Cuz with every kiss and every hug, you make me fall in love

When Drew said those words, I cringed, anticipating an explosion. I waited for my heart to stop beating, my ears to ring, my lungs to stop intaking air… I waited for the world to stop spinning, for tears to fall, my head to explode… After all, isn’t this what I wanted for so long? Shouldn’t it affect me in some way? Shouldn’t I be sad, angry, happy, excited… Something?

Because all I felt was empty. I waited a minute, to see if it was just a delayed thing, if I needed it to sink it. Drew looked worried, but I just shook my head.
“I would feel the same. Jason and I, we’re… Done.” I said. As I said it, I knew it was true. I loved Jason, I always would, but things had gone too far, we would never be able to have a normal relationship. To be with him, I knew that meant giving up Drew. Before, I would have been willing to give up everything in order to be with Jason. That just wasn’t the case anymore, I wasn’t willing to give up Drew.

Realizing that, a big smile spread across my face, and as soon as Drew saw my smile, one of his own came across his face.

He reached for me, pulling me, giggling, into his lap.

“What are you doing?” I asked, laughing.

“This.” He answer, smiling back and me. He kissed me.

Drew and I have kissed. A lot. We’ve had a lot of different types of kisses… Slow and sweet, hard and passionate, new and fresh… Quick kisses, long kisses, even a few sloppy ones. This one… Was different. It had an urgency in it, something I hadn’t really felt with Drew before.

I wasn’t a big fan of PDA – a kiss or a hand hold here or there was fine, and I was even OK with a quick, playful smack on the butt, but I hated those couples that dry humped in public,- but I will admit, Drew and I became that couple at Starbucks. At least I can say that the place was dead, and when I did come up for air, the workers weren’t really around either. Still, at one point, I knew it was time to go.

“We need to get out of here.” I panted. Drew nodded, his breathing as labored as mine.

I headed for the door, but Drew eyeing the place and still seeing no one in sight, pulled me in the other direction.

“What are you doing?” I whispered, laughing, as he pulled me into the bathroom with him. He shut the door behind me, and turned, pinning me against it.

“What we should have done years ago.” He answered, his lips crushing mine, his hands wandering up my shirt.

To say I was surprised would be the understatement of the century. Drew and I hadn’t done the deed yet – we’ve been close, but hadn’t sealed the deal. I had held back, worried that because we knew each other as friends, we’d push things too fast, and also because I knew that sleeping with Drew meant crossing a line that could never be uncrossed, and I still worried about how our relationship would affect our friendship should things not work out. After today, and making the realization I had about being over Jason and wanting Drew, I was OK with going all the way.

Still, I didn’t expect Drew to be this… Kinky, I guess the word for it was. Drew was so sweet, I always pictured our first time as being more… Romantic. Candlelight and roses, soft music. The cliché I guess. Not that I minded, this was pretty hot, and as revved up as I was, I wasn’t going to be able to turn back know. It just caught me off guard.

As his hands dropped from my chest to my pants, my own hands moved to Drew’s belt, unhooking it and sliding down his jeans and boxers as he kissed my neck. I ran my hand down the length of him… I was expecting a little foreplay, but with a low growl, Drew gripped my hips, pulling me up and plunging in me, and all I could do was gasp and dig my nails in.

It was quick, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t powerful, and I had to bite down on Drew’s shoulder when I came in order to stop myself from screaming. It was better than I could have pictured, and while I was sure we would have our “romantic” time, this would probably be the most memorable first time I’ve ever had.

With another loan moan and a shudder, Drew collapsed against me. I smiled, kissing his temple.

“Was that…” Drew’s breathing was still a little hard, and his words were shaky, “was that OK?”

“It was better than OK.” I said, laughing again.

“I’ve just never…” He trailed off, setting me down and reaching for his jeans.

“Never done it in a bathroom before?” I said, I pulled my own pants back on.

“Believe it or not, neither have I.” I smirked up at him.

“No… I’ve never… At all.” He wouldn’t look at me, just poked his head out to make sure the cost was clear.

I was shocked, but didn’t have time to respond, as he pulled me out of the bathroom and out the side door.

