said, wagging a finger at me. Then she looked over at Michelle. “I can give you a ride back to the airport to pick up your car, when lunch is over.”

“Oh.” She said, caught off guard. “Well, if Ella and Jacob came with me, I could give them a ride to the hospital.”
She eyed Jacob. She didn’t seem like she was doing it to help me out.

“Nah. They can go with us to drop you off at your car and then Jacob can take my car. You can give me a ride to the hotel. I’m sure you want to get settled in, right?” Sandy gave Michelle a pointed look, and Michelle just nodded.

I felt relieved that I’d be getting a break for Michelle. I wanted to question Jacob about her, to see where she and I stood, and see if I had anything to be jealous of. I obviously couldn’t do this in front of her.

Talk was easy about that, and I felt less left out and self conscious. Michelle was also quieter, and I didn’t know if she was sulking, plotting, or both.

Michelle rubbed me the wrong way, but I also supposed I had it coming. I was a firm believer in fate and karma, and things happening for a reason. Maybe Michelle was my karma for the whole Kayla-Jason situation. Maybe Michelle was plopped her to help me see how much it sucks to have someone poaching on your new relationship all the time. Though, that was another thing I needed to ask Jacob. What were we now? Were we anything different from when he left? How would things work out, when he goes back to California?

I stopped paying attention to the conversation around me, and wound myself up in my thoughts. I sure knew how to pick guys, didn’t I? Would I ever be in a relationship that was just… Easy? Or at least, easier than this? Why did everything have to be so complicated, a puzzle to be solved, a problem to be worked out?

Jacob nudged me.

“What?” I asked, looking up.

“What are you going to eat?” He asked, pointing to the waiter, who was waiting to take my order.

We ate, talked a little more, and then we all piled into our separate cars to head in separate directions. I said goodbye to Jason, Drew, Toni, and Nick. I’d be staying at Toni’s and Nick’s, so I knew I’d see them in a few hours. I could also tell by the look on their faces, and the way they kept shooting secret smiles to one another that they had a secret. I was looking forward to going back to their house and trying to get them to spill the beans. I decided I’d skip swimming with Jacob, and go back and hang out with Toni and Nick. I hadn’t seen them in awhile either, and I figured Jacob needed some quality alone time with his Mom, even if it maybe met Michelle tagging along by herself.

We piled into Sandy’s car, with Sandy offering the front seat to Michelle, leaving Jacob and I alone in the back. He put his hand on my knee, tracing small circles through my jeans, running his hand slowly up and down my thigh. I’m not sure he was trying to be sexual, he didn’t look like he was, but he sure was succeeding at it. He looked over at me when I shivered.

“Cold?” He asked.

I didn’t really know what to do, so I nodded. He took his hand off my knee and wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my arm.

“You’ve got goosebumps.” He said, quietly, his lips close to mine.

I wanted so badly for him to kiss me, or to kiss him, but I didn’t think that would be appropriate with his Mom in the front seat. I felt like a frustrated teenager, going on her first date, who was unable to drive and had to have her parents chauffer us around. I nodded, bit my lip, and leaned my head against him. He kissed my forehead, and then leaned down to whisper in my ear.

“Just so you know, I’m dying to get you alone.” His voice was deep and quiet, and I could feel that his breath was a little ragged. It made my breathing become a little ragged.

I decided to pay him back for the knee-play, and rake my nails gently over the inside of his thigh.


I don’t know what had gotten into either of us, but I think we both felt an urgent and desperate need for each other. It came on quite suddenly. I was dizzy with the whirring emotions, I felt like this weekend I was going to experience every emotion there was, but right now I wasn’t minding it so much. It made me feel a little tipsy, and I liked it. I realized that Jacob and I hadn’t ever really been alone, and suddenly that’s all I wanted. I had a feeling that we’d probably end up sleeping together, and again, I worried that possibly we were moving too fast, but I didn’t think there was any stopping it. Seeing Michelle around Jacob had also made me desperate to not be like her, and part of me was wondering maybe if I slept with Jacob, it would erase Jason’s touch. He was the last guy I had slept with, and I hadn’t even slept with that many. Maybe if I had sex with Jacob, it would make it a little easier to let go and move on.


Jacob had placed his hand on the back of my neck and was rubbing it, squeezing a little hard when I hit a spot on his leg that he liked. I really wanted to straddle him right here and now, but I think maybe the frustration of not being able to do anything added to fire. Sandy and Michelle were carrying a steady conversation about what they were going to wear to the party, and how they needed to go to the Blanco’s early to help set up. Still, getting to the airport seemed to be taking a lot longer than it had when we were leaving it, and I was grateful that Michelle was giving Sandy a ride to the hotel so we wouldn’t have too. I did decide to stop rubbing Jacob’s leg so that he could hug his Mom goodbye without having anything to be embarrassed about or hide.

After what seemed like forever, we arrived at the airport. It seemed to take even longer to find Michelle’s car, and then we had to wait for Sandy to search for her cell phone, which she found eventually in her purse. Finally, they were both out of Sandy’s car, and into Michelle’s. Jacob was helping me into the front seat when they pulled away. The second they were out of sight, Jacob had my body pinned to the car, his hands in my hair, and his mouth on mine.

14 comments:

that was pretty steamy, i do have to say. I'm beginning to not really like Michelle that much, I mean I feel sorry for her, but she needs to back off.

I hope you feel better and don't have too bad of a cold.

-Alicia

 

Whew! That post was so good. I swear, you can't go wrong with good foreplay! mum

 

I love Jacob. I get bummed thinking about the fact that he is not here in the present. Where are you Jacob???? (Hopefully not with Michelle)

Feel better soon Laura.

 

Loved it! Very steamy and descriptive but very very good!

 

Loved it. Very sensual...

 

Whew Laura, i was getting sexually frustrated right along with ella! LOL you sure know how to put us in the story...take care!

 

I want More!!!! ;) Yes very steamy, you could almost feel both there sexual tensions, and yep just like being a sexually frustrated teen. To give Ella credit she always controls herself around Jason and Kayla, where Michelle is not around Jacob. Hope you feel better Laura.

 

ahhhh love it!!!

hope you feel better, i know how much it sucks to be sick and have to take care of a baby!

 

Wow can't wait for the rest of this post. Thanks for posting regularly. It makes it even better than it already is.. I'm sure others will agree.

 

I agree with anonymous, the regular posts are fantastic! I am a little confused though, what does anonymous mean by Jacob not being in the present?

Love this blog!!

 

Sandy, the posts are "flash back" (FB) which is the past and the present alternating between the 2. If you notice that in the present with Matt and Greg there is no mention of Jacob except Jason's comment that he was the last person Ella dated. So they must break up somewhere along the way.

 

O.M.G. I think I need a cigarette. ;-) Glad mom and Michelle were keeping each other's attention diverted. Though I hope Ella and Jacob don't move too fast, I just love reading these kinds of scenes. Sigh.

 

I absolutely love the way Ella recognizes and accepts the similarities between her and Michelle and their roles in Jacob's/Jason's lives. Having said that, I can't help but be annoyed with Michelle being so intrusive even though I feel for Ella in the very same situation with Jason & Kayla...funny how that works ha! Great job!

Hope everyone is feeling better today :)

 

I hope that they just broke up, but keep remembering Jacob is in the military and probably has time to be sent on another tour between the past and present and figure that maybe the other reason she hasn't dated since him is because he died?