Whatever Wednesday: Sorry about the delays...

This was supposed to be posted WAY earlier. For some reason every time I went to blogger earlier, it would give me an error message. At one point it let me see the blog, but when I went to post a comment (to let you guys know I was having an issue) it wouldn't let me comment. So. Hopefully it works tomorrow (I even tried Internet Explorer)

I know I said I was going to try to post an actual post today. Obviously, I'm not going too. I didn't get as much writing done yesterday as I would have liked, and I know I'm not going to write anything this weekend (it's my birthday on Sunday, so I'll be out celebrating with friends.) So I'm trying to kind of conserve so it doesn't get interrupted anymore.

I keep toying with the idea of cutting back on postings... But three just doesn't seem like enough. Still, it's getting trickier to find time to write. It doesn't help either that I broke my son's highchair, so for the last couple days we've been feeding him while he's running around... Usually I'm able to get a little done when he's contained in his highchair eating a snack, or breakfast, or lunch. I love my son to death, but lately he's being... Well. A boy. I call him part boy, part natural disaster. He's either climbing something he's not supposed too, ripping something he's not supposed too, throwing things around... The living room stays a mess because I see no point in cleaning it when two seconds later he's into something else and messing it up. The rest of the house... Well. It's been a little neglected too. I used to be OK with leaving him alone for a second to empty and load the dishwasher, or to sort a load of laundry. Now if I do that, he either attempts to climb the gate to get with me, or is running the other way to climb the stairs, or trying to get into something he's not supposed to be in to.

Then there's the napping thing. He used to be a great napper. He's still OK, but it's down to one nap a day. Sometimes I get three hours, sometimes I get one.

I'm just trying to get ahead like I was, so if I miss a day and can't write, I still have a nice cushion. Which is why I'm not writing today (well, obviously I am writing, because here I am! But these postings take me literally five minutes, but I don't really have to think about what to say or what I want to happen.)

Anyway, thank you as well on the compliments on the layout. I like it, and think I'm going to keep it. I need to re-add some of the links on the side - I lost all my blogs links, so if you had a blog on the links, you want to recommend a blog for the side of the links, please, feel free to let me know (either in email or the comments) send me the link to the blog, the title, and whether it's fiction or non-fiction.

Last but not least, I'm uber frustrated today. We added my brother to our family cell phone plan, and they messed up how they billed him (we have an everything data plan, meaning we can get on the net as much as we want, message as much as we want, use navigation as much as we want, ect.) Anyway, for some reason, they were charging him an additional 99 dollars for texting him, and charging him to use data (an additional 75 dollars) My husband called last week, they told us it was fixed, and they had credited our account. Our phones got shut off today, our cell phone bill was sky high. So Jeremy called and didn't really get anything accomplished (even though he was on the phone with them for 1/2 hour, and they had to call him back.) Then I called once and the guy my husband talked too originally only credited our account for one charge. So I had to get them to take off an additional 175 dollars. Then she told me she fixed it. Then I went looking through the bill and found an additional 3 charges, so I had to call back to have them taken off.

If that charge shows up again next month, I'm going off. I had three different people tell me today that it's been fixed, it damn well better be fixed.

Then, we're trying to plan my party. I wanted to go out to Dave and Busters (Do you guys have those around there?) They just opened up a new one, so I wanted to check it out (I've never been to a Dave and Busters or Gameworks or anything like that.) My cousin however, told me that she was just there and they had to wait an hour and a half for a table. Since I'm bringing at least 15 people with me, I thought, well, maybe they'll take a reservation since we're bringing in so many people.

Well, they will, only they say we have to spend at least 300 dollars. Which, sounds like a lot, but if we have 15 people? I mean between food, drinks, and games, we'll hit that easy. So Jeremy calls back to book the room, and then they tell him that it has to be all on one check. Why? I mean I know, some places charge an mandatory 20% tip to your check if your party is over so many people, and I get that. But last year they did that AND split the checks. So. Whatever. Then they tell him that they need an 150 dollar deposit. Which, I kinda get. They don't wanna hold the room and have us not show. But the deposit goes towards the check, and we're not planning on paying for everyone, so... Jeremy asks if can we just give them a credit card so that if we don't show they can charge us. The woman said she had to ask her boss and she would call us back.