“What do you mean, you’ve never…” I asked, as he slid into the driver’s side of my car. “And what are you doing?”

“Well. I mean I’ve never had sex with anyone before. I didn’t think it would surprise you that much. And, I’m finally taking you on a real date. Where I drive, I pay, the whole nine yards. I figure after… That…” He said, gesturing to the inside of Starbucks, “I should at LEAST buy you dinner or something.”

I got into the car. “I just can’t believe you’ve never had sex before…”

He shrugged, backing out of the space. “I haven’t been on more than four dates with a girl before. Who do you think I was doing it with?”

“You don’t HAVE to have a girlfriend to do it, ya know.” I said, rolling my eyes. “I mean Drew, let’s face it, you’re gorgeous. You have a hot body. I just can’t believe some girl hasn’t thrown herself at you before.”

“Who’s to say girls haven’t thrown themselves at me?” He said with a smirk.
I rolled my eyes.

“Ella, do you remember a night, like a million years ago… It was right after Michelle killed herself. We were in your kitchen, and you asked me why I didn’t date anyone? I told you no one measured up to the girl I held everyone against. You asked me who it was…”

“And you answered with someone stupid, like Sandra Bullock…”

“Hey, don’t knock Sandra, she’s IS a hottie…” He said, shooting me a dirty look.
“Whatever.” I answered, rolling my eyes again, but smiling.

“Well, that was a lie. You were the girl I held everyone against. Everyone I met… Just wasn’t good enough, and I wasn’t willing to put in the effort to have sex with them. I wanted to wait until I met someone who surpassed you, or at least was as good AS you.” He paused, stopping at a stoplight. He reached over and took my hand. “No one else ever came close.”

My heart did flip flops, and the fire of a blush creep up my face.

“I’m really not that great Drewbie.”

“That’s what makes you the greatest, El. You just don’t know HOW great you really are.”

“You’re pretty great yourself.” I said, unable to keep the huge, cheesy grin off my face. I knew we were both being totally mushy, but I loved it.
He squeezed my hand.

“It was OK then?” He asked, a worried look crossing his face. “I know, it wasn’t very romantic… I had planned… Well, for it to not be in a bathroom, but. I don’t know.” Now it was his turn to blush. “I don’t know what overtook me, I just knew I couldn’t wait another second.”

“Well, that’s kind of flattering, in a way.” I said, laughing.

“I just don’t want you to think that… I dunno, that that’s all your worth. A quickie in a bathroom.”

“I don’t think that at all.” I answered. I leaned over and laid my head on his shoulder. “It was actually pretty hot.”

“Well, good.” He answered, kissing my head.

“Where we going?”

“I don’t know.” He answered, laughing. “That’s another place where I failed. I did want to take you on a real date… You know, get dressed up, pick you up, go someplace nice… But, now I’m just so hungry.”

“Me too.” I answered. “Let’s just go to Golden Corral, pig out. You can make it up to me by giving me a fancy date later.”

“That works for me.” He answered.

So we went. True, it wasn’t the fanciest place, but there’s something to be said about your comfort level with a guy, when you can go out and put away three plates of food, and one of those plates is full of dessert. We talked non-stop, when one of us was chewing, the other was talking, and vice versa. We talked about living situations, what area of town he was planning on moving too, I gave him a list of job places to check out. He talked about how he wanted to go back to school, and what he thought he might want to do. We didn’t talk about Jason or Matt, I didn’t think about either one of them. As well as I thought I knew Drew, I was learning more, and I loved that. I wanted to know everything about him, I wanted to know him inside and out.

We finished up, and would have lingered longer, only the place was pretty packed. I got into the car with a heavy heart, even though he was spending the night and would be back in a few days, I still hated to know the evening was ending. I wanted to spend every waking moment with Drew, and for a second, I wondered if I could spend the rest of my life with him. I smiled, picturing myself walking down the aisle, with Drew waiting at the end, looking amazing in a fitted tuxedo.

I sighed happily.

“What?” Drew asked.

“Nothing, just happy.” I answered, leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Me too.” He answered.

For as much as we talked at dinner, on the way home we were just happy to sit there in silence. I cuddled up to Drew, dozing.

