Note

So, many people in the comments section have been passing blog links. As I've said in the comments section, I don't mind link sharing, but I do think it's kind of a pain in the butt to have to go back and hunt through comments to find a link. I thought I'd add a little box on the side over there ----> where I would put up links people have sent me/suggested reading. Now, I plan on reading a lot of these, but I don't know if I'll read all of them/when I'll get around to it. The ones that just started are the easiest, because I don't have so much too catch up on, but the ones that have been around awhile it'll take me a little bit to catch up on it. With that being said, I can't say if they're good, what their PG-R rating would be, ect. I don't get easily offended, but if you do, be forewarned, I haven't reviewed the content! Basically, don't hold it against me if the blog offends you, or if you don't like it, or whatever.


With that being said, I'm SUPER lazy, so I don't know if I'll go back through the comments and pull out the ones that people have already posted, or when I'll get around to it. I'm going to post the blogs I read, and the ones that were posted in today's comments, but if you want me to add your blog or a blog you read, email it to me at NothingmorethanLaura@gmail.com

I've also been toying with the idea of starting a panel to review blogs. I think that would be kinda cool. I know a lot of websites give out "awards" (basically little html badges you can put on your page.) And I thought it would be cool maybe to do something like that, or start a whole blog about blogs. However, 1.) I'd really want to have a panel, because I don't think it's fair to just have one person reviewing, I'd want a couple of different views. 2.) I suck at html, so I dunno if I could do the badge thing. BUT, if this is something you'd be interested in, let me know, and maybe I'll start it and recruit some reviewers.

I just think it would be nice too, to have a place to openly discuss the blogs, without having backlash from authors or authors deleting your comment or whatever. I know on blogger you can have a blog and add authors, so again, if you're interested, email me and let me know what you think and if you'd like to review!

Alright, I'm leaving for dinner soon, so I dunno if I'll get it up before I leave, but I'll hopefully get it up tonight.

Also, a couple of people have written to me about their husbands, boyfriends, brothers, and friends who are in the military. I was also thinking of adding a yellow ribbon box with their names (or maybe just initials, if you want to keep it private.) So we can keep them in our thoughts/prayers. Even if that person has died, I would like to honor them in a way. Jason may be a jerk, but you can't deny that his service to this country is pretty selfless. I don't want to get on my soapbox, and I've kinda made it my personal policy not to discuss politics or religion because it gets messy, but my opinion is this: I don't like war. I don't think anyone does. It's a dirty, dangerous, devastating job. I wish we could all just get along and hold hands and sing or something (and no, I'm not really being sarcastic) but that's not how it is. So I think no matter what your political views are, or how you feel about the war, you still need to show love and support for our troops. My guess is most, if not all of them would rather be anywhere else. And I don't know that I believe in something so much that I would risk my life for it (besides my husband and my son.)

OK, I'm really done now. Email me and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

so...been reading your blog since the beginning...never commented but i wanted to say thank you. not just for being an amazing writer (which you are!) ...but for sharing your gift and yourself with the rest of us. as we all know..not everyone is up to the task... but you seem to be an incredible person with incredible talents.

 

I like the idea of a blog review. Actually I'd be willing to review some, I think it'd be fun. But you know I'm easy going lol. And a great idea to honor our soldiers. And I agree I hate war, it makes no sence that there are some people out in the world so full of hate of other cultures and beliefs. But I understand that we do have to protect ourselves even if it means being on the offense (sp?) God bless all those willing to risk their lives to keep our country and the world safe.

 

A blog about blogs is a GREAT idea!

 

I like the blog about blogs idea, the reviewing panel idea, and MOST DEFINATELY the yellow ribbon idea. I may be a little biased since I would ask to have my brother's name put up there, but that's just me. I agree with you about the war stuff. It's not a topic that is ever fun to discuss, but I think we all have the common ground that we would rather the world just get along and not have to send our men and women overseas in the first place.