No call. We called her. She's gone for the night. The party is supposed to be Saturday. I need to let people know where to go. Like I said, we're bringing at LEAST 15 people, if not more. Do they not want my money?

So. Now I dunno where I'm going to have this party. So I better get on researching on that :-)

6 comments:

LOVE Dave and Busters!!

I understand where you're coming from. My son's 10.5 months. And he's just trying to walk..and I think he's teething, but I don't know. All I know is he's crankier in the day, and a little more clingy (still, when I say fussy, people look at me and go "if that's fussy, I'll trade you!) cause at his worst, he's actually not bad, but the nights.. sleepless nights of him crying out, rolling and crying and fussing, and he doesn't want up, doesn't want down, and.. yeah.. advil, gripe water, orajel.. nothing seems to be working.

so I know how you feel. it's hard to get anything done when you're keeping someone from climbing gates, shelves, tv stands...so post when you can!

 

K- Have you tried teething tablets at all? They didn't really seem to do much with Cayden, but my friend has a baby 3 months younger than him, and they SWORE by them. Different things for different babies, ya know.

The only thing that worked with Cayden was teething rings, when he would actually bite on them, which wasn't often. He hasn't been too bad when he's teething (*knock on wood*) but we did just go through a period where he was up A LOT at night, and then a tooth popped through, so I dunno if it was because of that or what.

I mean people look at Cayden and are like "Oh, he's such a happy guy." Only, not always. Or, yeah, he's happy, but he's also tearing the place up! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's happy, but they look at me like I should be SO glad just because he's happy. I mean I know it's WAY better than he's happy and tearing up the house rather than screaming and doing it... But it's still a lot of work!

And yeah, Cayden's 16 months old (tomorrow, actually) and he's STILL not sleeping through the nights. Even on "good" nights he's up at least once. The other night we finally just got him out of bed because he just wouldn't sleep. He was crying from 10-12:30, we got him up, he played from 12:30-1:30, we put him back down, he talked to himself in his crib till 2, fell back asleep was up again at 5 and then up for good at 8.

So yeah. I don't know what my point was. But teething tablets. Or, do you have one of those mesh feeders? If not, get one, freeze some fruit and try that.

 

I don't know D&B's policy, but it's not that uncommon for restaurants do have food&bev minimums for private rooms/parties -- because the group is so big, they're probably treating you like one even if you're not. just my guess. super bowl party?

 

oops, which you already said. heh. somehow missed your last few lines...and it won't let me delete my previous post!

 

You MUST have sprint. I get the $75 charge every. single. month and have been for 2 yrs now. The remove it every month, but what a freakin' pain! Thank god they now have the chat function...it's much quicker and you don't have the language barrier issue. Plus, when the call is complete they email you the transcript of your convo so if there is ever any question you have your proof. :D

Not sure if you guys have ever tried the nighttime orajel, but it is a bit stronger and lasts longer than the original. The twins had a helluva time teething so I only used the nighttime...even during the day. :)

 

Anon- I'm not really mad about the food/drink/game minimum. I mean, that's like 20 bucks per person, which I'm sure everyone will do between eating dinner and playing games. I'm more irritated that it all has to be on one check. I just don't understand why, they're getting the same amount of money if they split the stupid thing, and like I said, I know some places add a mandatory gratitude percent if the party is over a certain amount (which I also understand and am not complaining about) But the place we went last year split the check and added the fee. So yeah. Just don't get it. I'm irritated too that they didn't call me back. I mean, obviously the room is still open on a Wednesday, and we want it for Saturday, so the chances of them getting someone in? Probably aren't too high. You'd think they'd want the money.

LuLu- We used orajel nightime, it just doesn't work for him. He actually cries harder when I put it on him, he hates it. I have since confiscated it and started using it on myself, I think I have a wisdom tooth coming in, and it hurts.