FB: Baby we could rock the night alone

I felt stuck. I didn’t want to listen to this, but I was also too embarrassed to tell whoever was getting it on to knock it off. And, I was also angry. I had a feeling that only Michelle could be that tactless, and I knew it either had to be Drew, or Sean that she was messing with.

So, I poked Jacob. Really hard. He woke up yelling, which quickly silenced the couple. I pretended to be asleep, and Jacob grumbled and rolled over.

I didn’t have the easiest time falling asleep. Every noise I heard, I wondered if it was the couple starting up again. And, my mind was racing, trying to figure out who it was, and how exactly I was going to murder Michelle without getting caught.

It took me awhile to fall back asleep, and I couldn’t really stay asleep. So, when the morning light filtered into the barn, and people started waking up, I was really grumpy, and I wasn’t in the mood for anyone.

“I’m going to run and get doughnuts and coffee.” Drew announced. “Anyone want to come with?”

“I will.” I said, eyeing Michelle.

“I’ll go too.” She said, starting to get up.

“No. You won’t.” I said, struggling to get off the mattress.

“Ella!” Drew said, shocked. “She can come if she wants too.”

“No, I need to talk to you. Alone. So, you and I can go. She can stay here.” I said firmly.

Michelle shot me a look, and I knew she wanted to say something, but being bitchy would have ruined the whole wounded puppy act she was trying to maintain. I could tell Drew was annoyed with me by the look he shot me, but I just shrugged.

“Hey, I’m going in to town to pick up an order with Drew, can you call it in?” I asked Jacob.

“Yeah.” He answered, kissing me quickly and going off to take everyone’s coffee order.


Drew and I walked quietly to his truck, the ground crunching beneath our feet was the only sound. I was now convinced that it was Drew that Michelle had hooked up with the night before. Why else would he be so defensive of her?

And how could he do something like that? First of all, was his skank radar broken? Drew was a very good judge of character, and I just couldn’t understand how he couldn’t see how evil Michelle really was. Secondly, hooking up in the middle of a room full of people? How gross can you be? Even if he didn’t think Michelle wasn’t a total whore, he had to have known that having sex, or attempting to have sex, in the middle of a bunch of people was a whorish thing to do.

To top it all off, how could he defend her against me? He was supposed to be my best friend, I knew him better than anyone, and he should have known me better than anyone, and therefore trusted me when I said I thought someone was bad news.

I was steaming by the time we got to the truck. I had a hard time hefting myself up into the truck, but I wouldn’t dare ask Drew for his help. He watched with a mix of amusement, annoyance, and confusion as I huffed and puffed and pulled myself up.

I think I ended up pulling a muscle, but I slumped into the seat and slammed the door shut behind me, crossing my arms over my chest. I suddenly didn’t want to talk to him at all. I felt like pouting, like he should be the one trying to talk and explain things to me.

“Well?” He said, halfway into our trip into town.

“Well what?” I answered, looking out the window.

“Are you going to tell me why you were so rude to Michelle back there? I mean you said you had to talk. So speak, woman.”

“Maybe you should be explaining yourself to me! Just what were you doing with Michelle last night?”

“Uh. Sitting?” He replied.

“You know what I mean. What is your DEAL with her?”

“Nothing Ella. We just talked, will you chill out?”

“Oh-ho-ho.” I laughed. “You were NOT just talking. I HEARD you Drew!” ,br>
“You heard me what?” He asked, confused.

“I was awake last night. When you and Michelle were…”

“Sleeping?” He answered. “Ella, I drank quite a lot last night. I passed out as soon as I hit the pillow, so I really have no clue what you’re talking about.”

That stunned me into speechlessness. All I could think about was, if it wasn’t Drew and Michelle, it had to be have been Sean and Michelle. My stomach hit the floor. His wife, his kids… For a second, I’ll admit I was a little gleeful. I wouldn’t have to kill Michelle, Jen was going to do it for me! I didn’t talk the rest of the way, I just starred out the window trying to figure out just how I was going to handle this one.


When we got back from the bakery, I immediately started trying to get Sean alone. It wasn’t easy, Jen was out in the barn, and while our relationship had gotten slightly better since the going away party, I knew she still didn’t like me, and she wasn’t going to leave me alone with her husband. She was still jealous of the close relationship I had with the boys, the one thing she had over me was that she was closer to Sean that I was, and she wasn’t going to do anything to risk that.

Eventually, Sean’s Mom came out and scolded us, telling us we needed a “proper breakfast”, and recruited Michelle and Jen to help her cook us brunch. Sean was left alone on the couch.

I looked around, trying to make sure the others weren’t paying attention. I didn’t want anyone to hear that Sean and Michelle slept together and jump to conclusions, Jason might kill Sean. Jacob, Nick, and Drew were still scarfing down doughnuts even after Sean’s Mom announced that she was cooking a huge brunch. Jason and Kayla were nowhere to be seen, and I assumed had either gone off to get some alone time, or maybe to catch some more sleep. Both had drank and awful lot last night. Toni was close to Sean, but she looked asleep. I walked over to Sean and sat down.

“Wanna tell me what was going on last night?” I asked.

Sean shrugged. “Not much to tell.”