I trusted Drew to bring me home safe.

23 comments:

Great post. Drew was so sweet. I'm still scared that if Ella doesn't come clean about her last encounter with Jason it's going to hurt them. mum

 

I agree with "WOW!" And it really was a great post. And now I really want to do it in a Starbuck's bathroom. XD

 

That was hot. I figured Drew hadn't been with many girls but none at all??

 

Wait, then what happend with Ella's roommate on that camping trip? Didn't she say that she had sex with Drew? I mean it could have been a lie I guess, or I could be remembering wrong.

Anyway, great post and I just love Drew.

 

I totally just fell in love with Drew! And wow...that was just....HOT! I want my guy to do that to me!

 

Hollllly smokes great post!!

 

AWW! Fabulous post, Laura!!

 

I get the feeling something bad is about to happen? I don't want it to but geesh, I don't know if I can wait until Thursday!

 

Oh Drew. That first part of this post I was like "Awwww!" And then it was "WHOA." Hahah. Great post (:
Mum, I agree. I think she needs to tell Drew about Jason sooner rather than later. It might be too hard to get past if she waits much longer.
Anon @ 6:44, I'm pretty sure it was Toni and Nick having sex. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

 

I agree with Anon-3, I think something bad is about to happen. Like a car wreck or something.

I still love Drew. He is absolutely perfect! I am so glad that Ella came to her senses and let herself fall in love with him!

 

Is she on the pill? Didn't she run out for the morning after pill after her encounter with Jason? She going to have to do the same thing again this time?

 

Great post! If it is possible, I think I love Drew even more now. So glad Ella can finally move past Jason and not let him ruin her happiness with Drew.

 

...Whoops, I know what Anon is talking about, and I think s/he might possibly be right.

I can't remember, but I do think Drew at least hooked up with Jarren, he may have had sex with her. But, I forgot about it, so... Whoops? Let's just say if Drew slept with Jarren, he forgot about it too since he was drunk :-)

 

I dont' know how I feel about this post. It left me feeling a little... blah. He is a virgin but decides to do it in a starbucks bathroom. kinda cheap. Not the Drew I pictured in my head. Oh well not that big of a deal.

 

Laura I forgot about that too. lol. He was drunk and didn't remember so it just doesn't count :)

 

Laura your the writer you could always do what soaps do and rewrite what they already wrote. I kind of like this side of Drew. I want me a Drewbie.

 

A virgin? Oh that is rich.
Every girl wants a guy who has waited his whole life just to be with her . . . but I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't think Drew can be *it* for Ella. Yes, he's sweet and perfect but, dare I say it?, too perfect. Yawn.

I agree: "I trusted Drew to get me home safe" equals car crash. Maybe Drew will go into a coma, and Ella will hook up with Jason. Then Drew will wake up.... Ooooh.

 

@BeautifulMess, you bring an ominous possibility!! But I do hope they have a nice little honeymoon stage before any huge (and there most likely will be) drama ensues.
And the virgin thing isn't that uncommon. Or at least there are guys out there who wait for a special girl for their first time. I happen to know some ;)

 

OMG. Um, I mean ... OMG. No, what I mean to say is .... OMG. And ... well .... OMG....

 

i dont think its THAT uncommon for a guy to be a virgin. my boyfriend was a virgin until we got together and he was already 21 by that point. besides the fact that he's a shy guy when it comes to girls, he had the opportunity with previous girls and just said he didnt feel like having sex with them, so he didnt. and i know several guys who are still virgins in the 20s. i give them credit for it.

 

You know I was so excited about the sex lol, and the "I've waited my whole life to be with you" thing that I totally overlooked that part about "I trusted Drew to get me home safe" Oh God ya'll are proabably right car crash is coming nooooo....

 

I will say when I was in my early 20s I met a very hot, successful guy that, at 24, was still a virgin. We didn't date long before we had a similar encounter to the one in this post...not in a bathroom, but there were definitely no candles or soft music. :P No romance whatsoever...and I'm not complaining! I didn't know he was a virgin til after either. I liked this post because it wasn't the Drew we all probably picture. :)