“C’mon Sean.” I said, my voice quiet but firm. “You can’t tell me that there wasn’t something between you and Michelle. I know. I heard you.”

With that said, Sean’s whole face turned red.

“Ella, it’s not a big deal…”

“So you admit it!” I hissed. “How could you do that to Jen? To your CHILDREN?”

“Ella. Calm down. It was just a little fun, it’s harmless.” His tone pissed me off, it was like he didn’t even care.

“I can’t believe you Sean! I really can’t. How can you cheat on your wife and say it was nothing, just a little fun?”

“We flirted Ella, that’s not cheating. It’s just talk, is all. I mean I’ll admit, Jen would kill me if she heard, and I wouldn’t like it if she did it to me. But, I wouldn’t say it was cheating.”

“What do you mean? I heard you last night Sean, it sure sounded like cheating to me.”

“We were just talking. That’s it. I did tell her she was hot, she did touch my shoulder a couple of times, but that was it. Do you have any idea what it’s like being married? It gets boring Ella. I have to mix it up a little bit sometimes. I’m sure Jen flirts with other guys when I’m not around.”

I sighed, exasperated.

“Sean, I really think you’d feel a lot better if you just owned up to it, and you’re really starting to piss me off. You’re acting like this doesn’t matter, or like it’s not serious. It’s like you don’t even care about Jen or the kids! How could you? You’re being so freaking selfish!”

“I am owning up to everything I’ve done!” He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. “I told you Ella. We talked. That was it. My life is tough. I can’t be like other people my age and just go out and have a good time whenever I feel like it. I have responsibilities and stresses. But, I love my kids, I love my wife. I do love my life, El. I wouldn’t cheat on Jen.”

The tone of his voice made me believe him.

“So. You weren’t awake last night?” I eyed him carefully, looking for cracks in his story.

“Ella, I was out like everyone else. We all drank way too much.”

“Someone wasn’t asleep…” I mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing.” I answered.


Sean left me alone on the sofa, sitting lost in my thoughts. I believed Sean, but now I was starting to doubt Drew. Why would he lie to me though? Was Michelle really worth our friendship? What was she doing to him?

I was slumped down on the sofa, stewing and pouting, when Toni came over and sat beside me.

“Oh, hey Tone, I didn’t know you were awake.” I said, glancing over at her. “How are you feeling?”

“A little tired actually. I didn’t sleep a lot last night.”

“Oh?” I asked, wondering if maybe she heard the couple too.

“Yeah, listen Ella, I overheard you talking to Sean…”

“Yeah? Did you hear the… Noises… Last night too?” I wondered if she could help me figure out who it was.

“Well, Ella, yeah… I heard them…”

“Do you have any idea who it was?” I asked, turning wide eyed to face her.

She was quiet for a moment.

“You DO!” I accused, pointing. “You have to tell me, Toni. I know it has to be Michelle, but she was sleeping between Drew and Sean, and I can’t figure out which one of them did it. She’s such a skank, and she’s out to get one of them just to piss me off. Did you get that skank vibe from her too? Because all the guys think I’m crazy.” I babbled.

“Well. I dunno about Michelle. I haven’t really spent a ton of time with her.”

“So?” I prompted. “Who was she hooking up with?”
“I don’t know. But I know who I was hooking up with.” She said, looking sheepish.

“Toni! You and Nick?” I exclaimed.

12 comments:

Hehe, that was a good one! Much ado about nothing - so much to jumping to conclusions! LOL

 

Omg that is soooo funny. Here the "old" married couple, the wife being prego decide to have a little adventure. It's still gross but somehow not as bad, more funny now. Glad it wasn't Drew or Sean. For a minute I really thought it was Sean and him saying it's no big deal, I was ready to slap him virtually.

 

I had a sneaking suspicion. Very funny! mum

 

I thought it was going to be Jason and Kayla!

 

Sprickle I thought so too! Love that it was Toni and Nick though - that just makes it so...cute! Oh and definitely funny too. I love it!

 

It's the pregnancy hormones!! LOL. I love that it was the married couple. Gotta do something to keep it exciting.

So funny how the outlook on the situation changes considering the circumstances. I thought it was nasty when it was michelle and whoever but the married couple makes me think yeah mama go get yours!

 

Well, wait a minute. Yes, we now know it was Toni. But do we know it was Nick!?!?

 

I know right, I kinda get the vibe that it wasn't Nick too.

 

Haha, Too funny!
and Yeah i think it was toni and nick, they are having a baby, I really don't get the vibe that toni would cheat on nick, sorry....i just don't.

 

HAHAH! That's so funny. Everyone's (including my) opinion about the "act" totally changed after this post. I love it. Sooooo glad it wasn't Drew or Sean.

 

It's still gross and something I wouldn't do. But I'll admit a married couple hooking up is less skanky. But, that would go for anything. I mean, sean was married so that would have been extra bad and Drew just met her. While Toni and Nick are married to each other instead of basically strangers. So I can kind of understand while people's opinon changed.

 

Ummm... I don't think that's all that much better. I mean, I understand the need to spice things up and all, but still... While you are literally laying next to people like that? Awkward!!

However... I'm glad it wasn't Sean. I still think Michelle is a skank though. :)